Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 24 questions
votes
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT FROM AMAZON! They are NOT an authorized dealer! I bought my CHI four months ago and the on/off switch broke off. However, since I bought it through Amazon the one year warranty is VOID! So now I either have to pay money for a new one or pay $75 bucks to have Farouk fix it!
Sep 26, 2006 by E. Odom
votes
I'm African American and have been using a CHI iron for the past 4 years. By using the CHI irons, I have vowed to stop using relaxers because the CHI iron produces better results. I have not had a relaxer since May 2007 and I'm loving my hair. People are amazed when I tell them that I do not use chemicals in my hair. Just condition your daughter's hair on a weekly basis and use a heat protectant before using the Chi's. I use Farouk Biosilk shampoo and Nexxus Hemectress as a conditioner. Good luck!
Feb 25, 2008 by Jamaya Moore
vote
My CHI broke after 6 months of use. I only used it a few minutes at a time (and not every day), and didn't drop it or bang it around, and it died mid-use. I couldn't believe it! Even inexpensive hairstyling tools last longer. Fortunately, when I contacted Amazon, they over-nighted a new one, no questions asked. I didn't have to send the old one back. Still, something this costly should last.
Oct 4, 2008 by DMD
votes
The original irons are made in Korea and the hair dryers are in made China. Some of the newer models are made in China.
Nov 3, 2008 by Al
votes
I just returned to America from visiting England (I purchased my flat iron in America) and my iron short circuited when I plugged it into 220v using an adapter. The gfci safety plug was no use in protecting my iron from short circuiting! That was an expensive mistake.
Jan 8, 2008 by RockyRN
votes
hi, i just got a chi a little while ago and it works very well! i think it curls better than anything.. and i thought when i got it that i wouldnt get hot on the outside but it actually does.. stinks right? but i learned how to curl my hair very well without putting my fingers on that end of the straightener. i think you should get the chi anyways and just learn how to do it without touching it. its actually a lot easier than it seems.. and practice makes perfect... i did not go out in public the first time i curled it :P
Jan 13, 2010 by Melody Nash
votes
Yes you can definitely do curls with the iron (check out http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ca3k1syt2G4), and NO there are no temperature settings. It's either on or off, and it's set at around 400 degrees.
Jun 20, 2007 by V. Chung
votes
Notice how Amazon has eight different UPCs? No manufacturer makes 8 different boxes for the same item. My friend was in China for the Canton show last year and was quoted a knockoff for about $10. At $50, that means your fly by night ebay seller (who is no longer selling on Ebay, by the way) has it marked up 400%. I don't mind fake $500 hand bags for $50 because I'd never buy a real one in my lifetime. But whe the difference is only $30-$40, I would pay more for the real deal. If you can get two years of use out of a fake one, though, I would say you got your money's worth. Let us know...
Aug 27, 2010 by Al
votes
I would not recommend using a the CHI iron on wet hair. You can let your hair airdry then spray a heat protectant on it before using the Chi iron. You can blow dry your hair before, but my stylist insists that you shouldn't do both (hairdryer and flat iron). I've heard that if you use the Chi on wet hair it will produce a burning smell, but I've never done it. Someone else might know better.
Apr 14, 2008 by R. Cole
votes
No, it doesn't have the option to adjust the temperature -- just an on/off switch. It heats up to 410 degrees but as long as you don't leave it in one spot for too long and use a heat protectant, it shouldn't burn your hair. The high heat and ceramic plates are actually a good thing because it seals the cuticle, making your hair appear super-shiny. Cheaper models that don't heat up as much just end up drying out your hair, making a frizzy problem worse in the long run, and will contribute to breakage. This flat iron is worth its weight in gold!
May 22, 2007 by Jintana H.
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers