Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fantasy Football For Dummies
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on January 7, 2008
If you are thinking about playing fantasy football or even if you played a little last year and want to improve those basic skills, get this book! It is a great introduction to fantasy football. It covers everything to get you started including where to play online and look online for information on players. Many of the tips are exactly what you need to draft, manage and improve your team for a winning season.

After reading Fantasy Football for Dummies, it is obvious that Martin Signore has played the game for many years and his love of the hobby shines through. Once again, the winning "dummies" format makes it easy. I am amazed at how much information he provides. Martin even discusses Auction leagues which many of todays FF books ignore. He hits all the right techniques and even includes some advanced draft strategies.

I usually find the "part of tens" pages in a dummies book tedious, but Martin has provided a great Top 10 list of mistakes to avoid and perhaps even more importantly ten fixes to make to your team after draft day. The draft is not the end but instead should be the starting point for a championship team. You should constantly try to improve your team through trades and/or the waiver wire. A great manager can always look back and point out a significant improvement during the season.

This is definitely the book of choice for anyone who wants an introduction to the greatest hobby of all time, Fantasy Football.

Sam Hendricks, author of "Fantasy Football Guidebook: Your Comprehensive Guide to Playing Fantasy Football" and "Fantasy Football Almanac"
on July 11, 2007
I have always been curious about just what is fantasy football, and have passed up a few opportunities to join in because I lacked the confidence to join a league. Martin Signore spells out all of the ins the outs the dos and the don'ts in a very easy and understandable way. I can't wait for the season to start and hone in my newfound skills!
on March 19, 2009
Well I can honestly say I knew nothing about fantasy football before and in the first chapter alone I learned sooo much. I didn't realize there was so many different ways to play either. The main things I didn't like was how disorganized the material was. If you know nothing about FF (like me) the book instructs you to skip around chapters and come back. I don't like doing that and I really didn't see why it couldn't be set up like a normal front to back read and just let the more advanced players be the ones who skip around. Another thing was when it came time to look into joining a public league that he suggested there was information I needed to know that he never discussed. That kind of makes me nervous. A lot of important stuff (worth remembering) got buried in useless info as well. I can always skim back through the book if I need to, unless I get stuck during the draft (this is what I'm nervous about) where I just wont have enough time.
on October 9, 2015
This book is the BEST. I am a new FF player (family league) and found this book to be the best of the many that I read. It leads you step by step towards mastery of a new sport. I continue to consult it and learn something new every time.
on February 23, 2016
As the three time league champion, I wanted to do something for the other managers in my league to help them be more competitive in the future. So I purchased Fantasy Football for Dummies and asked them to read it and then write a 1000 word essay on how I beat them in the most recent season. Then I would offer them feedback on how to tweak their strategy to not suck quite so hard. All in all, I recommend this book for anyone wanting to brush up on their fantasy football skills.
on November 25, 2014
As a female, not much of an expect in football, much less on Fantasy Football - this book was perfect. I decided to start my own league this year and this book provided me the info I needed to prepare to select my team as well as commission my own league. I would recommended it to all who want to learn how to get started on your first league/ team. My spouse who is an avid football fan, also found it to be useful in understanding the game better.
on July 28, 2013
Finding a lot of great information in this book. FF is quite a complicated game and reading this book explained many things I needed to know. Only gave it 4 stars because too much reference to different FF sites. Wanted to just know the best and smartest way to play and the book covered most of that.
on July 27, 2008
If like me you have never played Fantasy football before this book is a must.
It explains in clear easy to understand language the way to go about drafts, run your team etc.
Anyone who is playing on Yahoo will find it especially useful as it is written around the Yahoo format (other leagues are covered as well).
A good buy at the price & big help if you want to get maximum fun out of your 1st season.
on January 20, 2013
Exactly what we needed. Person who took last place in fantasy football got this as their prize. Apparently they needed to learn how to pick their team and make trades so they play better next year!!!!
on September 21, 2012
I am new to fantasy football this season. This dummies book was the right level for me. My only criticism is that Yahoo fantasy football is the site that the author favors in his discussion. To be fair, he does cover other sites, and the general information he gives is very valuable. Also, he is very upfront about this and so you know what is coming. Still, I learned a lot from the book and consider it well worth the money