Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

91%

on July 19, 2009
I ordered this and his F.F. 2009 Almanac at the same time. The Almanac came first. That's about all that can said in its favour. So I was more than a little suprised at the quality of this book. It's comprehensive, well-organized, professionally laid out, reads very easily, and in multiple aspects has advice that is a level beyond the titles that will come up in the "People Who Bought This Book Also Bought..." windows.

Let's face it, the fantasy football canon doesn't need another "it's a good idea to wait until late to pick your kicker" kind of book. This one covers the bases of types of leagues, types of scoring systems, and so forth in a couple of chapters, and then gets on to the main entree.

His chapter on ranking players tells some hard truths and gives the reader a solid foundation for doing (or not doing) his or her own research. The rest of the book deals thoroughly with the strategy and tactics involved in being in a league, from the draft through to trades, choosing your lineup, and other areas, in greater detail than is offered in any other source.

Really, the only other book that has anything useful beyond what's here is Zarzycki's "Drafting to Win". Zarzycki has a couple of good ideas in his book, as well as a whole lot of terrible ones, and it has to be recognized that he has the most highly evolved understanding of how strategies have to be fluid during the course of the draft. But Hendricks has summarized Zarzycki's positive contributions in a few pages, which is probably as much as any fantasy football player needs to see.

All in all, a great book, and a stunningly good bargain at $19.95.
on September 27, 2007
This book is excellent! I am new to fantasy football and I usually purchase a few books on any new subject, but not in this case. It is the only book I've needed to feel comfortable on all aspects of the game. Every phase is covered in great detail, and I was very prepared for the draft - more prepared than some of the old timers in our league. Now that the season has started I refer to it constantly and I'm doing great. It also covers advanced topics so I know I'll be using this book for many seasons to come - I highly recommend this book to anyone who is serious about learning and winning in fantasy football!
on November 20, 2008
This is a super book. Sam's simplified tiering system makes ranking players easy for the beginner or the veteran. There are techniques for getting the best team on draft day and tips to guide you through the entire season. An added bonus are the detailed descriptions on the types of leagues that are out there and how all the scoring systems work. Get and read this book and you can be a champion in any league!

JK
on September 14, 2008
If your one of those people that have been wondering what fantasy football is all about and have hesitated in taking the next step, this book has the whole package. From beginners to experts, it's all here.
My 13 year old son and I enjoy football weekends and wanted to learn how to play fantasy football. A close friend recommended we check out the Fantasy Football Guidebook by Sam Hendricks. WOW, this book sure made it easy. We got started last year by joining a league and this year my son set up our own league. We found the book to be an easy read and still reference it for tips and winning strategies. Learning to play FF with my son is one the best things we've done to strengthen our relationship and has significantly enhanced our enjoyment of professional football in general. If you plan or want to join the millions that play FF, this book is a must!
on July 11, 2008
Fantasy Football has been a major pastime for football fans and those who dream to be a coach. "Fantasy Football Guidebook: Your Comprehensive Guide to Playing Fantasy Football" is a complete and comprehensive strategy guide for those who have taken a liking to the game and want to get an edge on their opponents. Covering the history of the concept alongside the strategies, "Fantasy Football Guidebook: Your Comprehensive Guide to Playing Fantasy Football" is an ideal gift for any fantasy football player and recommended for community library sports collections.
on January 16, 2008
Fantasy Football Guidebook is a great book. I have participated in fantasy football for several years. This year, however, my wife decided she wanted to learn the "game" and draft her own team. She bought the Fantasy Football Guidebook to help her learn the game. Eventually, she was spouting strategy and making decisions based on issues I'd never considered. So I decided to read the book, too. Wow! Not only did I learn a great deal more about the game itself, but I have continued to use it as a reference throughout the season. This book is the only source you need, whether you're a rookie or a veteran. Many thanks to Sam Hendricks and his team of professionals. His style is smooth and light, and the added humor is refreshing.
on August 1, 2007
This comprehensive guide to playing fantasy football is about mastering the game by following the strategies and rule variations in this book. The author writes this resourceful reference book for all fantasy football fans who desire to succeed at the game. It discusses leagues, scoring systems, draft theories, auction tips and much more. It has all the information you'll ever need to play the game. This book is user friendly and easy to understand. What better way to enjoy the game of football on a higher level. The author is an expert at the game. A Must Read!
on August 3, 2012
This book is a must read for ANY FANTASY FOOTBALL OWNER! I have played Fantasy Football going on 7 years now and even I was learning new things. Whether a new/inexperienced owner or even a 30 year veteran, I highly recommend you purchase this book. Sam Hendricks has written the ultimate guidebook for Fantasy Football. If he put half the effort into his almanac that he put into this book then he would have the only must read printed material for Fantasy Football.
on April 12, 2013
I started my own fantasy football blog and refer to the Fantasy Football Guidebook often. Just when I thought that after participating in fantasy football for the past fifteen years I knew everything...then this book came along.
on September 19, 2013
I don't read much but I read it all day and everyday. Its good stuff. Enough said. Thanks for a great book.