Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

VINE VOICEon January 25, 2011
As another reviewer points out, this is a reprint/compilation of several other books, which appeared around 2000. But either I never saw these ten-year-old books, or I'm just getting old, since none of these puzzles seemed to be ones that I'd seen before. The puzzles here are good ones; not quite up to Rathvon and Cox, or Middleton, but moderately challenging (this is the same guy who does the Mensa series). Worth picking up if you're an acrostics addict.
on October 19, 2011
I'm currently addicted to Acrostic puzzles, and to have 100 of them in a spiral-bound book that are as good as these was a lucky find. I wish there were other volumes by the same puzzle-master. Don't hesitate!
on July 4, 2011
We are enjoying the Acrostics book from Amazon. We have purchased all of the Acrostics books sold by Amazon, and it is difficult to find a new one. Although one review claims that there are some old puzzles in this book, we either haven't done them or don't remember them because we are enjoying the challenge. Highly recommended.
on January 10, 2011
what a disappointment--these are old previously published puzzles.

how about some honesty in your descriptions?

we feel you should change your policy, or lose customers.
on August 10, 2011
Hey, I love this book! All the puzzles are new to me, and they are challenging without being too difficult. I take it with me on trips, and layin' outside by the pool. I used to buy variety puzzle magazines just for the acrostics, now I have just my favorite puzzles! This book will last me for a while...so glad I got it!
on November 7, 2011
Each older person can keep their mental skills and abilities in daily challenge by working this acrostic puzzle. We are pleased to recommend this acrostic puzzle. MLC and GDC
on March 20, 2013
I received this book as a Christmas gift and quickly became obsessed with solving all the puzzles. It took me about a month, but I did it!

The spiral binding is a nice touch, huge improvement over the average puzzle magazine from the drugstore or whatnot. Also, the paper is very smooth and feels good to write on, if such things matter to you. The puzzles themselves were challenging enough to really work my brain, without being impossible.
on July 15, 2011
Unless you wallowed in what passes for popular music of the 70s to 90s you will find most of the clues absurdities with only infrequent cleverness. I usually find that if I can decipher 5 or 6 of the clues, I can eventually solve the quote without "cheating" by checking answers in the back or by searching other sources. About half the time, the clueless clues are too obscure to get that start. Some acrostics in other books are too easy, some too hard, but many in this collection are so unaware of the variety of solvers' likely knowledge as to make half of them useless. Try a different collection.
on December 15, 2012
Acrostic puzzles are much more fund than standard crosswords. This collection is much appreciated because acrostic collections are becoming increasingly hard to find.
on December 5, 2012
The Issued Wife curled my toes. Susan Lewis is not only talented but extremely descriptive and romantic. Anyone with a loved one in the military or contemplating signing up should read this compilation of short stories, poems and history of one family's trials tribulations and ultimate victory. Too bad the victory appeared twenty years later.
I can't wait to read her next book.