5.0 out of 5 stars Fanning the Spark and Not Getting Burned, May 21, 2009
William H. Sledge "WillieBo" (New Haven, CT United States) - See all my reviews
This is a wonderful reminescence providing an intimate glimpse into a talented and persistant mind at work creating/writing and intenting and reinventing the self throuh the her involvment with her world. I should disclose up front that Mary Ward Brown is a friend of mine who goes way back in her connections to my family. No doubt those relationships influence some of how I feel about this work, but I believe that our history is independent of my valuation of this slim volume's insight into how a talented mine regards her work and goes about creating it. It is intensely self-revelatory without falling into the maudling sentimentality of a self absorbed person. She is a profound observer and she observes herself with the same honest, genuine ferocity that she turns of others.

4.0 out of 5 stars wonderful truth teller, October 2, 2013
Mary Ward brown's greatest enemy was clearly she herself and her drive for perfection. She wrote such wonderful stories but wished to write more, as her readers sorely wish as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Alabama gem, August 11, 2013
Interesting and beautifully written book; I recommend this book to anyone wanting to know more about the life of a naturally talented author

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful story!, July 5, 2013
This review is from: Fanning the Spark: A Memoir (Hardcover)
Mary Ward Brown is a wonderful writer, and her life story is an inspiration to anyone who lives an ordinary, domestic life and still finds time to be creative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, July 3, 2013
Holley Dunigan (Maxwell AFB, AL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fanning the Spark: A Memoir (Hardcover)
She will be missed, I loved reading her books and this tells how she lived her life and where she grew up.

ARRAY(0xd818b554)

Fanning the Spark: A Memoir
Fanning the Spark: A Memoir by Mary Ward Brown (Hardcover - January 28, 2009)
$24.95 $9.98