Customer Discussions > Assassin's Creed III forum

Ac3 of Far Cry 3? Can only buy 1.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 18, 2012 7:00:40 PM PST
What game should I get ac3 or Far Cry 3. I can only buy 1.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 9:45:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 9:48:32 AM PST
J.B. says:
AC 3 if you like stealthier/sandbox games, Far Cry 3 if you like first person games that are very open ended (think skyrim or fallout).

I just recently got the platinum trophy for AC3; however, never played Far Cry but I've heard good things. Both are great games, I know that AC 3 has DLC out and more on the way, on top of the fact they have a "smoothing out" patch to be released very soon.

Like I said, I've heard lots of good things about Far Cry, I haven't played it though. I know that there are a lot of "random events" in Far Cry, much like the first fallout game. For instance, you're doing your normal thing running for point A to B and on the way you see a deer run past you, then a few seconds later a pack of wolves ... then a few seconds later a group of guys chasing the wolves.

Both are great games, it really depends if you prefer first person(FC) or third person(AC), sand-box(AC) or open-ended(FC).

*EDIT: Spelling

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 1:05:48 PM PST
My only game is Black ops 2, and I want a mix of different kind of games.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 10:51:19 PM PST
J.B. says:
Get ac3

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 5:45:59 PM PST
V. Fernandes says:
Having played assassins 3 on wiiU and Far cry 3 on ps3, i can say, far cry 3 wins. Assassins has better graphics and less glitches, in fact Far cry 3's screen tearing is very annoying as is the framerate, really terrible performance.
BUT, for the first 7 hours or so of assassins, half of the game is cutscenes, most of the game plays by itself, only later on it gets better. On far cry, 99% of the game is game. This reason alone makes me choose far cry 3 as the best of the 2.

Far cry 3 is more of a fun game, assassins is more of a serious game, consider it if you enjoy american history.
Assassins is a bit more varied, with winter/summer changing the look of the world, also the rain is the most beautiful ive ever seen on a game. The sea missions are the biggest thing for me gaming wise this year. Far cry 3 all the places look the same but the game is so much fun. Far cry 3 has the most beautifull fire i've seen on a videogame and almost everything can be burnt.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Dec 18, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 27, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed III by UBI Soft (Xbox 360)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (1,352)