5.0 out of 5 stars This cookware is absolutely awesome!
Published on January 3, 2001 by Douglas Heimburger

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent set of pots and pans
Published on August 4, 2001 by denali814

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This cookware is absolutely awesome!, January 3, 2001
This review is from: Farberware Millennium Stainless Steel 10-Piece Cookware Set (Kitchen)
I received this cookware as a gift, and I have to say that it's absolutely the sturdiest cookware that I've ever used. Its shiny 18/10 stainless steel surface adds gleam to my kitchen. More importantly, the base of the cookware distributes heat so effectively I can boil water on medium-high, cook beef on medium, and in general use a lot less heat than I used to have to. I wondered whether non-stick cookware would be better, but this cookware will last a lot longer as there's no non-stick surface to flake off. More importantly, you can use any utensils with it and in my experience things haven't stuck to it anyway -- and this includes charred overcooked ground beef and thick cream sauces.
This cookware is beautiful, dishwasher safe, and oven safe. A true bargain at Amazon's prices.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is the one I've been waiting for as cookware, June 12, 2000
By A Customer
I've been looking for something useful and long-lasting as cookware for a long time. Many companies sell a lot of kinds of cookware-set, but some of them are usually just useless or charging a lot of money. Even I find something I like, I don't think I would use all of the sets in the future. Some of pots or pans are too small or too large, e.t.c. This Farberware Millennium Stainless Steel 10-Piece Cookware Set has all sorts of sizes and usefulness. I think I can use all of this set all the time for cooking because of good designs and qualities. I like non-stick pans or pots,too, but I still like stainless pans or pots a lot because I know they last for a very long time. I really recommend everybody to try this set. I believe this would be one of good investments as a great chef at home.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent set of pots and pans, August 4, 2001
"denali814" (Berkeley, CA USA) - See all my reviews
First off, I must say this set is quality. It looks great but after the first time you use it, the finish becomes a little dull. One problem I've had is the bottom of the pans turning black from the flames (on the gas burner). This is a pain...to get clean. Another problem is that the handles get hot after awhile. I've burnt myself a few times already. If you get this set be sure to have a hot-pad nearby.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice starter set, August 10, 2001
... this make a great starter set. It includes the basic pieces you will need for most of your cooking and the quality of the pieces is very good. The bottoms are noticeable thick, giving the pans a nice balance and feel.
The manual says these items are resistant to sticking. I've had mixed results here. Some foods seem to really cling to these pots/pans, but I've never had too much trouble removing them.

1.0 out of 5 stars What a disappointment, May 9, 2002
Mary Helen (Ventura, Ca. USA) - See all my reviews
To begin with, I was the most excited person to buy the Millenium Stainless Steel Cookware Set here at Amazon. The purchase and delivery were very smooth. I so appreciated the low price Amazon offered! I enjoyed my purchase experience very much.
I have only used the new stainless a few times.
It arrived late in the day so I did not use it for dinner that night, but washed the set. It dried over 12 hrs before preparing breakfast the next day. I was pretty happy preparing to cook---heating the pans on low flame with food in them when! I heard the pans spitting! Brown-black gunk and ooze were spitting metal-like flecks all over my stove originating from the superior-edge lip of the brand new pans. (My suspicion is that under the metal curl at the top rim of each pan, there is a pocket of air/moisture all about the circumference of each pan that apparently gets activated with heat, expanding "the mix" and it blows out from the "eave" around the edges!) Of course, it isn't possible to clean off the pans under that lipped edge. And it happened again. I have not made up my mind what to do about this disappointment. The stove cleaned up ok. BUT! It is not easy to clean off the pans after this goo cooks on either, dripping down the sides of the pans from the edges!! Perhaps this is why the product sells so cheaply???

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Cookware, January 3, 2002
By A Customer
I bought this as a Christmas present to myself and LOVE IT!! I used to be stuck on non-stick cookware until I got this! Food cooks evenly, and I no longer have to worry about what utensils I use to stir food! Clean up is a breeze, because I can scrub off the stuck-on food and then slip the pans into the dishwasher! Great price too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome cookware, July 26, 2001
By A Customer
I just received this set and am **VERY** impressed with the quality. I am even more happy because of the price I got it for, [price] shipped!!!!! Even though it was a one day deal, I would pay the price it is now, because the quality is **AWESOME** for the money. I have not had the problems others have had with the handles etc. Mine don't seem to get hot or heat up. I highly recommend this set!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Quality Kitchen!, December 5, 2001
C. Grant (Dallas, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I bought my first piece of Farberware Millennium when it first came out, about 8 or 9 years ago. Since then, that $120 pot has remained my favorite pot or pan in the kitchen, above even Circulon. This set is an incredible bargain, and I immediately purchased it (...). In eight years, the surface of the pot shows a few scratches, but otherwise is like-new condition. The pan heats evenly, whether using electric or gas, avoiding those nasty hot spots you get with cheaper brands.

4.0 out of 5 stars tough deal to beat, December 5, 2001
By A Customer
I've been using them for a while now, and there is a little bit of discoloration on the bottoms of the pots I use the most. The insides still look like new and clean up easy.
I gave the set a 4 out of 5 because the handles get very hot. That said you would be hard pressed to find a better set in the same price range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome cookware!, August 6, 2001
"kbpinsd" (SAN DIEGO, CA United States) - See all my reviews
All my life I'd been cooking with your basic cookware and nabbed this steal of a deal on Amazon... WOW! What a difference! Everything cooks perfectly, evenly... Couldn't be happier... FYI, I use electric stove and it works great so I'm sure it'll be just as good, if not better, under a gas flame...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›