Farberware Tabletop Knife Sharpener
|Price:||$8.93 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- This sharpener features carbon steel rods and a simple process that restores dull knives to razor-sharpness.
- This sharpener boasts a sure grip handle for added stability and control.
- The sharpener's body is constructed from durable, lightweight plastic.
- The sharpener measures 7-1/2 inches in length.
- Sharpening a knife is as simple as drawing the blade through the v-shaped notch at the end; three to four passes is enough to sharpen most blades.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Style Name: Sharpener
From the Manufacturer
Farberware Open Stock Knives bring Function, Precision, and Design to Cutlery
Blades that Handle your Toughest Jobs
- Each knife is weighted for exceptional balance and control
- All handles are ergonomically designed
- Blades are offered in high carbon stainless steel, ceramic, and resin coated
Each knife is carefully designed and engineered by a team of experts.
Each knife goes through extensive testing and inspections to ensure it's safety.
Knives are designed to handle all your cutting tasks.
Usage and Care for your Farberware Knives
Proper Use of Knives
Farberware knives are extremely sharp. Great for slicing, cutting, chopping, dicing, and more. Proper use of your knives will help to ensure you get the most out of your cutlery for years to come.
Proper use comes with choosing the right knife. If you grab the same knife each time, regardless of what you're cutting, you're making your cooking prep harder than it needs to be. The right knife makes a big difference in how you are able to cut.
Know your knives, and pick the one that's right for the job to avoid unnecessary bruising or damage to your food.
Practice the proper grip for maximum control. Practice a 'choke hold' grip; your hand should straddle the finger guard, or the ridge where the metal meets the handle, with your thumb and index finger grasping the flat edge of the blade. The hold balances the weight of the knife, so you have more control when chopping. For smaller blades like paring knives you can simply grab the handle.
Make sure you are cutting on a smooth cutting board that is resting on a flat surface. The more stable your surface is, the more efficiently and safely you'll be able to work.
Proper Care of Knives
Always wash your knives with warm soapy water and be sure to dry them right away. Do not put your knives in the dishwasher.
We suggest using wood, bamboo, or plastic cutting boards.
Avoid using a particular knife for the wrong task to prevent damage and ensure longevity.
Sharpen your knives or get your knives sharpened every 6 months or thereabouts.
Always store knives into a knife block or an organizer. Never throw them into a kitchen drawer with other objects.
Cut, Crush, Dice, Mince, Peel, and Slice
This multi-purpose knife is for chopping, dicing, and mincing all types of food. The chef’s knife features a stainless steel blade that holds a sharp edge and offers a soft nonslip handle that provides a comfortable grip.
This versatile knife is perfect for chopping, slicing, and dicing. The knife combines the features of both a chef's knife and cleaver. The knife features a stainless steel blade and a stamped, triple-riveted ergonomic grip.
This knife is ideal for cutting long and round loaves of bread. The pronounced serration on the long blade cuts through tough crusts without undue pressure. Strong, durable stainless steel for excellent edge retention.
These knives feature serrated forged stainless steel blades that cut easily through steak, roasts, and chops. The triple riveted handle with durable blades are perfectly balanced and weighted for ease of use.
Knives for Every Task in Your Kitchen
Serrated Utility Knife
This knife has a jagged, serrated edge, which is especially useful for cutting foods that have a hard crust, like bread, or a tough outer skin, like sausages or tomatoes.
This indispensable knife comes in handy for smaller precision tasks. It’s best used for peeling and trimming, but it can also be used for slicing and chopping fruits and veggies.
Fine Edge Utility Knife
The all-purpose knife can be used for multiple cutlery tasks. It is designed for comfort and efficiency. From chopping vegetables to slicing meat, the utility knife is ideal for everyday use.
The cleaver has an especially tough edge meant to withstand repeated blows directly into thick meat and dense cartilage and even bone. This resilience is accomplished by using softer steel and a thicker blade.
|Farberware Edgekeeper||Farberware Professional Forged Individual Knives||Farberware Classic Individual Knives||Farberware Ceramic||Farberware Non-Stick Resin|
|High Carbon Stainless Steel Blades||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Hand Washing Recommended||✓||✓||✓||Dishwasher Safe||✓|
|Knife Block Set Available||✓||✓|
|Protective Sheath Included||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Top Customer Reviews
I've switched back to the old fashioned way using a whetstone.
The knives are surprisingly attractive and well balanced with a nice heft and well fitted handles, rivets, and bolster. The blades show grind marks but that doesn't affect the functionality or the overall appearance. At this price I didn't really expect the company to polish the blades to a mirror finish. They were pretty sharp when they arrived but a few minutes on a water stone got them very sharp. I use the Paring Knife more than the Chef's Knife and it has held an edge pretty well on this trip with daily use. I don't have a steel with me so I can't re-align the edge after each use to keep it as sharp as I would at home.
I would highly recommend these knives for anyone looking for a basic set of decent quality kitchen knives but doesn't want to take out a second mortgage to get them. I also like the Forschner/Victorinox line of kitchen knives with the Fibrox handles for an inexpensive alternative to Shun, Wusthof, etc. They are stamped and are lighter but very good quality.
- It allows you to have a consistent angle on both sides of the blade.
- The handle is sturdy and gives you good leverage for running the knife through.
- The ceramic rods seem durable and effective after many sharpenings
- The ceramic rods are off-centered so you end up with a burr (the edge folds over slightly so it only feels sharp moving your finger across in one direction). The burr will keep your knife from cutting well.
- It won't sharpen near the knife handle (unless your handle clears the rod holder)
- It is difficult to sharpen the tip since your knife will want to hit the counter at the end of the stroke
- You want to try to remove the burr so your knife will cut well. To do this you have to run the blade both ways through the sharpener. I find it easiest to do both pull strokes and push strokes. Alternately you could turn the sharpener around to change the orientation of the rods but I find this awkward, especially since you need to keep alternating sides.
- Start with heavier strokes pushing and pulling the knife through to sharpen both sides. Once you can feel the burr along the entire edge, use gentler strokes (again alternating) until you the knife feels sharp from both sides.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This knife is amazing! It's super sharp and cuts everything perfectly.Published 2 months ago by R.A
It looks great but cuts poorly through tough crusts. I would not order again.Published 2 months ago by Bobo
It works very well, like that it has a plastic blade shield. It however is too short for the bamboo slicer I bought to use with it.Published 3 months ago by T. Conner
HOLY SHARPNESS BATMAN!!!! This thing is awesome, way sharp for whatever you need it for. it also comes with the little plastic cover; which i like a lot!! Read morePublished 4 months ago by T. Lemak
I received this and removed the knife from the clear sheath. The knife is light and the blade is thine. However, the knife blade has horizontal scratch. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Bobby C