4.0 out of 5 stars Great show! But commercials? Really?
Published 23 months ago by Anime Fanatic

Published on November 30, 2012 by Sonic Immersion

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon went too far this time toward their bottom line. If I purchase an episode, Amazon should not infuse commercials., November 30, 2012
Sonic Immersion (Sunnyvale, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Hey Amazon, I've been an extremely loyal customer of yours since when the company first started. However, you're seriously risking losing myself and many other loyal customers if you start pulling this crap with adding commercials into TV episodes that users PURCHASE. I don't want to watch minute after minute of commercials every time I want to quickly watch something I BOUGHT.

I bought all of the Family Guy Season 10 episode in HD, and they were great, because they were no different than if I'd bought the DVD, WHICH IS THE POINT. The streaming/downloadable version should be NO different than the untainted DVD/Blu-Ray disc.

Remove the commercials from Season 11, and then I'll purchase those episodes, as then my viewing experience will be similar to purchasing the season in DVD/Blu-Ray form. As I stated earlier, Season 10 was this way, and it was great and I purchased all the episodes and had an enjoyable viewing experience. But if you leave the commericals in the Season 11 Instant Video versions, I will shop elsewhere. Even worse, if you continue down this path with other programming, I will sadly have to leave Amazon altogether.

1.0 out of 5 stars WHY ARE THERE ADS ON SOMETHING I BOUGHT, November 14, 2012
Can someone please explain to me why something I bought has commercials? Don't bother with this, just torrent it. Sheesh.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great show! But commercials? Really?, January 12, 2013
This is a great show and amazon is a great way to buy the show. However there are commercials both before and after!!! What the heck is that?! You can fast forward the commercials in the beginning and just stop the video for the commercials at the end......BUT I didn't pay money for a show, just so I'd get stuck watching commercials like it's regular TV. Fox and possibly amazon need to get their &@%$ straight on this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Promos AND Censored !!, April 16, 2013
Not only do these episodes available for a purchased download from Amazon contain ads, but they are also the censored episodes aired on Fox, Cartoon Network, TBS, etc.

This really "grinds my gears". If I purchase something, I don't want ads nor promos of any kind. But I can live with that. Most important, however, the physical DVD's that are released are fully uncensored for our adult viewing pleasure.

This is one of the reasons I have become a bit concerned lately that the Volume 11 DVD set has yet to be released. The show is nearing the end of its 12th season, yet the DVD releases are complete only through Season 10. Hopefully the DVD's will be soon released, because I refuse to buy the censored episodes.

Three stars. Two extra because it's Family Guy, but two less due to the promotional ads and censorship.

3.0 out of 5 stars commercials, March 7, 2013
Angela P (Newport News, VA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Family Guy Season 11 (Amazon Instant Video)
Family guy is still a great show but watching commercials on something we pay for was a poor marketing strategy. I will not be buying future seasons.

1.0 out of 5 stars Love Family Guy, but what is with the commercials, November 9, 2012
Amazon Customer (North Dakota, USA) - See all my reviews
I agree overpriced for 20 some minutes, more importantly what is with the commercials in the video. I can go to Hulu or fox if I wanted to be annoyed by them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice episode. OMG COMMERCIALS WTF, January 16, 2013
Awesome episode. The ads though are totally uncalled for... DOWN WITH CAPITALISM. Still, I think family guy is still fresh and funny.

1.0 out of 5 stars I was just about to rent some of these!, August 8, 2013
I was wondering why it only got 3 stars... and now I know! That is just silly... commercials on something you bought. When I rent a movie, there are not commercials on there, and it's much longer! I don't get it. Now I'm not going to be renting any shows from Amazon--not until they figure out that what they're doing is a racket.

Really Amazon, not making enough money?

Peace!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great season like all the others., May 30, 2013
This review is from: Family Guy Season 11 (Amazon Instant Video)
A great season like all the others. I really enjoyed this years Stewie and Brian episode. Hopefully we will get to see Cleveland back in Family Guy now that The Cleveland show has been canceled.

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING!!!!, November 12, 2012
WARNING TO ALL CUSTOMERS. THIS IS NOT A FAMILY GUY EPISODE. ITS A QUICK BIOGROPHY/DOCUMENTARY OF ALL THE CHARACTERS AND ACTORS. NOT WORTH $1.99. DO NOT BUY!