5.0 out of 5 stars A good middle of the road set
Published on April 17, 2012 by D. Jenkins

2.0 out of 5 stars There are some good and some very bad gadgets in this set
Published on January 11, 2012 by Timothy B. Riley

2.0 out of 5 stars There are some good and some very bad gadgets in this set, January 11, 2012
This review is from: Farberware Classic 17-Piece Tool and Gadget Set (Kitchen)
I cook as a serious hobby and own plenty of turners, spoons and measuring cups, mostly in stainless steel. However, I have a son who recently married and I have been buying some basic kitchen gadgets for them. I thought that this set would be useful and it seemed like a good value (they complain that I am always spending too much on them each time that they see me.) Farberware is a name that I recognized, not high end but not the worst, so I decided to give it a shot. Here is my take on each item included here:

* The spoons and the turners: Fairly well-made with a nice feel to them. The handles feel weighted and are well balanced. The turners were a little more rigid that I would like but over all I give them 4 stars.

* The can opener: It's okay, not really well made but it should hold up for a few years. 3 stars.

* The measuring cups and spoons: Again, not great but usable. They look like something you would pick up at the dollar store, however they are well marked with their respective sizes. 3 stars.

* The spatulas: They seemed to be pretty cheaply made and were overly soft. 2 stars.

* The vegetable peeler and the pizza cutter: Junk, I don't even think that they would work more than once. They were so cheaply and poorly made that I would have been embarrassed to give them to anyone. I threw them straight into the trash can. 1 star.

Overall, the set is just barely acceptable and if I had it to do over again I would have bought something else.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good middle of the road set, April 17, 2012
This review is from: Farberware Classic 17-Piece Tool and Gadget Set (Kitchen)
I picked this because it has nearly everything you need to start building your kitchen. We are moving into a new apartment and are bringing nearly nothing from our previous places. So, this was the perfect choice. You cannot find something that includes such a variety at this price in the stores. By no means are these super thick top of the line items. But, you will find sturdy tools that you can use daily and you won't cry for your wallet if something breaks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price and great product, April 27, 2013
This review is from: Farberware Classic 17-Piece Tool and Gadget Set (Kitchen)
I could not believe the price but I bought it anyway. It arrived and I was very surprised at the quality. My local store wanted the price of this just for the can opener. This is a MUST BUY. VERY HAPPY!

4.0 out of 5 stars They are useful, February 23, 2012
This review is from: Farberware Classic 17-Piece Tool and Gadget Set (Kitchen)
I like this product and use many of the pieces daily. I shared some of them with my daughter since some I felt she would lke them too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice set, April 20, 2012
This review is from: Farberware Classic 17-Piece Tool and Gadget Set (Kitchen)
This is a great set for daily use. It includes a nice variety of kitchen tools, and they all function well. Attractive and durable product at a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Duty!, August 12, 2013
Ink Spill (Mohave Desert AZ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Farberware Classic 17-Piece Tool and Gadget Set (Kitchen)
Even though they are plastic, they are well made and tough! They haven't melted even a little, and I have used them for a while now. Still look brand new!! Great Buy!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Breaks quickly, February 11, 2014
This review is from: Farberware Classic 17-Piece Tool and Gadget Set (Kitchen)
My tools lasted only 3-4 times (uses) to a dozen times then they either snapped or just quit working (can opener). This is only a starter set or temporary. Do yourself a favor and budget another 5 bucks for a more durable set.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, January 25, 2014
This review is from: Farberware Classic 17-Piece Tool and Gadget Set (Kitchen)
This is a junk set of utensils. The spatula end started to fray after 1 month of gentle use. I never leave it in the pan and hand wash. If you can afford better, get better. You're going to have to replace it soon anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase!, November 6, 2013
This review is from: Farberware Classic 17-Piece Tool and Gadget Set (Kitchen)
Love this tool set! I was very surprised at the quality of these tools. It is well worth the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars All non stick, August 7, 2013
This review is from: Farberware Classic 17-Piece Tool and Gadget Set (Kitchen)
Great variety of sizes & tools , works & cleans up nice. Love the Prime shipping. Outfitted my mom's kitchen all red. These are very functional nice clean look. Should have gotten a red set but these are great all non stick.

Farberware Classic 17-Piece Tool and Gadget Set