5.0 out of 5 stars WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE, AGAIN, WITH THE BEST OF ITS KIND SINCE CRYSIS 1
((INTRO))

Far Cry 2 was, while commercially successful, divisive game by Ubisoft that failed to recapture the magic of the original PC exclusive Far Cry (not the various console spin-offs), while Crytek, the developers of Far Cry, moved on to Crysis that revived and improved upon the spirit of Far Cry under EA (Of course Crytek later ran into a similar dismay...
Published 24 months ago by NeoTristan

2.0 out of 5 stars Be prepared...
...to have invasive and annoying DRM installed on your PC. Aside from the Ubisoft game launcher ("Uplay", a completely unnecessary "middleman" between you and your LEGALLY PURCHASED offline game), a difficult-to-remove program called PunkBuster was installed and set to run upon system start-up. To completely rid your system of PunkBuster, you will need to...
Published 16 months ago by Stacy M.

‹ Previous | 1 2 338 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Near Best 1st Person Shooter, February 10, 2014
This review is from: Far Cry 3 - PC (Video Game)
Almost worth the retail price. Just not for little kids because of the language, otherwise would give it 4 1/2 stars. Totally open environment, play it just about any way you want, enjoyable each time through, change strategies etc. Fantastic real scenery, and graphics. Sure hate the filthy language and the crappy checkpoint approach to saves, not as bad, as in many games, wherein the first time playing, one has to repeat the in between checkpoints repeatedly if playing on expert or difficult modes.
I'm old fashioned I guess, because I hate U-play and Steam modes these days to play games, as they are a pain in the rear; a waste of time to get it done and the like, before you ever get around to playing the game.

1.0 out of 5 stars Only buy this game on Steam, June 14, 2013
This review is from: Far Cry 3 - PC (Video Game)
I have spent over an hour after installing both DVDs trying to get this game to work through Uplay. First is the 10 minutes it took to login to Uplay, then it wouldn't take the Activation Key until I closed out of Uplay and tried it all again. Then it downloads the 1.05 patch, but after it installed and I clicked to play the game, the patch downloader loads again and downloads the same patch over again. If you cancel out of this, you are taken to a ubisoft page to download the 1.04 patch, NOT THE 1.05 PATCH which you need to play with friends online. I found the 1.05 patch on their site here: [...] I do not trust their in game downloader for the reason above. A friend has the game on Steam and Steam handles all this updating automatically, and it much better software than Uplay.

Do yourself a favor, wait for FC3 to get cheap on a Steam sale, and buy it there.

1.0 out of 5 stars Total Nightmare!, January 28, 2013
This review is from: Far Cry 3 - PC (Video Game)
This was my Xmas gift to my Daddy, since he already had both Far Cry 1 and 2 and absolutely LOVED them. Well... It has been one nightmare after another. He's tried and tried (and I've even gone to his house to try and help him) to simply load and play it like the other ones, but FIRST, it goes to the Ubisoft website where he's supposed to "register his authorization number" as instructed in the Far Cry 3 I gave him. But there's no page or blank/line to do that, and worse yet, it won't even let him past a "You-gotta-buy-something-now-in-order-to-play-your-new-game page!" (Which, by the way, he refuses to do.... just on principle at this point.) So now, my Xmas present to him is basically nothing but a big drink coaster while he plays all of his OTHER games. We've even called Ubisoft, and they weren't any help at ALL!! Will never buy from them again, that's for sure.

4.0 out of 5 stars but the side missions get boring. Very little selection with them, August 25, 2014
This review is from: Far Cry 3 - PC (Video Game)
The game plays well, but the side missions get boring. Very little selection with them. Main boss battles go to a cut scene animation most times where you only need to press the correct button at the correct time, very un-open-world like in this aspect. I may replay it for the run-around-and-gun aspect, but not for the main story. The story was good, but the interaction in main events was poor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice game, January 26, 2014
Nice game, but i dont like kill animals :/, good graphics and more real performance. Thank you for the good price Amazon!

4.0 out of 5 stars The free roaming part of the game is fun, but the on rails story missions are annoying, too much vulgarity., December 15, 2013
Best part of the game is it has a huge land mass to explore and it has a free roaming part of the game with the beautiful graphics. The free roaming part you could almost compare to maybe Skyrim with guns or maybe a GTA game. Liberating the island from pirate bases is great as you can go about it in different ways with different weapons.
The random events that seem to occur is also entertaining as well, AI seems fairly good.

The on rails story mission however they could just leave out of the game and make me happy, but you are forced to do it to progress. It is typical of game of this type, forcing you from one event to another yada yada, I really do not like these story events at all in this game or any other that do this.

Warning, this game contains lots of swearing and heathenism. The vulgar nature of the game itself is typical of much of the tripe coming from the socialist pagan immoral entertainment industry now days. Even the loading screen rapidly flashes words on the screen as if to brainwash you or something, very creepy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining!, November 24, 2013
Very entertaining game which played well on my computer. If you want to play farcry 3 blood dragon, you don't need to purchase this first as it is a standalone game.

