5.0 out of 5 stars Game is awesome! -- if you play the way the developers intended!
Given the many bad reviews, I was very hesitant to buy..

The reviewers could not have been more wrong. It is an AWESOME game.
A classic example of a great game which was misunderstood by most gamers.

As mentioned in most reviews, the map is huge and you have to travel all over to complete missions. It seems MOST of the negative reviews fail to...
Published on December 2, 2009 by One Hand Clapping

2.0 out of 5 stars Far Cry 2 - Meh Edition
Far Cry 2 is OK. It's nothing to write home about, though.

My issues with the game:
1. - Guns - Who did the firearm research on this game? Some guns, like the AK-47, are completely mirror image. Some, like the HK G3, are just wrong. (Charging handle and ejection port both on the left side? Not in this reality.)
2. - Damage - Shooting someone in the...
Published on October 24, 2008 by J. Star

‹ Previous | 131 32 3338 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars big and long. awsomeness as far as i can see., November 23, 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Far Cry 2 - PC (DVD-ROM)
pretty good game. wont say it lives to its hype up, but it is cool anyways.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected Crash, August 4, 2013
This review is from: Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition [Download] (Software Download)
The game itself ran and was fun but it had multiple unexpected crashes. Make sure you rent this game before playing it. However, it was a great deal.

1.0 out of 5 stars corrupted item, May 16, 2013
This review is from: Far Cry 2 - PC (DVD-ROM)
Upon receiving item, I try to install, Item corrupted. end of discussion.will never buy games on line again. cannot return, stuck with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars This does not work on my computer, April 4, 2013
I have downloaded and deleted this game several times and it still does not work, I have a brand new Gateway all in one computer with 1tb harddrive so the computer is not the issue.

1.0 out of 5 stars I'll never buy another Ubisoft Montreal game, September 27, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Far Cry 2 - PC (DVD-ROM)
This is the second Ubisoft Montreal game I've quit in disgust, the other being the Lost game. Absolutely no narrative, same thing over and over and over again. I get one of the morally ambiguous missions, I get a call from one of my buddies that complicates the mission. Then I have to kill each and every NPC I encounter on my way to the mission.

Honestly, I have wasted enough time on this piece of garbage.

1.0 out of 5 stars Major disappointment, April 2, 2012
Some guy (San Jose, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Loved Far Cry. Far Cry 2 on the other hand, was just... incredibly boring. There was nothing fun about it at all. Game has no soul. There is really no reason to play it.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good, March 28, 2011
I downloaded the game on my Alienware m11x core 2 duo with no problems. The only thing I didn't like was the download speeds.
It took over 2 hours to download this game. It might have been my wifi dsl connection, Amazon, or a little bit of both. Not sure which was causing the bottleneck.
The download and product key process was pretty painless. I didn't even need to type in the code. It just sorta installed and ran. Kinda nice, since I read a couple of bad reviews about the issues, but luckily didn't have to face them.
The game itself is good. Especially for $7.48 Can't beat that price, since Steam has it for $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Bad reviews must be from Gaming snobs,,,, June 24, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Far Cry 2 - PC (DVD-ROM)
This was my first FPS game in a long time, and I was blown away by how good they are. The weapon feel and enemy ragdoll physics and AI. The graphics were great on a E8800 and a nV8800 GTS. Now that I've overclocked and upgraded the card I have everything maxed out.

Highs
-Using fire tactically is awesome
-Beautiful environment, day to night transitions,
-Explosions are gratifying
-Sandbox gameplay a huge plus for me
-Travel by lang, water, and sometimes hang glider
-AI chattering to each other about your whereabouts
-Use stealth or run and gun
-Long gameplay, good value

Lows
-Lots of traveling to do
-Respawning guardposts (I'll just kill 'em again!!)
-Endgame a letdown

All in all, I started playing this again just for fun. I don't regret buying this game at $50, at the current 17$ its a great deal. I would definitely buy another Ubisoft Montreal studio game.

3.0 out of 5 stars Far cry 2, July 26, 2009
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Far Cry 2 - PC (DVD-ROM)
I agree with the previous reviewers, and the fact that i had it on xbox 360 doubled some of the problems, like the saving. you cant save whenever you want. the gameplay is very repeditive and although fun at first it gets boring. also every npc is either a black black person or a slav, and they all treat you like crap. even when you are on the side of a group they all attack you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Some of it sucks but its still fun overall, January 1, 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Far Cry 2 - PC (DVD-ROM)
There are a lot of things in this game that don't work well but I did still enjoy the game. The graphics are great, especially the explosions and fire effects. I don't mind the respawining of enemies at checkpoints but the checkpoints are just too annoying. It is such a hassle to get anywhere in this game.
Also you are always in enemy territory and i can't tell one faction from the other.
Nothing in this game is very realistic but it is still fun.
To me it feels like you are in a cheezy 80's action movie.
Its very similar to a GTA game in that the developers tried a lot of stuff and not much of it works very well. Element by element the game can be nitpicked apart but as a whole it is fun.
In the end it could have been a 5 star great game, but it is merely a 3 star good game. I give it an extra star for fun and trying something new.

‹ Previous | 131 32 3338 | Next ›