Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on January 13, 2012
These books are definitely better read in order! This is the fifth book in the series. We meet Maya's brother, Clay when he comes back into town several months after the tornado. (Maya's story is in the first book). I'm happy to be returning back to Tommy, May, and Greg and their story. As I read books 2-4, I thought the issues with Tommy were resolved too quickly, and am happy to see that they were not resolved at all. We get a lot of Tommy and May in this book, but very little of Greg unfortunately...

The romance in this book is secondary compared to the other stories. Though there is an engagement at the end of the book, the main story centers around Clay and his sibling trying to repair their broken relationship. It also focuses on Kasey and her story. Yes, the first mystery is solved!!! We find out the truth about Kasey and what happened. It'll make you cry.

We also learn that Tommy is not happy with Greg and Maya. It's not because they don't love him, but simply because he won't allow himself to get close for fear of losing them. He loves Clay as well; but is heart-broken over losing his dog. We get a sense of the boy's broken heart all through the book...

This is probably the best book of the first five books. I enjoyed the first book about as much! Read these in order! You'll love them!
on November 9, 2015
I loved every book in this series except one. The series is written by a variety of authors about a small town in the aftermath of a devastating tornado. I loved the community, and the way they pulled together. I loved the various characters, and their differences and motivations were all believable. I loved this one- the first in the series, although it was the last one that I read - I read them out of order. I wish I had read this one first, but you can read the series in any order.

I have loved every single book Patricia Davids has ever written.
on September 1, 2013
Ms. Davis continues to have such an effortless way of drawing her readers into the story. I laughed one moment and cried the next. It's important to not only ask God, "What's next?" We also have to take the time to listen to His response and look deep into our hearts for the answers.
on May 11, 2015
This was a story of life and choosing finding faith to meet life's challenges. Also a story of how good things come out of tragedy. I especially liked the fast pace of the story that kept my interest peeked. This was a very good book.
on October 31, 2013
It was an overall nice story. Much of it was very good and focused on the importance of family and service.

There were many editing errors that were distracting to the story.

Something seemed to be missing for me, an emotional connection or something. I did not like the way in which it ended either. Kind of a cliffhanger.
on June 17, 2011
This is my favorite in the After the Storm series. The beautiful cover definitely does the story justice. I can see the town in my mind, covered in colorful fall leaves. I absolutely loved Clay Logan. He was great. :) Nikki and Kasey were fantastic too, as were the supporting characters. I read the series out of order, but it still made sense and made me want to read the others. But this is definitely the best, in my opinion.
on September 30, 2013
I liked the redeeming qualities of the story line. I have seen this kind of love through the many tragedies in our nation.
on February 3, 2014
What a beautiful story of long lost love returning after a hometown tragedy. Makes you believe that love does prevail.
on January 12, 2013
I really enjoyed this book, it was a perfect read during the holiday season, very heart warming and made me feel good.
on April 11, 2010
A very good book. Read a few of her books before this book and enjoyed them. Adding her name to my reading list.