4.0 out of 5 stars Far Cry 3 with more features than the first two, November 1, 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Far Cry 3 - PC (Video Game)
It began innocently enough as you are on vacation with your brother and friends in a lush tropical paradise. But while skydiving in the rook islands your friends land in various places and are taken hostage to be sold by the pirate lord Vaas. As you are captured you make your escape but will you have the courage to find your friends and save them? These are the questions asked in the newest installment from the great minds at ubisoft in Far Cry 3.

After you play thru the tutorial which explains not just how to move and shoot but how you can capture radio towers that unlock portions of the map. These are important especially if you want to fast travel to these locations. But don't worry you won't just be walking around the islands as there are loads of vehicles that you can commandeer. You will have choices on land (atv's and jeeps) sea (boats and jetskis) and even the air (hang gliders) to make travel around the vast map easier.

The game is an open world and can be played in basically any order you choose. You can just pursue the story missions to rescue your friends or you can tackle sidequests to give you more resources. As with Far Cry 2 there are enemy outpost that you can take over and while it is hard it does have it's advantages. First it rids the area of roving pirates so you'll be able to explore and hunt that area easier and you can fast travel to that location as well. The islands are also lush with various wildlife that you can kill as well and you'll need this to craft better gear for yourself. This impacts everything from how many weapons you can carry to how much loot you can drag around.

Far Cry 3 looks amazing whether it's on the PS3, Xbox or even the PC as the graphics look as if you're dropped deep into a jungle. The characters look great and they will split up and attack you so you need to watch out for that. The only problem I have with this game is there is a story mission that is completely stealth based. If you are spotted they raise the alarm and you will fail the mission and have to start over from the beginning. Needless to say I had to do this mission countless times until I finally cleared it.

If you are a fan of first person shooters and love open world games as well then getting Far Cry 3 is a no brainer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good FPS Open-World Game, October 18, 2013
Troy W (Minnesota, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Far Cry 3 - PC (Video Game)
I really enjoy first person shooters, especially open-world environments. I really, really liked Skyrim, and Far Cry 3 has a similarly large, open world feel to it.

Pros:
Open-world
Decent main storyline
Lots of side missions
Replayability is high

Cons:
Some of the controls and mechanisms for switching weapons was awkward at first

In summation, just buy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars GTA in the Jungle, October 14, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
OK, as you might guess from my Amazon screen name, I like to play games. I play primarily PC games, and within that genre, I primarily play shooters although I like to mix it up with a good action RPG every so often (Witcher 2, Skyrim). Because I am a bit older than your average gamer, I have played an awful lot of shooters. I played the first Far Cry back in the day and loved it. It was truly open world, with intelligent AI. I salivated at the thought of Far Cry 2, and wept in disappointment because I thought it was just so bad. So, when I read about Far Cry 3 last year, I sort of went "meh." It sounded exactly like the Far Cry I played 10 years ago, and besides, the last one sucked. So I decided against getting it.

Then, I ran out of games and Amazon had a great sale. I picked this up for under $20. I figured it was an acceptable risk in case it was a poor game, or just a rehash of the original. Glad I was wrong in my expectations - this game is really, really good. I thought for sure I would detest the hunting side games, which are necessary to increase the size of your weapon holsters (so you can carry up to 4 weapons), and I thought the game would quickly get tedious. Nope.

The open world nature of this game is truly awe-inspiring. You travel among various islands, killing pirates who have wronged you and your friends. The weapons are great. The environment is even better. Once, I was trying to stealth up behind two enemies walking down a road. Suddenly, a tiger came out of no where and killed them both. There are random acts of awesome things like that every where. I have accidentally fallen off cliffs, landed in deep water, and found new places to explore. I have thrown a molotov cocktail at one enemy, and watched as the ensuing fire engulfed the jungle, huts, and other enemies as it spread. The physics in this game are amazing to watch.

Best weapon? The bow. You can kill with stealth, but the real money shot is an arrow modified to have an explosive tip. A jeep full of enemies coming to kill you? Explosive arrow: it is just something you need to see to fully appreciate. You can drive the jungle roads (realistically I might add) in cars, jeeps, and ATV's. You can hang glide from tall cliffs. If you can see it, you can pretty much travel to it. Although Ubisoft marketed this game as "Skyrim with guns!" the open world really reminded me of the GTA series but in the jungle instead of the city. And, it has a decent story with quality voice acting.

Truth be told, if I had purchased this game when it came out last year for full price, I would have felt I got my money's worth. I am still glad I waited because it was even sweeter to pick it up so cheap. So, if you are a bit jaded in the FPS realm like I am, you might want to give this a try when it is next on sale. (although its current price of around $30 is still a great deal) You might be pleasantly surprised like I was.

‹ Previous | 1 2 338 | Next ›

Far Cry 3 - PC
Far Cry 3 - PC by Ubisoft (Windows Vista / XP)
$19.99 $10.99