Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fan Favorites: The Best of Happy Days
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

The phenomenon of "fan favorites" always seems a bit dubious to me, just another marketing strategy. But CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount recently conducted a Facebook poll on seven of its popular classic programs (Cheers, Happy Days, Frasier, The Odd Couple, Hogan's Heroes, The Honeymooners, and MacGyver) to determine what would be included on these Fan Favorite DVD releases. These are no-frills editions for only the most casual viewer (each of these shows is readily available in complete seasons and/or series editions), so if you already own the previous, and more complete, releases--this really adds nothing to the discussion. These bargain priced entries, therefore, might appeal to newer viewers who wish to sample a program or to someone who just wants a few episodes of their favorite show for those rainy days with nothing better going on.

However, as the number of episodes and which ones are not being provided (as of 2/28/12), I thought I'd give a rundown to the interested parties about what is included on each DVD set.

Happy Days: In Dolby Digital English Mono with English SDH subtitles
(1) All The Way (Season One, Episode 1): The show's premiere gets off to a start with Richie being invited to babysit with his dream girl.
(2) Fonzie Drops In (Season One, Episode 7): Getting Fonzie to come back to high school is more problematic than Richie suspects.
(3) Haunted (Season Two, Episode 6): Richie and Joanie combat their fears of a potentially haunted house.
(4) Guess Who's Coming To Christmas (Season Two, Episode 11): A Christmas story related by the Fonz about when Howard's traditional Christmas plans were upset by a unexpected visitor.
(5) Richie's Flip Side (Season Two, Episode 21): Richie gets a gig as a local disc jockey and is seduced by the fame.
(6) Fonzie Moves In (Season Three, Episode 1): Fonzie takes the attic apartment at the Cunningham house and Howard is apoplectic.
(7) The Motorcycle (Season Three, Episode 2): The Cunninghams try to keep Fonzie busy so he doesn't lose his head revenging his vandalized bike.
(8) They Call It Potsie Love (Season Three, Episode 13): Joanie's crushing on Potsie!

With eleven seasons to choose from, it's interesting to note that these were all from the first three! I grew up with "Happy Days" and, as a series, it had its ups and downs. This is a nice way to introduce yourself to the show if you haven't seen it, but it is much better in context and complete (especially these early seasons when the show was in its stride). KGHarris, 2/12.
66 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2013
what's going on why can't us people get the remaining seasons 5 thru 11 it's not fair not able to get them come on guy's from amazon if you are willing to bring memories to us people with seasons 1 thru 4 why not the rest of the seasons I know you can do it can't hardly wait to get them
on June 2, 2012
If you have the first 4 available seasons you dont need this. I am patiently waiting for the remaining seasons. Wish they would get off their butts and release the remainings seasons.
on December 12, 2013
Bought this as a Christmas present for a relative; however, I remember the series for TV. Now that says something in it self that I remember and not only that but the individual characters. If you enjoy older TV, this would be a series to add to your collection.
on December 17, 2013
MADE A FEW MEMORIES FOR ME WATCHING. THIS SEASON WAS WHEN HENRY WINKLER WAS STILL CREATING HIS CHARACHTER ARTHUR FONZARELLI ALIAS "THE FONZ" SO IT STILL LACKED THE BETTER QUALITY EPISODES THAT WERE STILL TO COME. MAY OR MAY NOT GET FURTHER SEASONS OF THE SHOW.
on January 1, 2014
We bought seasons 1-4 for Christmas and just finished the last episode of Season 4. Its been fun introducing our 15 year old daughter to a show my wife and I grew up with and loved. Now we have her hooked on it too. The DVD's are well made and presented nicely. I have just one question..Where are the rest of the seasons?? Please release season 5 - 11 !!!
on June 25, 2013
My daughter LOVES Happy Days. I got this set for her for her birthday, and now she giggles and blushes every time the Fonz appears. PLUS.... Did you know they talk about and actually say the word SEX in the pilot! OMG I laughed so hard. Almost as hard as Fonzies hair. Just wait until you see Mr. C. in a hot steamy bathroom discussing sex with his son.
on December 7, 2013
I have never had a bad experience with any of the sellers that I have dealt with including this one. My product has gotten to me in record time. My thanks to all of you!
on June 21, 2013
If one could only go back in time,whata time this was. Good selection of episodes. The Fonz without his leather? yes
on January 20, 2015
If you love Happy days you will love this.