Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Nintendo Digital Games Outdoor Deals on HTL

The Fantasizing About Future Installments Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 14, 2010 12:00:23 PM PST
In this thread, we touch ourselves over thoughts of how awesome it would be if future Assassin's Creed games filled the niche of our choosing.

Describe the geography, time period, characters, game play and plot details that you would enjoy playing in the style of Assassin's Creed.

Posted on Nov 14, 2010 1:40:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2010 1:41:10 PM PST
I would love to play a samurai and ninja version of Assassin's Creed, possibly within the generations preceding and leading up to the Meiji Restoration.

Geographically, this game would probably feature a lot more rural outposts and fewer big cities, although I highly look forward to climbing and running around on some of the imposing samurai castle fortresses. It would be cool to be able to play as both samurai and ninja, as both parties certainly have plenty of historically relevant secrets. The fact that it was often fairly ambiguous as to whether samurai and ninja were working for or against each other would only add to the game's appeal. I would hope that they have the insight to not dress the ninjas in the stereotypical black everything in open fields in broad daylight. Consequently, changing uniforms to mimic civilians and opponents would be a central part of the stealth related game play. It would also be cool to play as a Ronin in a choose-your-own-adventure style battle in which you decide whether to ally yourself with the shogun or the emperor, or infiltrate both sides as a mercenary.

The shear number of weapons and combat options that could be included in this game is almost overwhelming. The samurai of course would have the katana / wakizashi combo, yumi bow, naginata, yari, bo staff and heavily reinforced armor. Ninja would have pretty much any weapon under the sun, but I'm particularly enthusiastic about performing stealth kills with a kusarigama or kyoketsu-shoge, dropping caltrops to slow pursuers, setting off smoke bombs in crowded rooms, poisoning opponents with blow darts and (new to this game) hiding bodies in trees! ...and all while dressed in the same costumes that they are :-D

EDIT: I forgot to include a weapons reference:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2010 11:10:11 AM PST
P. Aluise says:
I always thought ancient Egypt would be fun.... or NYC

Posted on Nov 15, 2010 2:31:26 PM PST
It can't really be set in Japan with ninjas if the game continues desmond`s story, as it is a bit of a stretch to say he is also related to Japanese ninjas. I think old London would be awesome. Maybe victorian London. Wouldn't it be cool to climb on top of the half-constructed Big-Ben, assassinate corrupt government officials in the houses of parliament. OOOHHH AWESOME IDEA! YOU GET COMMISSIONED WITH FINDING AND ASSASSINATING JACK THE RIPPER, WHO WAS LIKELY A MEMBER OF THE STONE MASONS, A BRANCH OF THE TEMPLARS!!! Ubisoft, pay attention.

Posted on Nov 15, 2010 3:12:21 PM PST
I think the next one will finish off the story and focus more on Desmond stopping the sun from incinerating the planet.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2010 1:06:26 AM PST
Ann G. Aluise - "I always thought ancient Egypt would be fun.... or NYC"

Ancient Egypt would be a LOT of fun, but I'm not so sure about NYC. I think Ubisoft said one of their goals for the series was to cover settings that were more or less neglected by video games so far. Pyramids and mummies have definitely been seen in video games before, but an authentic reconstruction of Egypt is definitely not something I've seen. As for NYC, we have plenty of games like GTA already.

Mr. P. Thomas - "It can't really be set in Japan with ninjas if the game continues desmond`s story, as it is a bit of a stretch to say he is also related to Japanese ninjas."

It doesn't necessarily have to be part of the Desmond series. If you recall the statues in the basement of the villa in AS2, there are assassins memorialized from all over the eastern hemisphere. In fact, one of them is a woman who killed Cleopatra with an asp, so the Egypt thing would definitely tie in pretty well with the story that Ubisoft has already developed. I don't remember any from Japan, but there was a Mongolian guy with a bow and a Chinese guy who killed the first emperor of China, if I remember correctly. All of those sound like great games to me.

Richard Hagen - "I think the next one will finish off the story and focus more on Desmond stopping the sun from incinerating the planet."

Assassin's Creed: Revenge of the Fallen

Posted on Dec 31, 2010 12:18:49 PM PST
I was watching something on the History Channel last night about the true Caribbean pirates and kept thinking about how awesome the triangle trade rought would be for an Assassin's Creed game. You could play as an African warrior who is enslaved and transported on a slave ship to the West Indies only to break free and stage a revolt against the ship's crew only to be conquered again immediately afterward because the ship is already near port. Then all the slaves are separated and moved to different facilities, but you break free again, join a gang of pirates and start looting European ships and fortresses.

Posted on Feb 26, 2011 9:04:02 PM PST
nir085 says:
I would like to fight the sunni muslims and the mongols, just like the real nizari ismailis did.

Posted on Feb 26, 2011 11:19:34 PM PST
I'd say that the next game HAS to be set in the Roman Empire. It's such a perfect era for the series in my opinion and has so much historical and cultural significance to be a vast and extraordinary game.

Posted on Mar 3, 2011 11:35:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 3, 2011 11:35:55 AM PST
Ace Man III says:
Ac is such an awesome series the parashute in brotherhood was my favorite . I think they should continue with desmonds story and the next ac should take us to Paris or London in the ancient times..geographically jaw dropping and picturesque to boot!

Posted on Mar 4, 2011 8:13:53 AM PST
**Possible Spoilers about ACII**
I think that the symbols on the map at the Villa in ACII illustrate the locations of ACIII. I think it will be a race around the world against the Templars to find the pieces of Eden. I'm betting that once you have all of the pieces, you'll have to use some device in a pyramid(Aztec or Egyptian) to stop the impending disaster. I am interested in finding out what they are going to do with the "chosen one" thing. Love the dual story of Assassins Creed.
**End Possible Spoilers**

I would like to see a game(s) where the decendants of those in the statues all must learn the skills and history of their ancestors. It'd have a prophecy about the ancestors of the chosen seven must come together to stop the goal of the Templars, or something like that. That would mean six individual games, and a seventh to finish off the story. Yeah, that'll probably never happen...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Nov 14, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 4, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about