From the Back Cover
When the kids you told to Grow up! really do...
Pat yourself on the back! You survived the harrowing sleepless nights nursing high fevers and waiting up for your kids to come home from their first date. The hard part is over, and now it's time to sit back, relax, and reap the rewards of those countless Saturday mornings spent at the soccer field. Right? Wrong! Parenting doesn't automatically stop on a child's eighteenth birthday. Learn how much (or how little) advice, emotional support, and financial backing to offer adult children.
Kathy Peel, best-selling author and founder of Family Manager, Inc., draws from her three decades of professional and personal experience to guide you in your "new" role as parents of grown children. She offers positive and practical ways to help your offspring become successful adults. Each chapter offers insightful ideas as well as helpful do's and don'ts. You'll learn how to:
- Prepare kids to leave the nest and land on their feet
- Give support without becoming a full-time parent again
- Be a dreambuilder, not a dreambuster
- Repair relationships with older children and show love in ways that matter
- Make your home a magnet so older children want to come back to visit
- Deal with difficult in-laws
- Be a great grandmother
- Keep your clan connected as it expands
- Carve out time and space for yourself as you continue to care for others
Learn how to be a great mother for a lifetime with the sage advice found in Family for Life.
About the Author
Kathy Peel is best-selling author and founder and president of Family Manager, Inc. She is a contributing editor to Family Circle and writes regularly for many other magazines, such as American Profile. She has been a repeat guest on "Oprah" and has also appeared on "Today," "The Early Show," "Good Morning America," and CNN.