Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

Fanfiction Better Than Breaking Dawn

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 78 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 28, 2011 10:21:50 AM PDT
legacy_man says:
After finishing Breaking Dawn, how many people have wished they had read something better? One thing people do is to reach for some fanfiction, in the hope of rinsing the horrid taste of BD out of their mouths. But there is a vast array of fanfic out there, and it's easy to find some that are as bad or worse than BD.

So if you've come across a fanfic you feel is better than BD, lets hear it! It can be a rewrite, an alternative universe, whatever. As long as you think it was better than BD, let people know! If you have the following info, that may be helpful for your fellow readers recovering from BD, but not critical. As long as people can find it:

Title:
URL:
Rating: (K, T, M, etc.)
Pairing: (Bella/Edward, Bella/Jacob, etc.)
Summary:

Posted on Oct 28, 2011 10:32:14 AM PDT
legacy_man says:
I'll go first:

Title: The Decision
URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6797418/1/The_Decision
Rating: M
Pairing: Bella/Edward
Summary: Edward decides to leave after the second biology lesson. That decision is challenged several years later.

Posted on Nov 1, 2011 1:57:48 PM PDT
legacy_man says:
Here's one recommended by Rosmaria Menna:

Title: Breathe Again
URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4650839/1/Breathe_Again
Pairing: Bella/Jacob
Summary: If Alice hadn't seen Bella cliff-dive, what would have happened? Would Bella have given in to her feelings for Jacob? Was she even capable of moving on? Victoria's hunting, Edward's coming back-and that's just the beginning!

Posted on Nov 27, 2011 2:16:27 PM PST
RA says:
Unfortunately this isn't finished, and it's been a few months since it's been updated so I'm not sure it will be finished. But I really like where she takes this story. Everybody seems to grow up and learn the truth about love and life. Much better than Breaking Dawn. Let me know what you think, if you get the chance to read it.
Title: Waning Moon
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5988610/1/
Rating: T
Pairing: Bella/Jacob - although a new character is introduce who I like much better than Bella.
Summary:This is the story of what could have been and might still be. It picks up precisely at the end of Eclipse. How do you choose between two good things? Rated T for language and eventual sexual scenes. All Canon with a slightly gradual AU. Bella grows up!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2011 5:00:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2011 8:01:11 AM PST
I've read Waning Moon, and become on-line friends with the author. She promised another chapter soon. It is a very good fanfic..Another one that I've recommended to everyone is "Breathe Again" by Ysar. This one picks up after Bella is rescued by Jacob in the water. Alice never sees Bella jump off the cliff, so she doesn't come back. There is no trip to Italy to save Edward. Once you start reading this fanfiction, you cannot stop. So far, it is 76 chapters long. The author is working on final chapter and then a sequel where Edward will come back on his own. The writing is much better than SM's, and the characters jump off the page. Both these fics are great!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2011 5:01:34 PM PST
Sorry, Legacy. I responded to e-mail before seeing you posted this. I can't say enough good things about this fanfic.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2011 10:31:23 AM PST
legacy_man says:
No worries. The more the merrier! :-)

Posted on Nov 28, 2011 10:37:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2011 10:38:24 AM PST
legacy_man says:
Here is a fic about Edward meeting a Bella who is blind. This is an English translation. The original is in French, but the English version is so good, it makes me wish I read French!

Title: The Eyes of the Moon
Author: eiluned price
URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7396308/1/
Summary: Sometimes one thing changes everything. When Edward encounters Bella in biology class, that one thing sends their destinies spinning in a different direction. A translation of "Les Yeux de la Lune," by Elysabeth.

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 12:56:06 AM PST
legacy_man says:
Now, here is a fic that picks up at the end of Eclipse and continues. A bit more mature material, but also far more emotional honesty than was found in BD, and they TALK to each other!

Title: Resurrection
Author: TwilightMomofTwo
URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5443190/1/
Summary: Without Bella's love, I can merely exist. Now that I've lost her, I am bound to wander this earth, alone and unchanging for eternity. - Edward, attempting to be noble, leaves again after the Night of Tears. Will Bella crumble or run after him? Eclipse/AU

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2011 3:47:15 AM PST
RA says:
Thanks for the tip on Breathe Again. I've read about 20 chapters, and it is addictive. I have to say though, even in this story, Bella treats Jacob like crap. She throws herself at him then gets pissed off that he's moving too fast. She believes the rumors spread by a girl she knows is a liar. WTH??? He just needs to find somebody better!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2011 6:07:48 AM PST
RA...It gets better for Jacob as you get further into the book. I agree that here, too, Bella is giving Jacob mixed messages. However, I think it is out of fear that she will be hurt again. Bella almost lost it completely when Edward left. I think it makes sense that she would be gun shy. She is finally admitting to herself that her feelings for Jacob go beyond friendship. Once she does that, the fear sets in. She doesn't think she can withstand the pain of losing two guys she loves. Bella is stronger than she knows. In this book, you actually see her grow without the help of vampirism! lol

