4.0 out of 5 stars A family's reunion to dysfunction
Published on September 8, 2000 by aluben@hotmail.com

2.0 out of 5 stars Family Reunion
I purchased this movie for my mom,cause she's a Bette Davis fan. She said, that she was disappointed because the movie was boring.
Published on June 2, 2012 by BrownSugar

4.0 out of 5 stars A family's reunion to dysfunction, September 8, 2000
This review is from: Family Reunion [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I remeber seeing this on TV when I was growning up, and I liked it. Davis is magnificient as the matriarch of a family with problems (which family doesn't!). She is at home in this New England setting, baking bread and stirring up trouble. She is desperately trying to keep her family together, despite their resistance. It is a good movie to watch as the weather gets colder, as I remeber the interior sets being cozy, and the exterior shots are gorgeous of the New England Fall. It is also a good film to watch before the holidays, to possibly examine your own family's issues, and how you would (or wouldn't) want to deal with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Family Reunion To Remember, December 17, 2005
Chris "Chris" (Leeds, Utah United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Family Reunion [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This is a terrific Miniseries made in 1981. Starring Bette Davis in one of her best roles of her long career.

In Family Reunion, the incomparable Bette Davis shines in one of her last roles of her illustrious career. Portraying a woman of conscience, she speaks of all that is noble about small town America and the value of family loyalties.

Bette Davis stars as Elizabeth Winfield, a feisty, New England school teacher, retiring after fifty years of educating children in the community which bears her name.

For her years of service, she is given an unlimited bus pass and sets out on a cross-country odyssey to heal old family feuds, not realizing she is being lured out of Winfield in a cunning plot by greedy shopping mall developers. She comes home in an attempt to stop the construction, armed with the moral integrity she has taught throughout her lifetime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now out on cd, September 2, 2003
This review is from: Family Reunion [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I'm leaving my original review below so people can laugh at it. This title is now out on DVD yip peee ). I've waited so long for this title to come out on an updated format. My VHS was coming apart before my eyes. I bought this dvd title here on amazon october 1,2011.

I bought the VHS movie in october of 1992 at TARGET for $27.98. The DVD is much better in so far of the quality of the picture. It has taken 19 years of waiting but it's out. THANKS SONY. MRMUSICALS

Why is this 1981 made for tv movie not yet on DVD?.There are other less then great titles that have come out in this forum but this movie seems to be elusive. I watch this VHS title around mid-november as the extrior shots are quite beautful. The house that Bette Davises character lived in is now a Holocaust museum in Glen Cove, NY. The scene where she is walking in to town is now a wildlife preserve. I hope and pray that some day this title will be released ON DVD, but I get tired of waiting for that date . THE PAHNTOM CHORUS BOY

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie!, July 10, 2014
This review is from: Family Reunion [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I've been looking for this movie for a very long time! When I first saw it, I knew it was my perfect gift for my dad. Bette Davis is just amazing in this film. So glad I was a able to finally purchase it for my dad .

5.0 out of 5 stars Many families have it, Heritage vs Greed, April 27, 2014
Stephen P. Frakes (Salem, Illinois /Cottonwood, AZ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Family Reunion (DVD)
I love this movie. I love the story-line. And who doesn't love Bette Davis? I saw this years ago on t.v. as it was a made for television movie. The plot is very good. Your basic good fighting evil. Well, maybe not evil, but definitely not good. All of the acting was not fantastic, but Bette Davis was superb. The time-line with distances don't always seem to work, but overall, the movie is so much worth watching and owning. Now that I have it, it will be one of those movies I watch once-a-year. Can't wait till next year.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bette Davis in Family Reunion, February 14, 2014
This review is from: Family Reunion (DVD)
One of Bette Davis' last movies. The gal still has it after all these years in the movie business. If you love Bette Davis, you'll enjoy this movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie!, December 25, 2013
This review is from: Family Reunion (DVD)
I've been looking for this movie for a very long time! When I first saw it, it was only on VHS years ago and had a different cover. But I remembered the name & main starr, Bette Davis. So glad I was a able to finally purchase it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A timeless family story., February 15, 2013
This review is from: Family Reunion (DVD)
Being a huge Bette Davis fan, I used to cherish the VHS copy of this tv movie until it finally gave up the ghost and wouldn't play correctly. After waiting many years for DVD release, I now have a more permanent copy to play again and again. Inspired by a story in Ladies Home Journal decades ago, this wonderful tale of a willful, obdurate and stubborn matriarch of the Winfield clan shipped off with a bus ticket so her family can undertake some chickanery behind her back is wonderfully played by a galaxy of well-known character actors crowned by Ms. Davis and her pedantic style of speech and well-done New England accent. A great story about family coming together to realize that blood means moe than money. Bravo Bette!

5.0 out of 5 stars family reunion, January 31, 2013
This review is from: Family Reunion (DVD)
i don't think there could be a bad movie that betty davis starred in. as usual, her performance was wonderful and the subject matter so tasteful. i love family movies that we all can watch. i will cherish this film.

5.0 out of 5 stars A favorite!, October 30, 2012
Speechless (Soap Lake, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Family Reunion (DVD)
I was so thrilled that this movie finally came out on DVD! I remember seeing it years ago on TV and have been searching for it, for ages. I love that Bette Davis' grandson is in this, too. I love the whole cast, and I love how the family pulls together. All in all, a great family movie with a moving message.

Family Reunion
Family Reunion by Fielder Cook (DVD - 2011)
$20.95 $18.08