Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on August 28, 2012
I purchased the Farmer's Almanac 2013 to read on my Kindle.
There is no table of contents. I have to skim page by page to find a topic of interest.
This is not a user-friendly edition.
on September 14, 2012
I was very disappointed with this digital version. There is no table of contents or index to find what you are looking for. You have to go through every page to find the information. Simply not acceptabel.
66 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2012
This is a fun book that helps with every day things, from when to plant things in your garden to what to expect for weather to the unusual of when to cut your hair (best results). While it may not all be useful information, the farmer's almanac has been around forever and that says a lot about a book.
on April 4, 2013
every year I get a new almanac. Not only because its accurate for weather issues, but it gives you a slew of other information that you just can't gather from any one calendar, weather station, or anything else. Its a must have.
on May 7, 2013
There is no other words to describe this product other than useful and effective. If you have any question relating to gardening, in any way, this almanac has the answer. Something I wish it did include (which it does not) is more detail on specific planting instructions for different types of produce. Still, by far, one of the most accurate and useful guides to gardening i have ever stumbled upon.
on March 5, 2013
Maybe it's me, but while the Kindle is great for reading a novel, it is not so great for the Almanac. I have enjoyed my Kindle immensely in the time that I have had it and rarely go anywhere without it. Maybe it is just that I do not know how to navigate through what I call reference books the best way. Although I find the almanac informative and entertaining, it is very difficult and time consuming to find specific information. In handling the actual hard copy I can flip through several pages at a time to get where I need to be, but in the Kindle I have to flip page for page. I know I can use the Table of Contents, but that does not really help either when going through reference material. When I am looking for something specific in the Bible, I find myself doing the same thing. In these cases I would rather have the actual book in front of me.
on April 9, 2013
I garden and this year I wanted to do bigger than before. I have been using the almanac as a guide on when to plant, transplant, etc and so far it hasn't let me down. My mom and dad use it every year and always have great success!
on October 8, 2013
Life would not be the same without the Farmers Almanac. Not sure how they do it, but it is fun, educational, and my go to reference for many things! I wouldn't want to be without it! I read it from cover to cover when I ordered it! It sits on the coffee table for future reference on the details I cannot remember and need to look up.
on September 7, 2012
I've been reading the Almanac since I was a kid and my parents kept a copy around. Call me sentimental, but I look forward to reading their weather predictions every year. Downloaded the Kindle version with no issues -- it had the table of contents, just like any other Kindle book. Hope they're wrong about this winter, though!
on December 15, 2012
It is Interesting in its simplistic presentation. I'm happy with it. Will see if the predictions, and suggestions are accurate.