5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love the Farberware bakeware
Published on September 27, 2011 by Judy L.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bread pan
I love the handles and the way the bread browns but I don't like that the sides don't go straight up and the pan is slightly over sized. My bread turns out a funny shape. I won't be using this pan regularly. It will be back up.
Published 19 months ago by Brenda

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love the Farberware bakeware, September 27, 2011
This review is from: Farberware Nonstick Bakeware 9-by-5-Inch Loaf Pan (Kitchen)
I have a few of the Farberware bakeware pieces because I absolutley love them. I have 4 of these 9" x 5" loaf pans, and have used them for both bread and meat loaf. I bake all of our bread, and when I started, I got much of the recommended clay loaf pans and covered clay bread bakers. They did a good job, but I wanted to make loaves that would work better for sandwiches. These loaf pans work great for baking my bread. The loaves are large enough for slices that make good sized sandwiches, and the sides and bottoms of the loaves are beautifully browned and crusted. For artisan type breads that are baked at high temperatures, I make an aluminum foil tent to cover the loaves until the last 15 minutes of baking. I do the the last proofing in the pans, and get a wonderful oven spring. I do coat the pans with a thin layer of shortening, but this is more out of habit than anything else. Nothing sticks to these pans, and clean-up is a breaze. I highly recommend these pans for anything that requires a loaf pan whether it be bread or a meat loaf. For bread recipes, I generally triple recipes to get two loaves of this size.

Update: I have been using these loaf pans for more than a year, and I still love them. They bake bread evenly, and clean up easily. The bread never sticks in them. In all this time, I have never seen evidence of rust or any other defect, but I wash and dry them by hand, and I don't store bread in them as one other user indicated that she did. The pans are meant for baking and not for storage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Farberware Bakeware 9x5 loaf pan, May 29, 2007
Dominique (New York United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased 2 of these loaf pans to make banana bread for a party. They are so easy to use and the bread came out perfect. It was cooked evenly and was very easy to clean with warm water and a little soap!!!

I would purchase it again and the price was very affordable.

5.0 out of 5 stars heavy duty pans, January 7, 2008
These pans are heavy duty and not flimsy in any way. Well worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loaf pans, March 8, 2007
Farberware is heavier than any other similar probuct and very non stick and easy to clean. I bought a whole set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Pans Ever, April 18, 2009
Jane Mossa (Burlington, CT United States) - See all my reviews
I have used a lot of loaf pans, but when I purchased and used these pans, I was so excited. My bread came out the best it ever has. Great pans for a great price!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, January 30, 2010
I bought this to replace an old loaf pan that had seen better days. I really like the quality of this pan..nice weight, handles are convenient. I've baked banana bread, whole wheat bread, cinnamon swirl, and white bread in this pan. They all browned nicely and popped right out, nothing stuck to the pan at all. I only use my loaf pans for bread or cakes, so I can't judge as to meatloaf. I like this pan so well I'm ordering another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cooks all the way through, May 26, 2010
I bought one of these because I was looking for a new bread pan and liked it so much better than my other existing pans I bought another one. They are wonderfully sturdy and heavy metal. They cook bread faster than I was used to, but evenly and all the way through (no underdone dough in the middle!). They definitely don't stick at all. My old pan was getting rusty but there doesn't seem to be any seams to areas that would rust on these pans and I just put them in the dishwasher to clean them if needed (this has been the undoing and cause of rust for a few bakeware things in the past, but I refuse to do differently--I just replace stuff until it can be washed that way).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great loaf pan, February 18, 2011
This is a sturdy well made pan. I have used it four times to make banana bread I did not oil the pan yet the baked bread released instantly. The pan cleans up easily. I dried it immediately after washing it by hand no rust problems at all. This is a great loaf pan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Farberware 9x5 inch Loaf Pans, January 22, 2012
These are great pans. They don't have to be greased, sprayed, or lined with parchment paper. When whatever I'm baking is done, I simply turn the pan over, and plop!, out come the contents. I've never had to run a knife down the side, never had anything stick. Even sticky dough, (fruity stuff), bakes and comes out with no problem.

They are thick and heavy and the end handles are wider than other loaf pans so they are easier to handle. Taking care of them is easy, too, a swipe with a dish cloth, a rinse, a wipe with a dish towel and you're done. They never have to be scrubbed!

I've lent them to friends who don't bake much, and they rave about them, too! (I always give them instructions on using them, much to their dismay! LOL)

(I also give them as presents.)

Time saving, work saving, great results when using them, and reasonably priced! You couldn't ask for more.

5.0 out of 5 stars good baking, even crust, February 12, 2010
I much prefer these pans to my old set of glass bread pans. The non-stick feature is nice, but I still used shortening on the sides and bottom, out of habit. The lip on the ends is larger than it appears so they take up a little more room but that also makes the pans easier to remove from a hot oven.