2,887 Reviews
 (1,469)

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT HAIR FOREVER!!
Published on September 3, 2005 by Melaka Fray

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS FROM AMAZON!
Published on September 26, 2006 by E. Odom

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS FROM AMAZON!, September 26, 2006
This review is from: Farouk CHI 1 Inch Ceramic Flat Hairstyling Iron (Health and Beauty)
I loved my CHI! But when it broke four months after I had paid for it, I found out some bad news. The one year warranty is VOID if you buy it from Amazon, because they are not an authorized dealer!So now I have to buy a new one or pay to have mine fix, which will take from 3-5 WEEKS! Amazon really needs to tell their customers warranty is void when they buy it, because Amazon WILL NOT REPLACE IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT HAIR FOREVER!!, September 3, 2005
I just bought a chi.. this chi to be exact. It's the goddess of all flat irons. I had a cheap Wal Mart hair iron. I used to have to wash my hair, take it into section, blow dry w/ a round brush THEN go over every piece of hair w/ my cra**y flat iron, again and again. And when I went outside, if it was rainy or humid, forget it, my hair would fuzz out all over again. I don't have curly curly hair more like really thick, frizzy, wavy sorta curly but not hair. Totally NOT cute. With the chi, my hair is super soft and looks like I was born with perfectly straight beautiful shiny hair. HA! Now I shower, towel dry and take the chii to it. It takes about 15 min. STAYS ALL DAY LONG and feels really great. I don't even need to use any anti frizz serum or anything like that. It is a bit pricey but worth every penny.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake, February 11, 2008
Yes, I tried to return this product and they informed me that it was fake too. I bought a new one and compared it to the Internet one and they were different.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is great! and I'm not an expert doing my hair..., November 20, 2006
I got it and couldn't wait to use it, so the first time I used it my hair looks great. People at work notice the difference. They thought I went to the Beauty Salon. There is a world of difference between a cheap one and THE CHI. Ok, so for the "no warranty issue", Amazon sells it for $94.00, other places sell it for $135.00. If you have a problem with it you can mail it along with $35.00 and they will fix or replace (per the website), so I took the risk, and anyway, the warranty is only for a year, so after that you have to pay the extra $35.00 if it breaks. Mine works great.

1.0 out of 5 stars Watch Out For Fakes!!!, March 25, 2009
Let me start by saying that I previously bought a CHI from [...] and it is the best straightener that I've owned and I've owned a Solia and a Superstar. However, I bought one from Amazon and it was a fake. It did not even compare to a real CHI. They put a lot of work into making it look like the real thing and I admit I thought it was until I turned it on and attempted to straighten my hair with it. Then I went back and compared my old chi with the new (fake) one and there were differences in the pictures on the box, the lettering thickness on the flat iron and the cords are different (the part of the cord that attaches to the flat iron). So I knew I had been scammed. Don't worry about the $20 - $30 bucks it saves you to buy from Amazon, buy from Folica. They are authorized and will not sell a fake. Not to mention the fake one is worth about $15.00. I've used super cheap straighteners that have worked better. So please don't buy a CHI from anywhere but Folica or an authorized seller!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Why can't they make a model that doesn't break?, January 15, 2007
L. Allen (Texas United States) - See all my reviews
The CHI is great- when it works. I got my first CHI a few years ago, after a couple of months the light stopped staying on and it would get cool again. I sent it back because of the one year warranty. The replacement they sent me?? did the same thing. This year for Christmas my mom bought me a new one. That thing lasted two days before it stopped working comPLETELY. I am very unhappy with this. It is an expensive product. I never dropped any of these. I can't imagine how shoddy they put them together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Prepare yourself for a totally new you., February 5, 2006
If you're tired of the curls and waves in your hair and want to go for a dramatic, straight look, the Farouk Ceramic Iron is for you. It works like a dream and you won't be able to stop touching your hair because it's hard to beleive it could feel so wonderfully smooth and healthy with such little effort. If you have tried to get a sleek look by yanking your hair with a blow dryer and brush, this will save you a world of time and produce far better results.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the real thing, May 12, 2007
I purchased this as a replacement for my old Chi whose on/off button had recently broken off. I noticed many inconsistencies with my new "Chi" when it arrived. The packaging, directions, and Chi itself were completely different than my old one. It even looked as if the instructions had been photocopied. This was definitely not the real thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, July 3, 2005
This is the best flat iron ever!!! As an black female using this I can go longer without getting a perm. Every female should own one!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, January 18, 2008
I have struggled to get the hang out of my cheap flat iron for my wedge/bob hairstlye. Well, struggle no more! this iron is awesome and fast. It beats the 'cheapies' hands down. I also like it because it is thin! I thought (in my ignorance) using a larger iron would be easier, but not so. Its much easier to use this one. Plus... It comes in a limited edition pink style if you like that sort of thing (which I do). I also love this iron because its really easy to curl the ends of your hair. Just twist and go.

Make sure to use some product to protect your hair and be careful with it! You can burn your ears, neck and hands -It's HOT!

Rate and Discover Movies