5.0 out of 5 stars A good middle of the road set
Published on April 17, 2012 by D. Jenkins

2.0 out of 5 stars There are some good and some very bad gadgets in this set
Published on January 11, 2012 by Timothy B. Riley

2.0 out of 5 stars There are some good and some very bad gadgets in this set, January 11, 2012
This review is from: Farberware Classic 17-Piece Tool and Gadget Set (Kitchen)
I cook as a serious hobby and own plenty of turners, spoons and measuring cups, mostly in stainless steel. However, I have a son who recently married and I have been buying some basic kitchen gadgets for them. I thought that this set would be useful and it seemed like a good value (they complain that I am always spending too much on them each time that they see me.) Farberware is a name that I recognized, not high end but not the worst, so I decided to give it a shot. Here is my take on each item included here:

* The spoons and the turners: Fairly well-made with a nice feel to them. The handles feel weighted and are well balanced. The turners were a little more rigid that I would like but over all I give them 4 stars.

* The can opener: It's okay, not really well made but it should hold up for a few years. 3 stars.

* The measuring cups and spoons: Again, not great but usable. They look like something you would pick up at the dollar store, however they are well marked with their respective sizes. 3 stars.

* The spatulas: They seemed to be pretty cheaply made and were overly soft. 2 stars.

* The vegetable peeler and the pizza cutter: Junk, I don't even think that they would work more than once. They were so cheaply and poorly made that I would have been embarrassed to give them to anyone. I threw them straight into the trash can. 1 star.

Overall, the set is just barely acceptable and if I had it to do over again I would have bought something else.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good middle of the road set, April 17, 2012
This review is from: Farberware Classic 17-Piece Tool and Gadget Set (Kitchen)
I picked this because it has nearly everything you need to start building your kitchen. We are moving into a new apartment and are bringing nearly nothing from our previous places. So, this was the perfect choice. You cannot find something that includes such a variety at this price in the stores. By no means are these super thick top of the line items. But, you will find sturdy tools that you can use daily and you won't cry for your wallet if something breaks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price and great product, April 27, 2013
This review is from: Farberware Classic 17-Piece Tool and Gadget Set (Kitchen)
I could not believe the price but I bought it anyway. It arrived and I was very surprised at the quality. My local store wanted the price of this just for the can opener. This is a MUST BUY. VERY HAPPY!

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Duty!, August 12, 2013
Ink Spill (Mohave Desert AZ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Farberware Classic 17-Piece Tool and Gadget Set (Kitchen)
Even though they are plastic, they are well made and tough! They haven't melted even a little, and I have used them for a while now. Still look brand new!! Great Buy!!

4.0 out of 5 stars They are useful, February 23, 2012
This review is from: Farberware Classic 17-Piece Tool and Gadget Set (Kitchen)
I like this product and use many of the pieces daily. I shared some of them with my daughter since some I felt she would lke them too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice set, April 20, 2012
This review is from: Farberware Classic 17-Piece Tool and Gadget Set (Kitchen)
This is a great set for daily use. It includes a nice variety of kitchen tools, and they all function well. Attractive and durable product at a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars All non stick, August 7, 2013
This review is from: Farberware Classic 17-Piece Tool and Gadget Set (Kitchen)
Great variety of sizes & tools , works & cleans up nice. Love the Prime shipping. Outfitted my mom's kitchen all red. These are very functional nice clean look. Should have gotten a red set but these are great all non stick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Starter Set, February 24, 2012
This review is from: Farberware Classic 17-Piece Tool and Gadget Set (Kitchen)
This is a great starter set. It has all the basics needed! It made a great houswarming gift for a family memeber just setting out on their own. She has been really happy with it and uses it frequently.

1.0 out of 5 stars OMG, December 30, 2013
This review is from: Farberware Classic 17-Piece Tool and Gadget Set (Kitchen)
Pizza Cutter Broke...use 2....Peeler broke...use 1....spatulas...melted in scrambled eggs.....

Can opener...do NOT get me started..

Be ware...junk junk junk. Would return if I cared enough. Threw them all out but the measuring spoons

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting, February 16, 2014
This review is from: Farberware Classic 17-Piece Tool and Gadget Set (Kitchen)
Farberware is a recognizable name for kitchen utensils, and this set has much of what I wanted. That said, I found it to be an odd set in the sense that some items like the spoons/spatulas are a modern design, but others like the potato peeler seem old-fashioned and cheap.
Things I liked: The can opener and the measuring cups. The opener is a good quality and operates smoothly. The measuring cups have easy-to-read measurements.
Things I don't like: The potato peeler and the spoons/spatulas. The former has a very cheap appearance and doesn't really work very well (for me). The latter have handles that bend up at awkward angles, especially true of the spatulas. I assume these designs were worked out in an ergonomic lab somewhere, but for my hands and wrists, they just don't work.
Things I'm ambivalent about: The pizza cutter and the scrapers. They seem to be fine.
To make this a better set, Farberware should update the peeler, straighten out the handles on the spoons/spatulas, and add a cheese grater/grader.
My experience here is that sometimes it's better to be able to actually see and examine the appliances. As it is, I wouldn't recommend this set, nor would I purchase it again,

Farberware Classic 17-Piece Tool and Gadget Set