5.0 out of 5 stars Family Tree Maker 2011

Published on September 9, 2009 by JW Crow

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Lacks a Good Printable Manual, September 9, 2009
JW Crow (Ft. Worth, TX) - See all my reviews
Purchased this version of Family Tree Heritage (FTH) to replace my 2002 version of FTM. For the money it is full of features, separate data files for text, multimedia and, photos which I use frequently. This makes any data corruption of files less tragic. Don't forget to backup often anyway. If you use any other geneology software, learning to navigate this program does not take long. Plenty of buttons to click and pull down screens for adding all kinds of information and source notes.

The biggest gripe I have is NO PRINTABLE MANUAL. Yes, they do include a PDF manual with the program but it only prints on 8-1/2 by 3-1/2 paper and NOT on 8-1/2 by 11: If you do print on letter size paper, the text is small and hard to read: a total waist of ink and paper. I had to print the whole manual one page at a time, enlarge each page to letter size text then copy each page in back-to-back book style: a REAL HASSLE when all they needed to do is make it print on standard paper. Guess they don't want anyone to really READ this stuff.

For the money , this softwae is hard to beat, easy to learn and keeps lots of details on individuals. Falls way short on a good user (printer friendly) manual.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what expected, January 12, 2010
Warrior Mom (South Carolina) - See all my reviews
As far as organizing, just as good as FTM or RootsMagic, but misleading; indicates that a wonderful DVD/CD can be made to share with others. Have had over a year and still trying to find a way to make this wonderful DVD to share. Wanted to be able to put photos with the information...if anyone can figure out how it's done, please let us know. Deleted and went back to FTM 2009, This software was a waste of my time and money.

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE - DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY, September 12, 2011
Purchased, installed and registered software. Didn't work at a basic level. Called and e-mailed Technical Support twice with NO RESPONSE. Completely wasted my time and money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Family Tree Maker 2011, January 23, 2011
I have 10 full books of genealogy of my family and my husband's family. I had Family Ties on my old computer and when I bought a new computer I could not transfer it. I wanted a genealogy program like the old one. I did not find one exactly like it - but I do admit I like this new one. I may have to start all over again and make new books! I ordered first Family Tree Heritage and did not like it at all - you took it back and refunded the full amount to me. Thank you. And when I ordered the new one - Family Tree Maker 2011 I knew if I didn't like it, I could return it, but it is as close as I will get to the old one. The orders always came quickly. Thank you again for such great service..

2.0 out of 5 stars Family Tree review, April 13, 2014
This review is from: Family Tree Heritage 7 [Download] (Software Download)
This version of Family Tree covers tbe basics nicely I was a little disappointed to find that there are no family tree charts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, December 9, 2013
This review is from: Family Tree Heritage 7 [Download] (Software Download)
I've always been so lost with my family going in different directions that i can easily put the family together with this

3.0 out of 5 stars product review, August 21, 2013
This review is from: Family Tree Heritage 7 [Download] (Software Download)
it isnot what I expected to be like. I cant find what to look for. P cant find the info .

3.0 out of 5 stars Family Tree Heritage Deluxe V7.0, August 9, 2013
Linda Odom (White Bluff TN) - See all my reviews
It is not what I was looking for and it is too complicated for this old lady.I like the Family tree Maker Better.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazingji, March 17, 2013
This review is from: Family Tree Heritage 7 [Download] (Software Download)
It is working great. It is way more than I expected. I enjoy it and hope that my children do too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Family Tree Heritage, October 11, 2012
This review is from: Family Tree Heritage 7 [Download] (Software Download)
It is better than average but I still like Family tree Maker better. It is a good program for someone starting Genealogy but I think you should eventually graduate to Family tree Maker.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›