Posted on Dec 22, 2011 7:44:20 AM PST
I hope everyone who was less than thrilled with BD will check out "Waning Moon" by Joanne Swift and "Breathe Again" by Ysar on FanFiction.net. These are two fantastic fan fictions! lol

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2011 12:34:55 PM PST
legacy_man says:
Good rec. And more JxB fics are welcome. I've found after writing my own fic, I've become somewhat of an Edward shipper, so if left up to me, this thread would end up only having ExB fic recs. :-)

Posted on Dec 22, 2011 12:43:13 PM PST
legacy_man says:
Speaking of which, here is the Breaking Dawn re-write I did:

Title: Cygnus Rising
Author: rel8tivity
URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7311543/1
Pairing: Edward/Bella
Summary: What might have happened if Meyer stuck to her rules and characterization. What really happened at Isle Esme, and how that changed the lives of Edward and Bella.

Posted on Dec 22, 2011 2:11:30 PM PST
I'll definitely check it out, Legacy. Happy Holidays!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2011 12:03:34 PM PST
RA says:
I finally got a chance to read your story. I really like it. The plot and characterizations stay true to the first three books. I can see that the decisions Bella makes are much more complicated and she is actually having to pay a price for her life with Edward. I think there are a lot of Twilight fans that would be disturbed that this isn't the squeky clean fairy tale Meyers created (and I do believe that most fans ignore the inconsistencies and questionable morals of Breaking Dawn and swallow it as an ideal ending), but I'm finding it a compelling read.

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 3:23:00 PM PST
Cory says:
lol... what meyers wrote wasnt a squeaky clean fairy tale ending...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2011 4:22:09 PM PST
I agree with you, Cory. No one lives "happily ever after" in BD!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2011 7:31:57 AM PST
RA says:
I agree, but its seems like most fans do believe its a happily ever after. At some point in Breaking
Dawn Bella says something like she thought she had been living in a horror story for the last two years, but now she realizes she is living in a fairy tale. I think we agree that the first three actually seemed like a fairy tale (as long as you ignore the red lights indicating that things are not as good as them seem) the third one reads like a horror story, except that all the characters actually believe the "horror" is good. It's very strange. I've been an avid reader my whole life and can't think of another work that presents so many distrurbing things as positives. What's even weirder is that so many people buy it hook, line and sinker.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2011 10:15:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 30, 2011 10:22:05 AM PST
legacy_man says:
RA: Thanks for the kind words. I did my best to proceed as if SMeyer hadn't lost her mind and wrote BD from scratch, rather than pushing out what she threw down in Forever Dawn. The least I could do was try to follow the rules and the characterization, and have the characters deal with the consequences of their actions. Very unfortunate that SM didn't see where she had gone, in trying to do a fairy tale ending. If she wanted a fairy tale, she shouldn't have waited until the 4th book to start writing it.

I haven't been able to update in a while, because my editor and I have been making rather slow progress working through the chapters. However, just want you to know that the story IS completed, and it will get posted slowly but surely. Hope you enjoy the ride, because my editor has helped me make significant improvements to my first draft.

Posted on Dec 30, 2011 10:44:10 AM PST
Legacy...I don't usually read Bella/Edward fiction, but I may make an exception since you wrote it. I'm sure it is great.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2011 10:46:33 AM PST
I forgot to add that I commend you for putting hard work into your story. I write (as much as I can) and know it is not easy finding the time. I work two jobs, so it is almost impossible for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2011 12:05:23 PM PST
legacy_man says:
Thanks Rosmaria, I know you prefer Bella/Jacob fic, so thanks for giving an Edward shipper a chance. :-) And I don't know if I'd call it great, but if it makes more sense than BD, I'd be satisfied.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2011 5:11:57 PM PST
Hello Legacy. I just read 9 chapters (all that I see so far). I hope I'm in the right place! lol So far, I enjoyed it (as much as I can enjoy a Bella/Edward fanfic! lol). It makes sense. Much better than BD.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2011 6:04:45 AM PST
I think she also said she was born to be a vampire?!! WTH?!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  78
Initial post:  Oct 28, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Breaking Dawn Special Edition (The Twilight Saga)
Breaking Dawn Special Edition (The Twilight Saga) by Stephenie Meyer (Hardcover - August 4, 2009)
3.8 out of 5 stars (6,976)