Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Fantasy Baseball Black Book 2014 Edition
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on February 6, 2014
This is my first 'serious' year at playing Fantasy Baseball. I played ball at a high level and for me to join a league took a lot of prodding and pushing from fantasy players saying this game is perfect for me. My biggest issue is I'm very competitive and I play to win. But also know that there is more to drafting than just picking the big names and good players.

The Fantasy Black Book was brought to my attention from both the author and other 'tweeters' For the bargain price this book is stock full of pertinent information and proven strategies that I know will help me in my first year (I hope and plan to dominate). The author is very knowledgeable and the book is easy to understand and very entertaining. It will give you strategies to not only rank the players with the RPV 'formula' but also find the hidden gems in the later rounds of your draft.

I've been finding there are a lot of egos in the fantasy world, not much different than the real world, this book will give you the edge.

Read it...Nuff' said.
on March 9, 2014
The information given is very helpful when playing fantasy baseball. Joe really studies the game and players really well and he is easy to understand. Have read his book from last year and really enjoy the information given and would highly recommend his books
on January 16, 2014
I purchased this book last year and consumed within a day, it's a brilliant read!

I was hoping that there would be another 'Black Book' this year and have been checking Amazon for the past two/three weeks so to say I bought this book quickly (in the space of about 10 seconds) would be an understatement. Very happy to have purchased again.

This years version if possible is even better! It's a great read with fantastic advice once again and Joe's work on RPV or Relative Position Value is worth the price of purchase alone.

The draft strategy and player profiles are excellent as well. Now to try and sabotage the link to this page so no one else reads this book and I can keep it my secret.

Thanks Joe keep up the great work!
on January 23, 2014
I have no other words for this book but, pure genius. Each year the black book gives the best information and strategy you can get. I can honestly say without RPV that I would not being doing as good as I am in my leagues year after year. Joe knows his stuff and really helps both casual and hardcore fantasy players in all aspects of the game. I recommend this book for anybody who wants to win, plain and simple.
on January 30, 2014
This book gets better every year! The ideas that the author throws out there will totally transform the way that you think about your fantasy baseball draft. I have been playing fantasy baseball for more than 20 years, read a lot of publications and do a lot of research for my drafts. This book is the best draft prep I have ever read--hands down!
on February 18, 2014
This book helped me to quantify, what is an unquantifyable statistic in relative position value (RPV). Read the book to get your mind around it. If you are asking yourself on draft day, "should I draft this catcher who will put up lesser stats or should I draft this firstbaseman who will put up better stats" then this is the book for you. Thanks Joe for another quality update to your annual book.
on February 21, 2014
You can spend twice as much money for magazines that just give you the same stats over and over...but if you want to get a fresh perspective on how to make money off of your fantasy team, then this is your manual!

Don't draft like a fan...follow the guidance around RPV and you can make your draft day and waiver wire pickups smart and efficient.

Play Ball!
on February 16, 2014
If you're into Fantasy Baseball, this is a comprehensive book on how to win. I'm in a fantasy league with the author, Joe, and he's in the playoffs year after year. He doesn't put a strategy in this book unless he's tested in his team. This book won't disappoint!
on February 22, 2014
An absolute must have for fantasy baseball owners. Joe is an excellent writer full of innovation. RPV - Relative Position Value, is an extraordinary new tool for readers to use in their drafts. Each position is outlined in detail in its own separate chapter. Just a pleasure to read through and through.
on March 18, 2014
I'm joining a 10 team keeper league, replacing a member as the tenth team. The keeper rules say if you draft a player in the first round you're only allowed to keep him one year after. Being the newcomer I was given the first pick and drafted Trout. I'm at a disadvantage bc the other 9 teams got to keep the best players but I followed the draft strategy and was able to draft guys with high RPVs in later rounds. Hoping it pays off. Good luck to all and I will be buying next years version