Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on August 1, 2007
I ordered two of these convection ovens (Farberware Model FAC900R); one for my use and one for my elderly mother at her house. As she gets older, the prospect of having to clean a full-sized oven periodically becomes increasingly problematic. She had mentioned getting a countertop convection oven, as she doesn't prepare the elaborate meals she once did and it would suit her purposes.

The Farberware FAC900R appears to be a well-built, dare I say rugged, appliance. The removable all-glass front door is solid and closes with authority. This unit, like many made today, have the brushed steel "industrial" look that has become so popular. The lines are clean, with minor accented softened curves on the front panel and around the door trim. The interior is cavernous, and will easily accommodate a couple of roasting chickens, a medium sized (10-12 lb) turkey, or a large casserole dish or decent sized Dutch oven. In fact, it is indeed large enough to fit a 13x9 baking pan in this oven, so cake bakers rejoice! And of course, it will cook the ever-popular 12" pizza with ease!

The oven is easy to set up and use, and despite the array of buttons and lights on the front panel, the programming is ease itself. Select the mode (Toast, Bake, Broil, Defrost, Keep Warm, or Rotisserie), the temperature, the time, press start and walk away. This oven will also do slow-cooking (up to 4 hours preset) and dehydrating as well. My mother, who is vision-impaired and also a decided technophobe, had no problem using the oven within a couple of hours after getting it opened.

The cooking accessories that came with the Farberware oven are of good quality steel, sturdy and easy to clean. Included with this oven are a bake/broil pan, broil insert, two wire racks (one specially designed to bake those 12" pizzas), a pizza pan, the rotisserie rod (or "spit") with two adjustable meat tines, a rotisserie drip pan, and a spit-lifting tool. The wire racks can both be inserted one of two ways into three different rack slots on the inside of the oven, giving a possible six different rack height options for all your cooking/baking needs.

As noted in the previous review, the backlit blue LCD display can be difficult to read at obtuse angles (i.e., from above or extremely to one side.) A more or less straight-on view cures any apparent incurred aberrations. I cannot comment with any authority on its precision with regard to keeping time; however, I bought this to be a cooking appliance, not a chronometer, so if it gains or loses a minute here or there it's not the end of the world from my vantage point. The buttons on the front panel give solid positive feedback (no "wimpy" buttons here), as well as an easily heard audio "beep" to the keypresses. This same tone will alert you when the preset timer has ended, signaling that the oven has turned off and your food is ready. There is a light inside the oven that not only can be easily turned on and off, but is readily accessible when it needs to be replaced (marvel of marvels, product engineers actually made something simpler for the public!)

While this oven may not necessarily be commercial grade, it will almost certainly withstand the rigors of all but the most demanding family households with everyday use. The price is certainly attractive enough (less than a week after I purchased mine here through Amazon, the price went down over $30! I wonder if I qualify for a rebate?) Among the many units I researched and looked into, it was this Farberware that finally walked away the winner. For quality and price, you can't do much better than this!
55 comments| 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 23, 2007
Hello,
I purchased this Oven to replace a noisy Welbilt oven.
I really enjoy the new oven, it is quiet and came with all the accessories I will ever need.
Everything I cook in this oven come-up just delicious, especially my home made pizzas.
What prevent me to give more stars is a problem with the clock. It is not accurate. I already adjusted it 4 times but it keep falling behind. This clock requires an adjustment every other month.
I am also not a fan of the blue display which is not readable under every angle, you have to be in front of it.
Despite these 2 down sides, I like this oven. i just wish that Faberware will take note and improve the product.
on October 11, 2006
I just finished unpacking my oven and plugging it in. I am so disappointed by the quality of construction that it's going right back in the box and back to the merchant. The door is not square with the frame and jiggles back and forth on its hinges, the pushbuttons are cheap chrome-plated plastic with dimples in the middle from a shoddy molding process, and the control panel label is stick-on vinyl that doesn't fit properly and is already beginning to peel up. The stainless steel cabinet is so thin, I can see dents in the side where the screws go in. I'm surprised Farberware has put their name on such a piece of junk.
You know that the quality control at a factory is horrible when a $200 piece of countertop appliance comes dented and missing parts. Couple that with the very low quality buttons, over tightened screws, and GLARING blue light, it is amazing that something like this even sells. I shouuld have checked with the reviews other than Amazon prior to purchasing, because it is definitely inflated here.
on January 8, 2008
While devoting much time and effort to research and test out different toaster ovens which seems to have the most convenient features such as: Digital controls, Rotisserie feature & modern looks, I tried this oven. I must say that if proper heat distrubution and energy savings is a concern than this oven doesnt appear ready suited for the task. The overall quality of this unit is substandard or otherwise "poor".

