5.0 out of 5 stars Classic

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but Small
Published on September 24, 2010 by Iolanthe

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, August 31, 2008
This review is from: Farberware Classic 2-Qt. Covered Double Boiler (Kitchen)
I had been looking, for some time, for a double-boiler to make German rice like my Aunt does. This was a recipe from my grandmother who passed away before I was born. I was very pleased with how easy this was to work with. I really appreciate the classic look and feel of this cookware. It has a good weight and is very easy to clean. Faberware has been around for a long time and I think they really got it right again.
I looked at all your site had to offer and read other reviews also. I want to thank the others that liked this double-boiler...I know I made the right decision with their input.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, January 9, 2007
This review is from: Farberware Classic 2-Qt. Covered Double Boiler (Kitchen)
This set has come in handy many times in the kitchen. The pots can be used together or separately as a double boiler, although the bottom on the smaller one is not very thick. They are good for making sauces but if you make large quantities, you should get a larger double boiler.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but Small, September 24, 2010
This review is from: Farberware Classic 2-Qt. Covered Double Boiler (Kitchen)
This is a very serviceable saucepan/double boiler but the "two quart" size of the saucepan is a little misleading since the double boiler insert is not two quarts. I wanted a double boiler in which to make my mother's chicken a la king recipe. It is critical to use a double boiler so that that the milk and cream don't boil or burn. This Farberware pot worked perfectly except for the fact that you can't make enough in it to serve more than two people. It simply does not have the capacity to make enough for a family.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's just OK, November 12, 2006
maggie095384 (RI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Farberware Classic 2-Qt. Covered Double Boiler (Kitchen)
I have the original set of Farberware that is over 20 years old and this does not meet the same standards. The quality is not there, metal is thinner, plastic handle gets VERY HOT.

All in all, disappointing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfection - Steamed Vegetables, May 24, 2007
Cecil L. Wallace (Haines City, Florida USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Farberware Classic 2-Qt. Covered Double Boiler (Kitchen)
I find the 2-Quart Sauce Pan with Double Boiler Insert and Lid, great for steaming vegetables to perfection while preparing dinner for my wife and I. We like the vegetables slightly crunchy for maximum flavor and nutritional value and with a little attention this can be accomplished in this pan. Steamed asparagus is excellent. Great size when cooking dinner for two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Farberware cookware is great and reasonable, May 4, 2008
This review is from: Farberware Classic 2-Qt. Covered Double Boiler (Kitchen)
I haven't had a double boiler in ages and am so glad I finally purchased one from Amazon. Some probably use their double boilers as an alternative pan to cook in, but I don't. I use it strickly as a double boiler and I own a microwave too. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with Farberware products and you won't have to sell the family jewels to own a whole set either!

5.0 out of 5 stars Farberware still rules!, June 13, 2007
This review is from: Farberware Classic 2-Qt. Covered Double Boiler (Kitchen)
Coming from someone who has used her mother's 30 year old farberware pots and pans because they're too good to toss...
Believe me when I say that the double boiler is what separates the men from the boys when it comes to the kitchen.
The quality of this baby is second to none - forget about those trendy and tragically hip cookware sets out there-
stick with the tried and true!

4.0 out of 5 stars farberware double boiler, April 19, 2009
This review is from: Farberware Classic 2-Qt. Covered Double Boiler (Kitchen)
I have had the same Farberware Classic Series pots for 34 years. I just added a 2 quart saucepan with double boiler insert and lid to my cookware collection. It was great for melting chocolate. I love Farberware as it cooks evenly and cleans easily. Great purchase at a fair price.

1.0 out of 5 stars totally useless for its intended purpose, November 11, 2012
This review is from: Farberware Classic 2-Qt. Covered Double Boiler (Kitchen)
The product as sold was supposed to be a double boiler. However, the bottom of the inside pan was less than one inch above the bottom of the outside pan. The water in the outside pan is supposed to be below the inside pan so there was not enough capacity for water to complete the preparation of any dish that required a longer cooking time (sauces, for example). Totally useless for my purposes. I have gotten so many fine books and other products through Amazon that was a great disappointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive, but works great., February 28, 2011
This review is from: Farberware Classic 2-Qt. Covered Double Boiler (Kitchen)
I bought this double boiler for my wife, she makes a number of things using melted chocolate and had just been using a stainless steel bowl over a pan of water. Since then, I've been using it to make brownies, and I love it. My only complaint is the lip around the middle of the top pan: it tends to collect the melted chocolate. Not nearly a deal-breaker, just an observation.
It's stainless, cleans easily, and looks nice. The bottom pan has a heavy bottom, which I didn't expect. If the size works for you, I can't think of a reason to buy a more expensive model. Highly recommended.

Farberware Classic 2-Qt. Covered Double Boiler