4.0 out of 5 stars MD9400, TSI 44, ATLMDADV, TreasureHunterXJ9-3050
Published 10 months ago by Troy

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, But!
Published on March 27, 2012 by Richard K

4.0 out of 5 stars MD9400, TSI 44, ATLMDADV, TreasureHunterXJ9-3050, September 7, 2013
This review is from: Famous Trails - MD9400 - Famous Trails Md9400 Md9400 The Ultimate (Kitchen)
The product is a very decent product. ""HOWEVER"", i do not like the fact that the product falls under four different names. Each with a slight to variable price range. It again ia a very decent product but when you can go from approximately $160.00 to over $300.00 it becomes maybe price gouging. Understand that everyone needs to make a profit but...... Do not understand either how either it can be valued at over $400.00. I do like the device and have purchased two. The first I bought for $285.00 the second here for just over $140.00 including shipping. Was looking originally for replacement parts to fix my first one. I assumed that water resistant meant water submersible which it does not and submerged the search coil which was my fault to some degree. The company that makes the metal detector opts to not make replacement parts for this product. So I found another online to purchase. Again decent product just do not understand why it has to be labeled under various names. I know one model has a different batter compartment but that should not affect the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, But!, March 27, 2012
There are many who don't like this detector, however,I do. I find that most of the complainers don't understand how to use a detector. This detector is not a professional detector, but does function satisfactorily for a light user. I have had no problem using this unit. The only complaint I have is their instruction manual, it stinks. It must have been written by a 10 year old. Famous Trails needs to re-do this manual and make clearer explanations of settings and graphics and do a spell check.

The MD 9400 has some nice features, albiet difficult to understand the instructions. I have had to read several times and play with the unit for a couple of hours before it worked the way it's advertised. It will dicriminate junk and will locate coins and other valuables, but learn how to use it properly.

If your not a professional miner, this unit will do the trick once you learn how to use it. There are other more expensive units out there, but for the money this one is satisfactory. Remember, you get what you pay for.

Kudo's to their Customer Service people who have been very helpful.

Famous Trails - MD9400 - Famous Trails Md9400 Md9400 The Ultimate
$440.00 $308.09
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
Rate and Discover Movies