Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Famose Canzoni Napoletane
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

75%
25%

on October 31, 2000
I purchased this CD about 2 weeks ago, and I listen to it every day! I even copied it to cassette tape so I can hear it in other rooms in my house! If you grew up in an Italian home, listening to great old Italian music, then you will love this CD as much as I do! I don't understand a word of Italian, but each song still touches my heart. I want to dance, I want to sing, I want to cry. I brought my cassette with me when I went to visit my 82 year old, very Sicilian, father in his nursing home. I knew he would enjoy Renzo Arbore. Well.... I haven't seen my dad enjoy anything so much in a very long time! I am 36 years old. My children are 13 and 11, and I am raising them with the same music I grew up with. Thanks to the modern technique of the Renzo Arbore Orchestra, my kids actually enjoy this old music!
on October 23, 2000
Twelve songs, 65 minutes of music, beautiful arrangements. Old music brought to life by a band that is full of fun. Did I say band? I meant an orchestra of 16 memebers, playing chitarra classica, chitarra acustica, chitarra electrica, and---of course---fisarmonica and lots of mandolini. It is impossible not to smile while the music is playing, and for many songs it is impossible to remain seated. Liner notes include all lyrics---how's your napoletano? This album couldn't possibly be better. If you have ears, you will love it.
on August 28, 2004
I just finished reading, out of curiosity, the reviews of the several Renzo Arbore CD's on your web site, virtually all of which are dated year 2000, but all of which spoke directly to my feelings. I bought the first of my Arbore CD's before the millenium ... my children listened to them, along with more "classical" versions of Neapolitan songs, with no knowledge of Italian or the Neapolitan dialect, other than my pigeon translations. My grandson is soon to be one year old, and my daughter and son-in-law (who is Danish) just requested these same CD's for their son to listen to. That speaks volumes for the joyous impact that Arbore and his group have had in re-interpreting these beautiful songs. It's great to be Italian, and, Neapolitan in particular, but neither is a requirement for the enjoyment of these interpretations.
on May 29, 2000
Renzo Arbore, succeded where others more polished failed. His success, in my opinion, is due to his typical, natural portray of a true "napolitan" interested more in being himself than to carry a staged act. The music? very good. The orchestra ensamble good with some quite talented musicians and singers. I fail to understand on why the VHS has not been made available in this Country. This set of 3 CD is a collection for anyone wishing to "see" Italy, without moving from home....!
Very enjoyable.