Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 77 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on February 7, 2012
If you are a fan of any of the books, you will love to add this to your collection! I own all the hardcover books (how can I not? my name is Nancy!) and this one just arrived this morning. The colors, illustrations and dust jacket are beautiful, as usual. I was a little curious about the title, but it ends up being one of (if not my most) favorite of the whole series. Nancy is her usual self and obsessed with her current life situation -- dance class -- and is thrilled that they will be performing a ballet. She is ready to be the star, but her and her friend Bree end up being supporting roles (a tree and an oyster). They are sad, but decide to be happy about it and enjoy fancy-fying their roles. It ends up Bree gets to be a Mermaid and I am just in love with how Nancy decides to deal with the situation. It is a great story of friendship and love that I want to read to my daughter over and over! You'll love it, I 100% promise!
on April 14, 2012
My daughter received this book as a gift for her 3rd birthday and she LOVES it! When I saw how many pages & words were in the book, I was concerned that my just-turned-3-year-old would not have the attention span to sit through it, but she did and hung on to every word!

The book teaches new vocabulary and also has a great life lesson weaved in. This is one of our favorite books now and I plan to buy more Fancy Nancy books as a result.
VINE VOICEon February 9, 2012
Fancy Nancy and her friends are back. In this installment Nancy and her dance class are preforming a mermaid ballet. Nancy is not proud of the role that she is given. Her friends and family teach her that there are no small parts! She learns the meaning of teamwork!

The cover caught my girls, ages 5 and 7, eyes right away! It's full of sparkly glitter ! If you are a Fancy Nancy fan this book is a must read!
VINE VOICEon February 19, 2012
With a young daughter named Nancy, we obviously have a lot of Fancy Nancy titles on the shelf. All of them are good, but some of them are better than others. This newest one is one of the better ones.

This time around, I particularly like the lesson it teaches. It's an obvious one, but it fits well in the story that is told. Here, Nancy becomes jealous when her best friend, Bree, gets a part in the ballet recital that Nancy really wants. Along the way, we get to see Nancy's love of ballet and everything fancy (of course).

In the end, as expected, everything works out well. Nancy and Bree are friends forever and there is a celebratory dinner at the King's Crown. It's much of what's best in a Fancy Nancy story.
on December 29, 2013
My 6 year old daughter is a HUGE Fancy Nancy fan, ever since she received her first Fancy Nancy book as a gift at the age of 2. Now we have over a dozen Fancy Nancy books, and every time she finds a new one, she has to have it! LOL This story, "Fancy Nancy and the Mermaid Ballet" is a particular favorite of my daughter's because she loves ballet. I have to confess that, I too enjoy the Fancy Nancy stories. This one encompasses a lesson for the little ones on how to deal with disappointment. It came in quite handy when my daughter suffered her first real disappointment this month when she didn't get a part in her school play, while her two best friends did. I reminded her of this FN story, and we re-read it together (she felt much better after we were done.) I highly recommend this book, and indeed all the Fancy Nancy books. The story is fresh, enjoyable, and includes a life lesson for the little ones (one even us adults can benefit from), plus it is beautifully illustrated!
on April 1, 2014
Great book. We've had it a month and I've read it more times than I can stand to admit. My daughter loves Fancy Nancy, she loves Mermaids, and she loves Ballet. What's not to like.

- Happy Dad
VINE VOICEon February 15, 2012
My five-year old is a fancy girl herself, and we have all the books. This has to be one of the best yet. And there is a line in here that makes us laugh every time, one you would never expect Nancy to utter. "Say what?" You won't be disappointed. It also teaches a good lesson about jealousy and friendship, and the cover is simply beautiful!
on May 16, 2013
My Niece is taking ballet classes. So, when I saw this book on Amazon online I said, "what does the pictures look like?" When I found out and read only a fraction of the story - I knew this is the story for my niece. It turns out my niece was excited as well.
on April 18, 2012
My granddaughter is in love with Fancy Nancy. When I ordered the first one for her she loved it and on the inside cover of book listed more Fancy Nancy book titles. She told me she wanted all of them!!!! When I ordered through amazon.com they notify me when a new Fancy Nancy is released. The mermaid one she got for Easter. Where're anxiously waiting for the next one.
on August 1, 2012
**Originally posted on Libby Blog**
When Madame Lucille announces that they will be performing a ballet called Deep-sea Dances, Fancy Nancy and Bree can't wait to be the lead mermaids! Unfortunately, they are assigned to be a tree and an oyster. After a lovely tea party where they talk about how wonderful each will be in their parts, Fancy Nancy is disappointed once again when the star mermaid gets injured and Bree is selected to take her place instead of her. As Nancy struggles with jealously and trying to overcome it, we are treated to gorgeous and glamorous outfit after outfit as usual!

My 5-year-old's thoughts: I loved Fancy Nancy and her friend when they played mermaid and her little sister poured water on the top of the lagoon. I liked their little playhouse and loved the Fancy Nancy dresses. And I liked her friend too. It was awesome when she bowed down to the dance teacher and I loved the little peace sign on the other girl's dress. I like the girl with the braids in and the purple suit with a bow in her hair. I loved when they played tea party with the French words. I love it when she swoops and swirls everywhere. I didn't like when the girl sprained her ankle. I also didn't like it when Fancy Nancy's friend got to be the mermaid and not Fancy Nancy. That was kind of mean. I didn't like it when she shoved her costume in behind the closet! I loved the show! And I liked when they hugged at the end. That's all.

My thoughts: This was such a delightful story with Fancy Nancy which not only includes all that you would expect from Nancy but also a great life lesson too! Jealously is such a tough issue for young children and even adults to deal with. After some sound advice from her mother, Fancy Nancy pulls it off gracefully and admiringly. Plus, she does it in true Fancy Nancy style! Wait until you see her on stage in her Weeping Willow costume! WOW!