Most helpful critical review
232 of 252 people found the following review helpful
There are some good and some very bad gadgets in this set
on January 11, 2012
I cook as a serious hobby and own plenty of turners, spoons and measuring cups, mostly in stainless steel. However, I have a son who recently married and I have been buying some basic kitchen gadgets for them. I thought that this set would be useful and it seemed like a good value (they complain that I am always spending too much on them each time that they see me.) Farberware is a name that I recognized, not high end but not the worst, so I decided to give it a shot. Here is my take on each item included here:
* The spoons and the turners: Fairly well-made with a nice feel to them. The handles feel weighted and are well balanced. The turners were a little more rigid that I would like but over all I give them 4 stars.
* The can opener: It's okay, not really well made but it should hold up for a few years. 3 stars.
* The measuring cups and spoons: Again, not great but usable. They look like something you would pick up at the dollar store, however they are well marked with their respective sizes. 3 stars.
* The spatulas: They seemed to be pretty cheaply made and were overly soft. 2 stars.
* The vegetable peeler and the pizza cutter: Junk, I don't even think that they would work more than once. They were so cheaply and poorly made that I would have been embarrassed to give them to anyone. I threw them straight into the trash can. 1 star.
Overall, the set is just barely acceptable and if I had it to do over again I would have bought something else.