5.0 out of 5 stars Best Jar Sauce I've Had, May 2, 2009
This review is from: Family-size Victoria Marinara Sauce, 40 Oz. (Misc.)
This sauce tastes like fresh, homemade sauce from a better Italian restaurant. I have tried nearly every jar marinara sauce on the market in the NYC area, from the lower-end Ragu and Francesco Rinaldi, to the middle-market Classico and Barilla, to the $10+ Rao's and Patsy's. Victoria's marinara leaves them all in the dust. Definitely worth the extra couple of bucks over the Ragu-class sauces, which I can't even eat anymore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Jar sauce ever! (Pass it off as your own!), March 3, 2010
This review is from: Family-size Victoria Marinara Sauce, 40 Oz. (Misc.)
I purchased this mega jar at my local Costco, and sadly, they aren't stocking it anymore so I'm picking some up here.

This is the BEST sauce I have ever purchased, at any price point. Tastes fresh, not acidic, not sweet, just perfect. Can be used in simmering recipes (meatballs), baked dishes or just quickly heated up and tossed with pasta. It's OUTSTANDING.

5.0 out of 5 stars Victoria's Marinara, August 27, 2009
This review is from: Family-size Victoria Marinara Sauce, 40 Oz. (Misc.)
I agree 100% with the provious review - this is the BEST jar Marinara I have ever tasted. this sauce is good italian restaurant quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute best jar sauce on the planet!, September 19, 2012
This review is from: Family-size Victoria Marinara Sauce, 40 Oz. (Misc.)
I've tried them all and this is by far the best jar tomato sauce on the planet! Victoria is even better than Rao's. It has a fresh crushed tomato taste that is a taste of 100% pure tomato. If you like sugary sweet sauces or complex type sauces.......... or think that sauces like classico or ragu are decent, then this is not the sauce for you. It has more of a Southern Italy fresh ground tomato taste with small ground chunks of tomatoes in it. It is so good that I drink it out of the jar!

Ok now this may seem crazy but I have found that the smaller 25 oz jar has a different color, texture and tastes better. It is probably in my mind but I just have to do the smaller jar. Also, this sauce cannot be heated. If you put it in a pan and put any heat to it, it gets a deeper darker red color and the flavor changes dramatically. It also loses its zing and absolute greatness when refrigerated in my opinion.

I crack it open at room temperature and use it on the spot. (or drink it out of the bottle!) I know this defies the pure Italian tradition of finishing a sauce in a pan with pasta to coat the noodles. It does not work with Victoria marinara. If you need to (must) heat it, warm it in the microwave for about 20-40 seconds and that is it. I use the microwave trick when I want to dip Italian bread in it. You can dip anything in it like a Stromboli. Try dipping your pizza crust in it!

But trust me, you must eat this stuff right out of the jar at room temperature for full effect. I am relying on other Victoria aficionados out there to tell me if this is true or am I crazy?

Bottom line...You will not be disappointed if you want a quick fresh tomato taste without having to take the time to make it from either real fresh tomatoes or from a high end canned whole tomato that you would crush by hand into extra virgin olive oil and garlic.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this stuff, January 15, 2014
This review is from: Family-size Victoria Marinara Sauce, 40 Oz. (Misc.)
There are two kinds of tomato sauce in a jar.
Cheap: Made from tomato paste (Ragu, etc.) These cost about $2 - $3 per jar. They are cheap but they taste like crap and are typically overly sweet and have no texture.
Good: Made from tomatoes, not paste. Victoria marinara is actually one of the least expensive of the good tomato sauces. At $4 to $5 per jar, it's a good value.
After eating Victoria several times, I can no longer bring myself to eat the cheap, paste-based sauces anymore. It's worth it for me to spend a couple of extra bucks for something with flavor and texture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sauce ever, April 11, 2013
This review is from: Family-size Victoria Marinara Sauce, 40 Oz. (Misc.)
This sauce is the Best. I buy it at Walmart. It is the bomb. It is a true Itlalian taste not sweet. I will not buy Ragu or any other thing. My family loves to eat Maggianos . I would buy their sauce at around $10 until I found this. It was worth it for the taste. Now I will not use anything else. Yummy for chicken Parmesan or Lasgna or anything using sauce .

5.0 out of 5 stars the best!!!, April 17, 2011
This review is from: Family-size Victoria Marinara Sauce, 40 Oz. (Misc.)
This is easily the best marinara I've ever bought, hands down. Definitely pricey, but I buy it at my local Stop & Shop. When it's on sale ($3.99!!!) I stock up! I live in Rhode Island, and can always find it. Sometimes I even find it at Job Lot!! Worth the hunt :)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the Only Sauce I Buy, April 1, 2012
This review is from: Family-size Victoria Marinara Sauce, 40 Oz. (Misc.)
I have tried many different sauces, some very expensive, and nothing compares to Victorias. It's the only one my husband and I I ever buy. It's the absolute best!!

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST Explosive Italian Taste Of Any, February 23, 2010
MarkSails (Metuchen, NJ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Family-size Victoria Marinara Sauce, 40 Oz. (Misc.)
This marinara sauce puts a century of bottled sauces to shame. It proves you really can bottle a great fresh high quality sauce. It sets a new standard which others will be required to follow or be relegated to memory. Remember Melody Cookies, Kellogs Concentrate and Craig Martin toothpaste? Victoria explodes with alive Italian flavor. You taste oregano and no-expense-spared basil that went into it. This bottled sauce awakens taste buds and will even challenges some to improve their own home-made sauce. Obviously, we recommend it. We put a monstrous bowl of spaghetti and meatballs on the table for dinner guests, and the first question was whether we made the sauce, ourselves. Of course, you can still buy Ragu and add herbs and spices, but we go for Victoria.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, October 7, 2010
This review is from: Family-size Victoria Marinara Sauce, 40 Oz. (Misc.)
This is the best jarred pasta sauce I have ever had. It tastes like homemade sauce with the best imported san marzano tomotoes. I buy it at my local Sam's club, as it is the only place I can find it. It is a little pricier than jarred sauce at the grocery store, but well worth it! If they ever stop carrying it I will have to start ordering it online, because it is just that good!

Family-size Victoria Marinara Sauce, 40 Oz.
$70.73
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.