Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on January 26, 2011
In choosing a bracket I had three things in mind: fluid articulation, easy to adjust, and won't kill the pocketbook. Unfortunately this bracket only met the latter of the three. The materials used for this bracket are of quite decent quality given the price. Strong plastic wing-nut knobs that are easy to turn, combined with black aluminum body. The cold shoe platform is large and stable, but much longer than necessary. It's also permanently bolted to the rest of the bracket and provides no lateral swivel like in most brackets. The wing-nut knobs are easy to tighten and loosen. Yet the articulation of the whole unit is ratcheted, which is precisely not what I wanted (I already have two ratcheted brackets and they're annoying). This means articulation is not fluid and limited to the manufacturer's predefined angles. The lack of lateral swivel combined with ratcheting severely cut into the good points of this bracket for me, and overall it's not an ideal tool.
55 comments54 of 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 29, 2012
You get what you pay for. The plastic stripped for me after less than two months. I will be replacing this now with something more durable.
22 comments21 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 6, 2013
I used mine 2 times and it broke, during a job! Luckily I had a mini stand and was able to use the flash without the umbrella! Wast of money and time!
on March 6, 2012
This flash shoe holder looked good in the pictures and the price was right ($7.95) but... you know the old saying , "you get what you pay for". The quality was awful. The small screw that holds the umbrella shaft in place is in plastic and on both of the units I bought the threads were already stripped and will not hold. Useless piece of junk. Do not buy this. It will not work for the intended purpose and is a waste of money. Pay a little more for a well designed product.
0Comment15 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 24, 2013
Looks like any other Flash Shoe Holder. Can't tell it from any other.

Broke on first use while tightening to stand.

Try another from someone else.
on October 1, 2012
Really bad quality, what would you expect for less than $10?... but really doesn't work at all, really cheap, breaks easily and don't hold flash.
Don't buy it!!!
22 comments7 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 15, 2011
Lower portion of bracket is made of plastic. Not what I expected, but this is a low cost item so I was not totally surprised. The top part, the clamp, is made of some sort of metal, and works well enough. Also wide enough to put a flash and a radio trigger in clamp at same time. Part that holds umbrella shaft is sort of flimsy, and would probably be a problem with a large umbrella.

I know this may sound like a negative review, but it is not. This is an inexpensive item. I own a much better clamp, but it cost a little over twice as much. So, for the money, this is a fair deal and although it is not perfect, it does work.
on July 26, 2014
Great price, but its all plastic and that just isnt my thing. Im not into plastic for the functional purpose that the threaded grooves can easily be stripped on the body if the metal screws are twisted improperly. It has not happened so far which just keeps me having to slow down and be cautious with my treatment of the bracket. On the flip side its light weight.
on October 5, 2012
The most disappointing thing about this adapter is that the top clamp doesn't screw down tight enough to hold the hotshoe of YN radio trigger -- I had to add a a layer of electrical tape to get it snug. I figured a hotshoe was a hotshoe. They'll work for a little while I guess, but it doesn't feel near as sturdy as the cheapest adapters I've bought from camera stores.
11 comment4 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 4, 2014
I was surprised to find that there is a great quality for such a low price. Most parts are metal with some that are hard plastic. There is a tab the holds the umbrella pole in place as well as a set screw. The tab is a little stiff at first, so getting the umbrella in took a little force, but now it goes in a little smother. The track for the flash also widens to get the flash or trigger in place and then has a thumb screw to tighten the track. I'd still recommend using the mechanism on the flash or trigger to clamp it down. My one flash is a Canon 580EX Ii, which has a rubber stopper on the back, so it wouldn't slide on the track but did still fit. I'm using triggers so that wasn't an issue, but if mounting that type directly to the track, be careful as it could fall off. The tilt portion has notches so it won't tilt without loosening the joint, which I like. They fit well onto the top of my Smith-Victor Raven light stands. The set screw for the light stand mount also made the whole thing secure. I don't plan on raising these above 8', but I think they'd do well if you're planning on using for weddings or other larger venues for strobist work or bouncing. Overall, I think it's a great product at a great price. Exactly what I was looking for.