Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 6, 2012
Many people would say "a calendar is a calendar", and I have even said it. Not so, though, with the Old Farmer's Almanac Gardening Calendar. This calendar shows the moon cycles, and there are very useful gardening tips which foster new ideas (e.g. over-wintering geraniums; why let your investment in spring and summer geraniums die in the frost of fall? Keep them in a cool and sunny spot over the winter, cut them back when they get spindly, then re-pot and fertilize in the spring!) This calendar fosters the adage "waste not, want not", and in economic times like these, every dollar saved is a dollar earned! I give this calendar as gifts to friends who are indoor and/or outdoor gardeners as well, and they love it too! You cannot go wrong with the Old Farmer's Almanac Gardening Calendar.
on February 12, 2012
I bought this calendar for my husband, thinking it would have pictures and information on vegetable gardening. I'm not sure why I assumed it was vegetables as opposed to flowers, but I did. Almost all of the pictures are of flowers though. Great for flower gardening, not so much for vegetables.
on March 1, 2012
I've been looking for this for a year or two after hearing about it from relations in the Appalachians who swear by "Gardening by the Moon" (and their gardens attest to success)! I love the beautiful illustrations and quotes. The moon phases are clear each month. The last page gives the information we needed - it would have been better for us beginners if that information was printed on each page on each date. Other than that - I am thoroughly enjoying it and have planted some things by the last page's instructions. Now to see what the harvest will be.
on November 21, 2011
i purchase this calender every year. it's the perfect size to write in the day blocks. the quotes and miscellany about gardening and weather are always interesting. this year's purchase arrived very quickly and neatly mailed. thank you.
on April 17, 2012
When I ordered this item, I was looking forward to receiving a calendar showing gardening hints and tables for planting each month on every page. What I received was a joke. A regular calendar with the last page showing a general planting guide that is too broad to follow. What a rip-off. I would not even use this planting guide if it were given to me, much less having to pay good money for it. Just my $0.02 worth.
on April 15, 2012
It's a neat month-by-month calendar. Pictures, facts, and quotes that make me smile. Major holidays, moon phases, and even some semi-obscure holidays are listed. Item shipped via cheapest method; arrived 7 days ahead of estimated delivery date.
on February 2, 2012
I like this calendar a lot. In addition to the lovely paintings, there are interesting tidbits around the edges. It packs a lot of information in a small footprint (it's smaller than many calendars) but isn't cluttered. Well done.
on February 4, 2013
She absolutely loves the gorgeous, full-color illustrations accompany timely gardening advice and entertaining seasonal lore. The special bonus (a “best days” table shows when to plant 36 vegetables and grains, according to the Moon’s phases and regional climate) really takes the guesswork out of planting in the spring!
on December 26, 2011
This is an ok gardening calendar but it would be much nicer if it listed the planting guide for both flowers, bulbs and vegetables on the calendar face by date each month. There is a good planting guide for vegetables in the back of the calendar and a very brief Moon Phase planting discription which could be improved to include planting more than just vegeatables. Pruning guides are very useful as are days to plant bulbs, flowers and shrubs. I have been hoping to find a calendar that marks each day with the information based on Moon phases for flowers, bulbs and vegetables and for pruning, planting and weeding. I have used another Moon Phase Calendar (discontinued) that was great as it listed planting guides etc for each day. I actually did test planting and prunings to see what happened and I was amazed that the results were consistant with the "Moon Phases". So Old Farmer's Almanac, if you improve this calendar I will buy it again next year. Jo
on December 12, 2012
these calender is great.
you already know that.
it has days and months.
and tells you when to plant stuff.
do you garden?
oh, you should get this.
fast ship.