Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fancierstudio Video and Photography Lighting Kit - 3 Muslin Backdrop Background Lighting Stand And Lighting Kit - (LS69BWG)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 29, 2012
Had a great experience with this kit. The light stands are sturdy, both bulbs worked, and the setup was simple and effortless. I was so thrilled that the kit came with a compact traveling bag to carry everything as well.

I would definitely recommend this product to any up-and-coming photographer looking to invest in a high-quality/low-price continuous lighting studio.
on November 30, 2012
I'm doing an event on NYE and wanted a photo backdrop. I found this and bought it. It comes with everything it says 2 umbrellas with light bulbs, stands, and the light switches, the upright stand, 3 backdrops (black, white, and green), and a case to carry it all in. The 3 backdrops are like the picture...smaller than the upright stand but you can always add a back drop to go on top so the material goes from end to end. I wish the cross bars were adjustable, however, it works for me still. One of the light switches did not work the metal inside was bent, but it just needed to be bent into place again. One umbrella has a very tiny rip not too noticeable so I kept it. Other than that I love it and would've given it 5 stars had I not had to deal with the switch or noticed the rip. I would recommend this product although I would suggest ordering ahead of time just in case you need to exchange anything.
on February 16, 2015
This is exactly what I needed to help my small photography business get off the ground even more! Great product! Very strong stands, and yes, as other reviewers stated, the backdrops are muslin and are very thin, just hang all three or a thicker material behind it and it's fine! I took some really nice Valentines Photographs of my children to test it out! I'm a very happy photographer right now! I did see a few complain about the light fixtures breaking on them, I think the case might be that they are over tighting the bulbs, don't, and you should be fine! I also read a few complain about everything not fitting back into the bag, I did not have this problem, everything fit back in just great! A very happy customer here!! I've attached some of the photographs I took using the black background.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on September 19, 2013
I couldn't believe how many things you get in this kit. There is so much included worth the price yes.
on March 16, 2014
I am giving this two stars.
Everything arrived and appears to be in working order but it is not complete enough to rate higher given the expectations.

The issues I have with it
1) There are 4 bars that go across the Muslin backdrop. However, the Muslin's are only seemed to go over the bars on the short 6' side, meaning you have 10' hanging down. This covers 3 bars. You cannot add the 4th bar to turn the Muslin to the landscape view to get a 10' wide screen. So this seems a big waste. Why not seem the Muslin on two edges?

I plan on buying clips to attach the Muslin in the Landscape mode. But I think they should have considered this or included ways to attach.

2) the carybag is small. I could not re-fit everything back in once it had been out. You'll have to put the Muslins and maybe a couple of stands in a different bag. Why not make it just a bit bigger? They need to consider using this AFTER things are out of the packaging.

3) The cords on the lights are REALLY short. You'll need a few extension cards to add to the bag.
on April 8, 2014
I have used this product twice.

The backdrops (green, white, and black) are so thin (extremely low thread count) that you can easily see thru the fabric. Problem: There will be other images like furniture, lights, people and walls showing up behind your subject after you have taken the photos. When I hung up the backdrop It was so embarrassing. The reason you use a back drop is to isolate whoever or whatever your taking photos of. The backdrops in this Fancierstudio Lighting kit are a complete and total failure because of that.

The zipper carry bag that is provided is also of the poorest quality. Problem: The zipper broke on my first event and I could not close the bag. The metal zipper head destroys the soft plastic zipper tracks (metal zipper head won't move). On my second event, the bag busted under its own weight. Problem: The carry bag could not support the weight of the items that it is meant to carry. The seams at the end of the bag tear open under stress.

The other parts of this Fancierstudio Lighting Kit are fair quality, meaning that at least they function and perform their intended purpose (the lights, tripod stands, and umbrella light diffusers). However, when I compare this kit with my co-worker's kit...I regret that I purchased this one. I cannot use the backdrops at all and of course the carry bag is busted.

Sincerely, T-Man
on July 12, 2013
I am a beginner photographer, and so far I love it. this is a very nice product!! I recommended. try it!
on August 5, 2014
So the frame is not the best and the muslin is really thin. But the biggest issue is that the cross braces don't match the size of the fabric even close. With two poles its too wide. With three it doesn't cover the whole thing so you can clamp it to the poles. Either way, I was still shocked at the value of getting the lights and background for the price I paid and I would still recommend this kit.
on April 23, 2015
I recently bought this 3 days ago and used it to shoot 38 headshots and a group photo for a university. The images came out fantastic!! I was amazed that the light quality was excellent and the light stands were sturdy without sandbags to fasten it. I bought a used kit but it was greatly taken cared of. I wanted an easy portable light kit and this is perfect very light weight and cost effective. Backgroynd stand is great, Muslim is thin in black but just double it up and youll be fine for headshots.
I've been doing photography for 12 years I've used it all from expensive to cheap and this is a good buy!! Highly recommend for all levels of photography.
on April 25, 2014
If you are on a tight budget or if you are student and just starting out, like me, this is for you. If you are a professional looking for a lighting kit and backdrop, spend the money and get something better...lots better.
First off, the backdrop stand is very light and a bit questionable if it can hold the weight of the green screen. They are a bit difficult to work with. If you want something portable for on location shooting this is kit isn't for you. It took me about 10 mins to put up, and if there is any sort of breeze it would blow right over, even with sandbags. The light stand themselves are light, but solid. Overall a good light for what you pay for. The CFL light is a very bright white light, great for any beginner. I am a bit upset that one of the lights didn't work! What's a studio kit without working lights!? Now for the screens themselves. They have a space at the top for the bar on the stand to go through, however if you don't want to take the whole thing apart just to change the screen I suggest getting some clamps. The screens are again light and semi translucent. I put the black screen behind the green screen to fix this. The best thing about this kit is the bag. It is very nice and fits the kit plus a few extra things I needed a bag for.

Over all it is a decent kit for the money if you on a tight budget. Professionals should stay away from this one.