1). The oven door does not close airtight, nor anywhere near there, it comes closed by a little magnet attached to one bottom corner of the door, leaving considerable cracks ans spaces open even thought the door is considered "closed".

2). Buttons are low quality flimsy plastic and arranged in a very non -user-friendly and illogical way, they all look the same and the text is written underneath in small black letters.

3). The beeping each time you press a button is a bit over the top, I havent checked in manual if there's a way to turn it off, but doesnt appear to be any button for this.

4). The screws are screwed in too tight and cause bends and dimples around whats supposed to be a modern and solid stainless steel casing.

5). The bright Blue LED lights over each button outperform the lower lit LCD screen making it harder for the eyes to read the LCD display from a few feet across the room.

This is what I have experienced so far. Perhaps some don't mind these issues and consider them minor, I for one appreciate a thought-out product with quality materials. This is not the product of a brain child.

In a hunt for a good toaster oven with a rotisserie feature, I have tested this one and also the "Aroma" brand oven, which completely stopped electrically functioning after 2 uses.

The top of my list appears to be Krups and Cuisinart, despite the fact they dont produce a rotisserie feature model (to my knowledge) and some of them don't have an interior light, the quality is singnificantly better. Cusinart even offers a 3 year warranty as opposed to 1 year by all others I checked.

Good luck and Bon Apetit!
on June 22, 2007
Oven works great except after 4 months LED burned out inside panel. When I contacted Salton the first time they stated the light was purely cosmetic and said they wouldn't replace it. I contacted them a couple weeks later after the second LED burned out. I told them the lights were a part of the functional usage, considering if all 6 burned out you wouldn't know if you were baking, broiling, toasting, defrosting, keeping warm or in rotisserie mode.
The person I reached was very helpful this time and I was able to return it to the store for a replacement.
It is now seven months using the replacement and the LED burned out. They are having me send it back...I am not sure if this is a fluke or just a poor design. It's dissapointing considering it's nearly a 300.00 oven.
on September 18, 2008
This product got one star because I could not go lower! I purchased this product from JC Penny under their brand name "cooks". They oven has no redeeming quality or any quality at all for that matter. It is one of the worst pieces of Chinese Garbage I have ever bought! The "stainless steel the is mentioned in the other reviews here is paper thin. This oven gets so hot I would surprised if this Paper thin, almost foil like covering does not melt! IT is a fire hazard.. poorly engineered poorly made.. The door does not even seal tightly there is between a 1/16 to 1/8 inch gap in the door due to the cheap refrigerator magnet that holds the door closed. This Oven is garbage at any price be wary of chain stores like JC penny selling under their own brand or line.. selling this same piece of Chinese trash. IT is sold there as
cooks Digital Convection Oven w/ Rotisserie take a look an do not buy!
on August 31, 2006
I just received my oven today, one day after ordering, and used it to cook a dish for dinner. It did a fine job and was surprised to find it so quiet. Often these types of convection ovens can be noisy, not so in this case. It also is a rather nice look machine and the company that sent me the oven was excellent.

The reasons for not giving it 5 stars are that the inside is not as big as I would have liked, but it still is a fairly decent size. I also think that the control panel is a pain to set up. Not difficult, but I guess I am just used to using dials. Overall a good oven and the company that sent was also excellent to deal with.
on December 5, 2008
I was really excited to get my Farberware convection oven because a relative had one that was very well made and did an excellent job of baking. Boy was I disappointed. The oven does its job as far as cooking goes, but the quality of the manufacturing is just plain bad. The exterior is full of sharp metal edges that are very easy to get cut or scratched on. I had to return the first one I received because the clock was losing 1 hour each day. Well, I got the second one, and sure enough, the clock loses an hour each day. (I didn't return the second one, I have enough clocks that work.) The panel around the control buttons is printed on silver paper that was loose when I got it and is pulling further off all of the time. The finish on the inside of the oven is coming off where the racks are put in and taken out. I probably will replace this appliance soon.

Anyway, I am very unhappy with the appearance and finishing of this oven, but I will say that it does a nice job of baking.

August,2009 - Not only was I disappointed when I first received this oven because of its quality but now, 1 1/2 years after receipt of the second oven - the bottom element has burned out. I am, of course, buying another oven but it isn't one by Farberware!
on January 14, 2008
I like the idea of being self cleaning and it has more room the my last one.

See 1 answered question