Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Farberware FCP512S 12-Cup Cordless Percolator
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 28, 2006
We have had the 12-cup percolator for three months now and have had no problems. Great flavored, really hot coffee is ready for us every morning when we get up. We've used drip makers for years and no matter what quality coffee, it all tasted the same. With the percolator, we really taste the difference between just okay coffee and really good coffee. The only (minor) drawback is that the bell icon that lets you know you've set the timer is very small. Once you get used to that, there are no negatives to this coffee maker.
on February 24, 2006
My wife and I have used the Mr. Coffee type of drip coffeemakers for several years but have always yearned for a more robust, pure coffee flavor. We got that with this percolator and without any sediment in the bottom of the cup. It percolates a clear, really tasty cup of coffee. Farberware has made a very high quality product with the FCP512S. The cordless feature really puts it over the top along with the 2 hour automatic shutoff.
on March 16, 2004
Whereas I agree with those who have commented on this product's durability issues, your experience will depend on the application. In my case, I brought the coffee pot to work, where I brew one small (6 cups) pot a day. I haven't had the problems with the programming buttons (cracking and peeling) or the top knob coming off. I will admit that this pot is rather "dainty" and not recommended for "extreme" home use. However, if you want a consistently hot, strong and fast cup of coffee, this is a great coffee maker!
I also dislike the "grounds in the cup" syndrome, and tried to combat this by customizing a round filter. Unfortunately, the filter only clogged the drip mechanism and caused the coffee to overflow the basket, forcing even MORE grounds into the coffee! Keep the basket clean and the problem is minimized. Overall, one of the best cups of home brew I have ever made!
on August 17, 2004
I received this as a gift a little over a year ago. It has made absolutely great coffee. Until 2 days ago. Now it is stone dead. I did notice awhile back that the coffee was not staying very warm. Well, now no coffee. Other reviews are saying the same thing. It seems to have a life of about 1 year.

I bought a drip coffee maker at Target to replace this one. The drip coffee maker (Mr. Coffee) lasted for ONE POT and now it is dead. Now I am making instant coffee with the microwave.

I like having hot coffee when I wake up at 4 am but I hesitate to buy this product again. The concept is great but the execution is marginal at best
on July 22, 2002
Why is it so difficult to find a perculator with a timer? When my parents' 30-old Farberware perculator finally died, my wife & I decided to replace it with a programable perculator, thus we purchased this model. In its short (under 2 years!) lifespan, while it made a good cup of coffee, it was disapointing for 3 reasons. (1) It was difficult to program the clock and timer. The directions were worthless and the only way to program the timer was to hit several of the buttons several times in "just the right manner." (2) The buttons cracked and blistered after about a year. (3) The darn thing died after less then 2 years. While I wasn't expecting it to last 30 years, I was hoping for more then 2.
Unfortunately, almost all coffee makers with timers are drips, which makes inferior coffee to perculators, so if you're looking for a timer, you're stuck with this one. Aside from this model, I haven't seen another perculator with a timer, meaning I may have to bite the bullert and live with a perc without a timer (I won't buy this one again). If you're desperate for a perc with a timer, you can take your chances with this model. Otherwise, keep looking.
on February 13, 2002
It looks cool. After setting it up, I must admit that the clock mechanism is a bit cheesy. The programming is not that user friendly or cohesive to the rest of the design.
Once we got it all set up, it made good coffee that was very hot. That's the good part.
This pot worked for about 7 months. That is completly unacceptable for the cost of this pot.
Summary- It was good while it lasted, but I'm going back to my old drip machine, it my wife didn't put it out for the garage sale.
PS. I emailed the consumer help people, they took 30-days to respond, and told me I might be able to mail it in for warranty repairs. Too little, way too late.
on August 18, 2003
I read the reviews before purchasing this pot. I thought the ones that were complaining about the poor quality after a few months had just gotten a bad pot. WELL, IT IS TRUE WHAT IS SAID !!! This pot gave us GREAT coffee for about 6 months. Then it will sometimes not perk the coffee and most of the time it is just lukewarm coffee. NOT the HOT coffee it gave the first 6 months. I had even bought 2 of these pots and my friend's pot went out before mine did. There is something SERIOUSLY WRONG with this pot. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!
on July 9, 2006
I read some of the other reviews and I do not understand how they could complain about this product. I have had it for two years now and while the plastic top did break off after about a year it was fixed very easily with a call to Sears (I own the Kenmore version) and for a few dollars they sent me a few spare ones. The coffee taste is excellent and the convenience of having the cordless percolator at the table when we are dining can't be beat. I love this coffee maker!
on January 6, 2005
I really like this percolator. The coffee is very hot and it's never burned. I don't have to worry about forgetting to shut it off because it turns off by itself. I've been very pleased with this purchase.
on October 18, 2004
I purchased my first pot in 2001 and loved the pot. The coffee would be ready when I woke up at 3:30 am and would be very hot and fresh. After only 6 months I started having problems with the first pot. The coffee was no longer hot. Than the pot stopped working altogether. So, I purchased another one, thinking I had a lemon. Four pots later I realize they all do the same thing, work fine for 6 to 8 months than stop working at all. I will no longer purchase any farberware product.

Judy Billingsley