5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Resource
I couldn't put this book down. It provides tips for both the novice and the experienced researcher. It was just the information I needed to begin my family history search and I'm sure I will use it often.
Published on July 14, 2001 by Assistance For You

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as I'd hoped
The book gives a nice overview of black geneology but it's not the only book you'll need. It's an introduction to the subject. Unless your family kept marvelous records in the old family bible this book won't get you too far.
Published on June 9, 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as I'd hoped, June 9, 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Family Pride: The Complete Guide to Tracing African-American Genealogy (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Resource, July 14, 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Starting Point, July 9, 2001
By A Customer
This book will get you far whether your family kept excellent family records or NOT. It discusses and addresses the difficulties most African Americans face in tracing their family history. It provides many tips and resources for obtaining family information.

Family Pride: The Complete Guide to Tracing African-American Genealogy