Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Gifts Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now Tikes

Color: Housing OnlyChange

on January 30, 2014
Take Your Canon G16 without fear to places where you would ordinarily risk serious damage to your somewhat expensive camera. It's not just for use under water but would be great at that also. This housing gives you complete control of all the buttons on the back and top of your G16 unlike the limited control of Canon's own housing. You can even manipulate all menu settings with ease. I used this housing fishing 15 miles out in the Gulf with Captain Marvel out of Naples, FL. Also on several beaches in the Naples area and on a canoe trip through the mangrove estuary at Barefoot Beach Park in Bonita Springs. The photos are beautiful with no distortion or color shift from the housing and I could always select exactly the settings I wanted and even review and delete unwanted photos with ease all while paddling a canoe. With the housing on, the camera puts a fair amount of strain on your neck (you can use the strap that comes with the G16). So I strongly recommend you purchase a Leupold Quick Release Binocular Harness 55895 currently for only $16.50 listed on I have one for my binoculars and one for this housing. The shoulder harness distributes the weight in such a way that heavy devices feel feather light and it also keeps them centered on your chest so they don't swing around to bang on you and everything around you. Just lift and shoot.
on November 13, 2014
Have owned this camera case for a few months now. Have taken it to 100ft or so. No leaks, seals are in good condition and the package comes with a spare seal and additional grease.

It appears very similar to the OEM waterproof case, but it adds a few extra things (fiber optic flash cover, side cover lock, extra seal, flash lock, and hand strap).

The electronic moisture sensor is gimmicky (if it's going off, the camera is ruined anyway).

Other than a casting line that looks like a crack, the unit works well and I'm satisfied with it so far.

I will update this review as I continue to use it and put it through it's paces.

Next up: Using the case with an external wet fisheye lens and possibly an external strobe/fill light.

Stay tuned!
on August 2, 2015
I have now been using this housing for five weeks in The Bahamas for geologic research. I did a couple of test dives with it before I began field work here, and felt that it would hold up nicely. Since I have been here, I have had almost no problems with it at all. It is very rugged and durable. The shape of the case makes for very comfortable photo taking and holding of the camera. I don't feel that you could accidentally open the housing underwater either. Of the many dives it has accompanied me on, only once has it had an issue. Carbonate sand sticks to everything and is nearly impossible to completely remove from objects. Some sand (by my own fault) did get into the housing and in between the o-rings. This lead to a very minor leak in the seal. The housing immediately set off its internal alarm and notified me of the problem. No damage was done to the camera! If you take proper care of the o-rings and clean them regularly and use common sense about when to open and when not to open the housing, then you should have no problems at all. The maximum I have taken this product to is 100' at Blue Grotto. Again, it had no issues. I have also used the red filter a few times now for recreational dives, and it works perfectly. Attached are some photos using the filter at 80' on a wall dive at Bamboo Point, San Salvador, Bahamas.
review image review image
on October 18, 2014
The case fits the camera perfectly, is easy to handle, has buttons for all the camera controls, unlike the Canon case, which does not. It is fairly easy to hold, and connected to external flash without any problems with optic cables working well. I used it for snorkeling and scuba diving, and the photos are amazing.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2015
Bought this housing (and separately the Canon G16) to replace my old G10 that had broken. I previously had the Canon housing for the G10. I decided to go ahead and spend the extra money on the Fantasea housing after reading a number of reviews about the Canon housing for the G16 that indicated people were having camera floods (I also had a friend who had a catastrophic flood with the Canon housing and lost her G16). Just spent 5 days diving with this housing and it performed perfectly. No leaks and all buttons accessible and easy to use. I would definitely recommend it based on my experience.
on August 20, 2015
Very good, used up to 110 ft thus far, no leaks. All controls seem to work well. A bit difficult to open and close at times but otherwise perfect. I have not yet attached a strobe so cannot comment on that. I did attach an old case weight to help keep it down which the TSA actually considered confiscating for some odd reason.
on July 21, 2015
Although I received this a little later than originally promised I tried it out down to 33M in July15 and was please on how it operated. The red filter makes all the difference when taking pictures.
on August 4, 2015
Very good value for money. Easy to use buttons even in max depth. The only negative part, not easy to take of o-rings and clean them...
on June 19, 2015
The housing is great / convenient to use. The lens and the filter are a little inconvenient to use underwater
on June 14, 2015
Met all expectations-red filter was the better of the two lenses for me.