4.0 out of 5 stars Solid performance and easy to clean
The Farberware stainless-steel 3 speed blender works well to make smoothies. Will crush ice, but tends to freeze up and and refuses to make the vortex unless you put in plenty of liquid. I'd buy it again (if I needed a second blender).
Published on November 3, 2007 by Nell

1.0 out of 5 stars this blender stinks
Published on November 17, 2007 by bingo little

1.0 out of 5 stars this blender stinks, November 17, 2007
bingo little (Wayland, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Farberware FBL500SS Millennium Stainless-Steel 2-Speed Blender (Kitchen)
I got the faberward blender and at first use I thought it was OK. Very soon it got louder and started to take longer each use to make a smoothie- yogurt and a frozen banana pre-chopped into little pieces. By two months it can no longer blend a fresh banana, is horribly loud, and is leaking liquid out of the center bottom around the bearings. Faberware would not refund my money, buat will only give me a re-built blender of the same model.

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked well for a while, January 28, 2011
I bought this blender about a year ago because it was on sale, and it worked well up until recently the liquid started leaking into the base. The problem is the seals that are on the blade assembly go bad, so I contacted Faberware for a replacement blade set and they very politely replied "can't help you". Are you kidding me? The motor in the base still works fantastic and it could be fixed with a $5 part that the manufacturer doesn't sell for some reason. I'm avoiding faberware from now on, I don't want to support a company that contributes needless electronic waste to landfills.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very loud and unable to perform, March 17, 2008
I purchased this product from some other local store but it did not perform as per the price. It looks good but the performance is nothing compared to its appearance. It makes a really really loud noise and I have to keep adding more water to make chutneys and salsa. Then it starts leaking at the base. Avoid at all cost.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Dishwasher Safe!, November 16, 2007
Joe Palazzolo (West Bloomfield, MI USA) - See all my reviews
I recently received this blender as a gift. I stuck the top glass portion and lid in the dishwasher before using it, and the small center of the lid melted up in the dishwasher. So my blender "broke" before I even got to use it. Otherwise, it was very affordable and seems stylish.
Motor seems to work well, but who knows how long it'll hold up once I start to use it. I suppose you get what you pay for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid performance and easy to clean, November 3, 2007

1.0 out of 5 stars Little good, a lot bad, September 6, 2009
The good: powerful motor, glass jar, good liquid drain on base, simple design, pulse.
The two big bad: 1) The spinning base under the blades is made of a material that heats up and burns some off each time you use the blender. It will leave black gunk on the counter and also when you clean the jar assembly. It's probably toxic too. 2) The worst part is that the blade column is made with some flexibility and it slightly hits against the inside of the glass jar. With less than 6 months after purchase, this is slowly cutting a hole through my glass jar. Yes, leaving microscopic pieces of glass in the drink. The spinning abrasions at the base, and also with the blades against the glass are some reasons for the loud noise. The blade abrasion will also sometimes cause the glass to unscrew from the base assembly while it is in operation, and leave you with a big mess of your contents leaked or thrown everywhere.
Don't buy it.

1.0 out of 5 stars What a piece of crap, January 12, 2010
Graht (Denver, CO USA) - See all my reviews
I bought it because it was heavy (a good indicate of a strong motor) and the pulse/low/high knob was simple. Well, the motor is good and the setting are simple. Unfortunately everything else is wrong.

The space around the blade is to small and it just doesn't blend well.

Occasionally I smelled a burning oil smell.

It's tricky getting the lid on tight. You have to put the lid on just so, which is a crime for a round lid (that was a fun mess to clean up the first time I didn't get the lid on right).

Then I started having a hard time screwing the base/blade on to the blender.

And finally the seal stopped sealing and a nice banana smoothie leaked down into the motor and shorted it out.

1.0 out of 5 stars No Good, March 29, 2008
I purchased this blender because it seemed like a good deal, however I ended up returning it just two weeks later. It had a lot of perks, such as a thick glass jar, and it was easy to clean. But the major drawback was that the burning motor/plastic smell would not go away. The smell was not pleasant and worried me that I might have a small electrical fire due to the burning.

1.0 out of 5 stars Blender and Farberware are both disasters, November 14, 2012
Extraordinarily loud, and performance is unexceptional for the brief time it works, after which you can't replace the part that wears out (the blade/bearing assembly) or get any support from the corporate drones. My opinion is that buying from Farberware is like setting fire to money, and this blender is their way of saying consumers are just mud for us to slog through.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it..., October 2, 2011
From the beginning the blender made a very loud noise. Eight months later it started leaking and the blades were very loose. Now 2 years later while taking the base off to clean the blades etc. the ball bearings fell out. I rarely used this blender and only for smoothies. Farberware will not sell the base assembly so I have to replace it. I will not buy a Farberware blender again.