5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for beginners
Had a great experience with this kit. The light stands are sturdy, both bulbs worked, and the setup was simple and effortless. I was so thrilled that the kit came with a compact traveling bag to carry everything as well.

Published on December 29, 2012 by William B

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Recommended
I have used this product twice.

Published 9 months ago by T-Man

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for beginners, December 29, 2012
This review is from: Fancierstudio LS69BWG Photo Video Lighting Kit 3 Muslin Backdrop Background Stand And Lighting Kit (Camera)

I would definitely recommend this product to any up-and-coming photographer looking to invest in a high-quality/low-price continuous lighting studio.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kit, September 19, 2013
I couldn't believe how many things you get in this kit. There is so much included worth the price yes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it says it is. Worth it!, November 30, 2012
I'm doing an event on NYE and wanted a photo backdrop. I found this and bought it. It comes with everything it says 2 umbrellas with light bulbs, stands, and the light switches, the upright stand, 3 backdrops (black, white, and green), and a case to carry it all in. The 3 backdrops are like the picture...smaller than the upright stand but you can always add a back drop to go on top so the material goes from end to end. I wish the cross bars were adjustable, however, it works for me still. One of the light switches did not work the metal inside was bent, but it just needed to be bent into place again. One umbrella has a very tiny rip not too noticeable so I kept it. Other than that I love it and would've given it 5 stars had I not had to deal with the switch or noticed the rip. I would recommend this product although I would suggest ordering ahead of time just in case you need to exchange anything.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Recommended, April 8, 2014
I have used this product twice.

The backdrops (green, white, and black) are so thin (extremely low thread count) that you can easily see thru the fabric. Problem: There will be other images like furniture, lights, people and walls showing up behind your subject after you have taken the photos. When I hung up the backdrop It was so embarrassing. The reason you use a back drop is to isolate whoever or whatever your taking photos of. The backdrops in this Fancierstudio Lighting kit are a complete and total failure because of that.

The zipper carry bag that is provided is also of the poorest quality. Problem: The zipper broke on my first event and I could not close the bag. The metal zipper head destroys the soft plastic zipper tracks (metal zipper head won't move). On my second event, the bag busted under its own weight. Problem: The carry bag could not support the weight of the items that it is meant to carry. The seams at the end of the bag tear open under stress.

The other parts of this Fancierstudio Lighting Kit are fair quality, meaning that at least they function and perform their intended purpose (the lights, tripod stands, and umbrella light diffusers). However, when I compare this kit with my co-worker's kit...I regret that I purchased this one. I cannot use the backdrops at all and of course the carry bag is busted.

Sincerely, T-Man

2.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but odd, March 16, 2014
I am giving this two stars.
Everything arrived and appears to be in working order but it is not complete enough to rate higher given the expectations.

The issues I have with it
1) There are 4 bars that go across the Muslin backdrop. However, the Muslin's are only seemed to go over the bars on the short 6' side, meaning you have 10' hanging down. This covers 3 bars. You cannot add the 4th bar to turn the Muslin to the landscape view to get a 10' wide screen. So this seems a big waste. Why not seem the Muslin on two edges?

I plan on buying clips to attach the Muslin in the Landscape mode. But I think they should have considered this or included ways to attach.

2) the carybag is small. I could not re-fit everything back in once it had been out. You'll have to put the Muslins and maybe a couple of stands in a different bag. Why not make it just a bit bigger? They need to consider using this AFTER things are out of the packaging.

3) The cords on the lights are REALLY short. You'll need a few extension cards to add to the bag.

4.0 out of 5 stars All good except..., September 2, 2012
Everything with this order was perfect except one light did not work. I would have given 5 stars if both light bulbs worked upon delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product for begginers, July 12, 2013
I am a beginner photographer, and so far I love it. this is a very nice product!! I recommended. try it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Product, Non-existent Customer Service, April 24, 2014
I bought this product in order to take professional-looking photos of my newborn baby girl. It's not bad for the price, but there are a few issues. The backdrops are rather thin, so you can see through them pretty easily. I had to use clamps to hang all three up at the same time in order to fix this problem. Some of the parts on the stands are plastic and cheaply made, which is to be expected for something at this price. I had one of the lamp holders crack on me when I tightened it to the stand. I sent two emails to the address provided in the packaging to request a replacement lamp holder. I have yet to receive an answer, and it has been more than two weeks since my initial email. I'll be happy to change my rating for this product if/when the issue with the cracked lamp holder is resolved by the seller.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not happy, March 4, 2014
Pretty pissed about my purchase! Shipping was good and great and on time ! Got to opening it. Stands we're good so we're the cloths and umbrellas. But the light bulbs we're trashed cheap as hell. And the hot Lamps themselves one does not even have the off switch move from on to off it says on . And it blew the lights out of my house from trying to fix it. Pretty pissed I spent this much of crap that I got that dosnt work. And they won't do a return the lamps to replace them. If the companies fault it dosnt work anyways so you should replace it now I'm stuck with it and half to buy better lamps from cowboy studios. Next time you might wanna make sure the light switches can go from on to off properly cause it can cause a fire and that is a lawsuit. And you can blow out someone's house like mine! Run and tell that

5.0 out of 5 stars Size does matter, kinda., August 5, 2014
So the frame is not the best and the muslin is really thin. But the biggest issue is that the cross braces don't match the size of the fabric even close. With two poles its too wide. With three it doesn't cover the whole thing so you can clamp it to the poles. Either way, I was still shocked at the value of getting the lights and background for the price I paid and I would still recommend this kit.