4.0 out of 5 stars The DVD content is great, however it is falsely advertised.
Published on February 11, 2010 by T. J. Cullen

1.0 out of 5 stars Volumes
Published on January 11, 2010 by darthheavy

1.0 out of 5 stars Volumes, January 11, 2010
This review is from: Family Guy, Volume Seven (DVD)
As much as I love Family Guy, I still can't understand this volume business. Thirty to forty dollars for 12-13 half hour episodes is not acceptable. Smallville and Battlestar Galactica charge that much for entire seasons composed of 20-22 one hour episodes (for seasons one and three for BSG, anyway, since I still don't understand the 2.0, 2.5, 4.0, and 4.5 crap, but I waited for the price to drop on those as well).

And on top of that, the packaging of previous volumes has been done away with for the cheaper flip box. If a premium price is going to be charged, then I expect premium services.

So my complaint isn't the show, which I still give five stars to, but the price and packaging. I did my usual thing of waiting and waiting and the price eventually came down, but lets be serious. Shouldn't have to do that.

4.0 out of 5 stars The DVD content is great, however it is falsely advertised., February 11, 2010
This review is from: Family Guy, Volume Seven (DVD)
The content of Family Guy Volume 7 is great stuff, by all means buy it. However, when you receive it, you won't get what's pictured. The DVD no longer comes with the sleeve featuring the Griffins, just the bare-bones case, which doesn't make much sense. I was a little miffed because I bought it as a gift, and the person it was for knew there was a sleeve for the case, so it just made me seem cheap when I gave them a half-assed copy of it.

3.0 out of 5 stars it's not even the right cover!, January 8, 2010
This review is from: Family Guy, Volume Seven (DVD)
Okay I didn't buy it from Amazon but that's not the point, I saw the pic , saw it was 13.99 an said to myself "sold!". well I shouldn't have, when i got it the picture on the actual case didn't match the one on the website and it was in a regular dvd case.( it had a horse and lincoln on the front not the usual family guy picture) no way can three discs be in here. So , i went to Amazon to check out reviews(cause Amazon peeps review the best). So, I found out that Seth Macfarland pretty much went cheapy on the season or volume ...whatever it is and jipped us, the viewers, his meal ticket, with this one. I just wish they would advertise it with the right cover and tell us exactly what i'm buying. thank god it was cheap!

5.0 out of 5 stars Family Guy Volume 7: Season 8, January 24, 2011
This review is from: Family Guy, Volume Seven (DVD)
I love this season and i love the surfin' bird episode family guy just gets better and better every season. the best episodes in this season are.

Episodes

10. Tales Of A Third Grade Nothing
11. Ocean's Three And A Half
12. Family Gay
13. The Juice Is Loose!

if you have not seen this season then i recommend you do

3.0 out of 5 stars not as great as the first earlier seasons, but still ...., September 20, 2010
This review is from: Family Guy, Volume Seven (DVD)
you gotta own this if you already bought the first 6 seasons! but they are losing the whole funny thing....oh well, on to the next show
Seth Mcfarlane...

4.0 out of 5 stars family Guy, Volume Seven, June 25, 2010
This review is from: Family Guy, Volume Seven (DVD)
Family Guy, Volume Seven is one of the best volumes of the entire series to come out!
If you order this of Amazon as of late March you no longer recieve the slip cover giving a "Boxed Set" feel to this set when set with the others. Now you only recieve the inside cover. I purchased this somewhere else so I could get the slip cover because I like mine to match.

THIS SET:
As Fox Home Video has done with all shows they release on DVD, this one is a thin DVD cover with cheap plastic.
For the first few months you would recieve the same cheap DVD case, but with a cardboard slip cover with the Griffins on it. The slip cover really help it match the others when on a shelf. The front (with slip cover) is a picture of the Griffins outside their house with the door cracked open. Through a small plastic window you can see the inside cover which appears as you're looking into the house (I find that cool). On the Back you get Joe and Quaqmire as they looked in the "Jackass" spoof they did, and you get a description of the DVD with inside special features. When you take the slip cover off (which this is the one you now recieve) You get to see the whole picture inside the house. Where there seems to be a wreck of things happening. Many of the Family Guy Universe Characters on this cover all appear in at least one episode in this Volume, which is very neat.
Inside the case, you get all three discs in a cheap holder, like a regular 2-Disc DVD set but with a 2 sided wing. There are three pictures under each disc description (which is just episode titles). All features are on disc 3, just like all Volume sets that have been released.
The set is the first "Uncensored" DVD set. It just has more language per episode. Volumes 3-6 also had uncensored features, but volume seven is the first to be dubbed uncensored.

FINAL THOUGHTS:
If you already have the boxed set version of volumes 1-6, I would suggest trying to find this volume with the slip cover like from [...]. If you don't mind much, then go ahead and order it. You'll get the insid ecover with Lincoln, the Donkey, Cleveland having sex etc.

Thanks!

3.0 out of 5 stars Video Format Size A Bit Off For Season 8, April 1, 2010
I buy almost all my videos in electronic form now, but I have to say I am a bit disappointed in the formatting size of Season 8 Family Guy. Family Guy videos are normally formated to 640x480, but for some reason this season is formatted to 704x396 and padding the left and right sides with black. In effect the video of the actual show is only 528x396, which gets a little grainy when made to full screen size, along with the fact that you can't actually fill the screen with it as the sides are too wide, leaving a black bar on the top and bottom also.

Other then that though it's really nice to not have to shuffle DVD's to watch my shows.

1.0 out of 5 stars McFarlane needs better writers, November 30, 2010
This review is from: Family Guy, Volume Seven (DVD)
I was rather disappointed with this one. I was glad I purchased this at Wal-Mart's post Black Friday special. The writing is just not there! How many times can you watch Conway Twitty singing, knowing that is saving Mcfarlane money on writers and animation time! The only thing I enjoyed was the deleted scenes. Seth should take the cast of American Dad and Clevland's Show and combine them in cross over episodes. The Simpson's lasted over 20 years with good characters. Family Guy will have to employ the same qualities if it wants to stay on the air.

I don't want to see this great show go off the air; but if good writers aren't employed by Seth, this show will soon off the schedule on Fox.

3.0 out of 5 stars Family Guy is losing humor., September 26, 2010
This review is from: Family Guy, Volume Seven (DVD)
Seth has really lost his touch. Characters have become so obnoxious that it isn't funny. Seth is so far up his own a** with political and religious messages. It's not quiet as bad as the newest season but almost.

5.0 out of 5 stars yep, September 15, 2013
what I was looking for. will tell my friends when searching for items to always always always check amazon first.

Family Guy, Volume Seven
Family Guy, Volume Seven by Julius Wu (DVD - 2009)
$39.98 $11.99