4.0 out of 5 stars Eight Amusing Episodes (Selected by Facebook Poll) Of The Classic Buddy Comedy, February 28, 2012
This review is from: Fan Favorites: The Best of the Odd Couple (DVD)
The phenomenon of "fan favorites" always seems a bit dubious to me, just another marketing strategy. But CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount recently conducted a Facebook poll on seven of its popular classic programs (Cheers, Happy Days, Frasier, The Odd Couple, Hogan's Heroes, The Honeymooners, and MacGyver) to determine what would be included on these Fan Favorite DVD releases. These are no-frills editions for only the most casual viewer (each of these shows is readily available in complete seasons and/or series editions), so if you already own the previous, and more complete, releases--this really adds nothing to the discussion. These bargain priced entries, therefore, might appeal to newer viewers who wish to sample a program or to someone who just wants a few episodes of their favorite show for those rainy days with nothing better going on.

However, as the number of episodes and which ones are not being provided (as of 2/28/12), I thought I'd give a rundown to the interested parties about what is included on each DVD set.

The Odd Couple: In Dolby Digital English Mono with English SDH subtitles
(1) The Blackout (Season One, Episode 13): Oscar is accused of stealing money from the poker pot during a blackout.
(2) Security Arms (Season Two, Episode 15): After relocating to a more secure building, Oscar and Felix have a hard time abiding by a new set of rules.
(3) I'm Dying Of Unger (Season Three, Episode 6): Felix takes Oscar to the woods to help him recover from writer's block. It's too close for comfort!
(4) Password (Season Three, Episode 11): Our mismatched pair make an appearance on the TV game show Password.
(5) Take My Furniture, Please (Season Three, Episode 22): A decorating war as Oscar responds to Felix's new ultra modern decor by countering with garish thrift store selections.
(6) The Murray Who Came to Dinner (Season Three, Episode 23): Murray moves in after a fight with his wife. Three most certainly is not company.
(7) Cleanliness is Next to Impossible (Season Four, Episode 15): Oscar tries to emulate Felix's neat ways when his current girlfriend brands him a slob.
(8) The Insomniacs (Season Four, Episode 20): Felix's sleeplessness starts to drive Oscar insane.

I truly love "The Odd Couple" and, as a series, easily award it five stars. This is a nice way to introduce yourself to the show if you haven't seen it, but it is much better in context and complete. KGHarris, 2/12.

4.0 out of 5 stars My favorite series, but the term "best of" is a stretch, January 16, 2013
Jesse Ross (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fan Favorites: The Best of the Odd Couple (DVD)
Okay, I'll start with this: "The Odd Couple" is my favorite series ever. With that said, this 8-episode collection may be "fan favorites" based on an internet poll, but as a true "best of" it fails miserably. "The Blackout" from season 1? Really? It's a fine episode, but hardly among the best, especially when measured up to other episodes from later seasons. (Season 1 of "The Odd Couple" was undoubtedly the show's weakest, and I don't think I'm in the minority on that one.)

To really get a grasp of how great this series really was, you need episodes like "The Fat Farm," "Felix the Calypso Singer" (my absolute favorite episode), "The Flying Felix," "The Sleepwalker" or "The Ides of April." Release those episodes on a single disc and that would be a much more impressive "Best Of." The "Password" episode is on here, and that is the one episode I agree with as far as a "Best Of" is concerned.

The studios should have just called this DVD "Fan Favorites" and left off the "Best Of" part of the title. Fans may have chosen these as their favorites, but that's not necessarily the "best" of the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars HAPPY, September 1, 2013
This review is from: Fan Favorites: The Best of the Odd Couple (DVD)
AL IS ALWAYS FUN! AL IS FROM MY HOME AREA,HE DOESN'T GET ATTENTION, WHERE HE SHOULD !! FUN ACTOR FOR SURE

5.0 out of 5 stars As funny as I remembered, December 24, 2012
TheBeth (Northern Virginia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fan Favorites: The Best of the Odd Couple (DVD)
Glad I bought this impulse purchase. I thoroughly enjoyed watching this dvd. Brought back memories of watching this show with my parents (on a black & white tv of course). Nice to see it in color. Makes me want to buy the entire series. The years haven't changed me: I still strongly relate to Felix. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast shipping and in a very good conditioned!, March 31, 2014
This review is from: Fan Favorites: The Best of the Odd Couple (DVD)
It only took 2 days for shipping.its affordable and in a good quality.i enjoyed each episode.thank you.i highly recommend to all fans of the odd couple to purchase a copy of this DVD.:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic sitcom?-You bet!, May 1, 2013
This review is from: Fan Favorites: The Best of the Odd Couple (DVD)
"The Odd Couple" is one of my favorite shows of all time-The chemistry that Tony Randall & Jack Klugman had was spectacular-Hard to believe that both of these performers are no longer with us-Randall died in 2004,Klugman died in late 2012-This DVD gives you eight classic "OC" episodes,including the "Password" episode which is priceless-Definitely worth purchasing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Odd Couple, March 1, 2013
This review is from: Fan Favorites: The Best of the Odd Couple (DVD)
I cant believe the quality of the picture.This is from 1970-1973.I saw an episode on T.V. recently and it wasn't as clear as this.Brings back a lot of memories.its too bad we lost both Jack Klugman and Tony Randall.(Tony's real name was Arthur Rosenberg)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fan Favorites: the Best of the Odd Couple, February 22, 2013
This review is from: Fan Favorites: The Best of the Odd Couple (DVD)
I always loved the Odd Couple gowing up. This is one of my favorite comedy TV shows. If you like the Odd Couple TV
show, you will love the Best Of the Odd Couple. I'm going to buy the complete set.

5.0 out of 5 stars They're Terrific, February 11, 2013
This review is from: Fan Favorites: The Best of the Odd Couple (DVD)
They are always funny and crazy.
They are better than the movie, with Jack Lemon and his partner.
I want Them, again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic!!!, December 28, 2012
This review is from: Fan Favorites: The Best of the Odd Couple (DVD)
Great DVD! Wish we were able to watch this on todays TV line up... brings us back to the good old days.

Fan Favorites: The Best of the Odd Couple