Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$14.99

on November 30, 2012
Hey Amazon, I've been an extremely loyal customer of yours since when the company first started. However, you're seriously risking losing myself and many other loyal customers if you start pulling this crap with adding commercials into TV episodes that users PURCHASE. I don't want to watch minute after minute of commercials every time I want to quickly watch something I BOUGHT.

I bought all of the Family Guy Season 10 episode in HD, and they were great, because they were no different than if I'd bought the DVD, WHICH IS THE POINT. The streaming/downloadable version should be NO different than the untainted DVD/Blu-Ray disc.

Remove the commercials from Season 11, and then I'll purchase those episodes, as then my viewing experience will be similar to purchasing the season in DVD/Blu-Ray form. As I stated earlier, Season 10 was this way, and it was great and I purchased all the episodes and had an enjoyable viewing experience. But if you leave the commericals in the Season 11 Instant Video versions, I will shop elsewhere. Even worse, if you continue down this path with other programming, I will sadly have to leave Amazon altogether.
55 comments| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2012
Can someone please explain to me why something I bought has commercials? Don't bother with this, just torrent it. Sheesh.
33 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2013
This is a great show and amazon is a great way to buy the show. However there are commercials both before and after!!! What the heck is that?! You can fast forward the commercials in the beginning and just stop the video for the commercials at the end......BUT I didn't pay money for a show, just so I'd get stuck watching commercials like it's regular TV. Fox and possibly amazon need to get their &@%$ straight on this one.
on April 16, 2013
Not only do these episodes available for a purchased download from Amazon contain ads, but they are also the censored episodes aired on Fox, Cartoon Network, TBS, etc.

This really "grinds my gears". If I purchase something, I don't want ads nor promos of any kind. But I can live with that. Most important, however, the physical DVD's that are released are fully uncensored for our adult viewing pleasure.

This is one of the reasons I have become a bit concerned lately that the Volume 11 DVD set has yet to be released. The show is nearing the end of its 12th season, yet the DVD releases are complete only through Season 10. Hopefully the DVD's will be soon released, because I refuse to buy the censored episodes.

Three stars. Two extra because it's Family Guy, but two less due to the promotional ads and censorship.
on March 7, 2013
Family guy is still a great show but watching commercials on something we pay for was a poor marketing strategy. I will not be buying future seasons.
on April 4, 2016
I love Family Guy, and normally would give this 4-5 stars, however the fact that unlike the rest of the seasons one much buy this episode by episode makes it astronomically more expensive. I don't know if it's just a lack of rights (which seems unlikely as every episode is available for purchase), an oversight, or a cash grab but it's rather annoying. At $3 dollars an episode (in HD) with 23 episodes that makes this season $69 dollars to completely purchase, as opposed to the $25ish that the other seasons tend to average. That's more than double the price. Granted that this is the first HD season so it'd probably be like $35 dollars a season, but even so $69 for the whole season is rather ridiculous.
on April 27, 2014
I thought this episode was maybe not quite as good as some others, but good enough nonetheless. There was a town jury, showcasing 12 of Quahog's favorite characters/citizens. I think it was a good jury episode and again, without commercials! The people apparently were heard on this matter! Ahhh, Democracy!
on November 9, 2012
I agree overpriced for 20 some minutes, more importantly what is with the commercials in the video. I can go to Hulu or fox if I wanted to be annoyed by them.
on August 8, 2013
I was wondering why it only got 3 stars... and now I know! That is just silly... commercials on something you bought. When I rent a movie, there are not commercials on there, and it's much longer! I don't get it. Now I'm not going to be renting any shows from Amazon--not until they figure out that what they're doing is a racket.

Really Amazon, not making enough money?

Peace!
on April 21, 2013
Season 11 (2012/13) may be the least funny season yet. I don't know what happened--maybe they lost some of their better writers?--but after several seasons of really funny material, this show barely makes me laugh these days.

Also, the fact that I'm forced to watch ads even though I pay for the episodes is infuriating (are you reading this Amazon?), and if it continues after this season, I intend to cancel my prime membership and never give another dime to this company.

Media is dying.