5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for ONE EAR
Comfortable, well built, discrete, great sound - I hear out of just one ear and so I get both tracks again!
Published 24 months ago by John K Jourdan

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the price
Intermittent audio connection issues. Started after a month of buying.

Update: Product is now completely useless. It's not even two months old.
Published 17 months ago by VJ89

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for ONE EAR, January 6, 2013
This review is from: Far End Gear Brite Buds Stereo-to-Mono Reflective Cord Single Earbud (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brite Buds with iPhone, November 9, 2012
I purchased these for my son who has hearing loss in 1 ear. They work great, and are a big improvement over using 1 side of stereo ear buds. The Brite Buds seem to be more rugged than the standard buds due to the woven reflective covering on the cord. The plastic molding on the plug is wide, so the opening in a protective case on a phone or iPod may need to be opened up a bit with an Exacto blade or a sharp knife. Overall, this is a good choice for someone with unilateral hearing loss that also needs a rugged ear bud.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the price, July 20, 2013
Intermittent audio connection issues. Started after a month of buying.

Update: Product is now completely useless. It's not even two months old.

1.0 out of 5 stars Quit working, July 15, 2013
These stopped working exactly one day past the expiration date allowing me to send these back to Amazon. I don't fault Amazon...I don't have a problem with their return policy. What angers me is that this cord was not exactly cheap, and since I did not misuse or abuse it in any way, it's ridiculous for it to stop working after about a month. I would not recommend this cord to anyone unless you can get at least three month's return policy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stereo sound in a single earbud, November 27, 2012
When you are at work and can't wear headphones this is your answer. You can hear both right and left sides and it looks like you are in touch with the CIA.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for people with hearing loss, February 2, 2013
carcar (Utah United States) - See all my reviews
I am completely deaf in one ear but this ear bud delivers excellent sound in my other ear. A BIG plus is the different sizes of ear buds. Finally, one that really fits!!! Wish the cord were a bit longer though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sturdy earphone, January 27, 2013
I have single sided deafness so I bought this headphone. It has good sound. I like that it offers 3 different sizes for the bud itself. I have trouble with the fit on most ear buds.

3.0 out of 5 stars Serve their purpose, November 29, 2012
I was looking for a single earbud to use while running-- for the safety of having one ear free to listen for traffic & without sacrificing sound or having the extra earbud dangling around. The sound quality on this one is pretty good for the price, and the quality of materials seems better than your typical inexpensive earbud. The only problem I had was that even though it came with 3 different-sized ear tips, it was awkwardly shaped and none of them fit my small ear. People with smaller ears may find the shape and size of the earbud (not the tip that goes in your ear, but the part right next to it) awkwardly large and uncomfortable, but I switched out the plastic tip with one from another pair and that helped a lot with that. The feel was still a little awkward for awhile, but it stays in place with the switched out tip, and I've adjusted to the feel of it. I'd give it 4 stars if it wasn't for that. It works well for what I needed, and the reflective cord is a nice touch for nighttime running, although I'm not sure how much reflection I'm getting from one skinny cord.

3.0 out of 5 stars DOES NOT MIX STEREO INTO MONO, April 7, 2013
I use mine to listen to music at work and the quality in general is pretty decent...but as the title says this doesn't mix stereo sound to mono. If you listen to a song such as Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody which bounces from left to right channel at one point of the song you will only get half the song...you may as well have a normal 2 earbud set and just leave one out...

also does NOT come with any kind of clip...not a big issue but worth mentioning.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it well enough, February 10, 2013
I'm deaf in one ear so only need the mono style ear bud.

The sound quality is fine when not moving around, but when I go out jogging the cord transmits every bump and brush against my body as a sort of hissing sound through the ear piece, kind of hard to describe but it's noticeable. I think if I can somehow clip the cord to my clothes it'll help. Otherwise the podcasts, music, and audio books I listen to come through nice and clear.

The flexible ear bud is very comfortable for me. I didn't even realize it'd come with 3 sizes to choose from. Turns out the medium size that comes already on it is a perfect fit for my ear opening.

The only other thing is I'd prefer the cord not be so long, but I suppose if you wear your device on your backside the longer length might come in handy.

Overall though, I'm happy with these Bright Buds and I believe I will be even more so once I find a way to clip the cord to my shirt.