4.0 out of 5 stars D'argo's Lament
I am going to try and avoid spoilers here but its kind of hard reviewing a product and not talk too much about what it contains... :)

Published on May 6, 2010 by John J. Thomas III

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
I was not expecting the humor in the story; but otherwise it was okay.
Published 5 months ago by Ronnie Lajoie

4.0 out of 5 stars D'argo's Lament, May 6, 2010

Let me start off by saying I usually don't like prequels or books that take place between episodes of whatever and whatever. I had bad experiences with those with Star Wars and Star Trek novels that were placed in some time period and after reading them would go... Well if all that happened then then how does that mesh with what happened later in episode whatsits or novel whatsits. It's a big quibble of mine that usually prequels and works set in a time period during which other things in the series are going on tend to contradict what else happens or just doesn't fit in and leaves a bad taste over all. If you have read some of the old star wars or star trek books then you will know what I mean as some of the stuff just flat out contradicted things in the series or just didn't mesh well.

Thankfully this book doesn't fall into that hole. Dargo's Lament is set somewhere in the second season of the Farscape T.V. series (I think around the time of Revenging Angel but don't quote me on that). Simply put Dargo and Jool are off to acquire something Moya needs and it gets a bit more complicated then they anticipated. They have to go to a certain commerce planet to get what they need to find out that all commerce has ceased because two warring crime lords are trying to take over and as they are so evenly balanced they really need an outsiders help to tip the scales. Dargo and Jool just happen to land in the middle of this and... well if you saw For a few dollars more or some of the old good westerns then you know where things are heading. I have also seen the basic tale told in a couple of old samurai movies with toshiro melfune and others. Its an old tale but a good one and there is always a twist and turn in there somewhere.

It was nice to see some of the old plots and story arcs come back like Dargo being a General (think it was first mentioned in "Vitas Mortis" (episode two of the second season) and that the reason Jool is along is because Dargo promised to take her with him when he took his ship out for the first time (I forget which episode Jool gloated about that, think it was revenging angel). Anyways the story is fun, it was nice seeing Jool and Dargo again, it was simple and didn't fall into the trap many franchises do in trying to make every book or story involve some larger then life galactic threat and how the universe needs to be saved. This story fits right in with the time period of that season and after reading it you can still go back and watch the episodes of the series set around that time and everything fits in.

A bonus is that this story takes place where a short story from the Farscape Magazine took place and the short story was included so you get a bonus short story that's a sort of prequel to this one.

All in all I liked it and think it fits well. I have four of these books now, The Beginning of the end of the beginning, Strange Detractors, Gone and Back and Dargo's Lament and like all four (I have Dargo's Trial on order but it says it will take one to two months to ship... grrr...

Anyways I hope this review helps I wouldn't normally post one but as there were no other reviews present I thought I would try and help those considering this product. Thank you for your time.

5.0 out of 5 stars D'argo's Adventures, April 17, 2011
I was always a big fan of Farscape and D'Argo was an interesting character.
Now in these comics series we get to explore some of his back stories and side stories to the main series.
D'Argo's Lament is an excellent addition to the Farscpe Universe

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Frelling Awesome Farscape Comic!, November 27, 2011
A. B White (Laurel, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Farscape Uncharted Tales: D'Argo's Lament (Hardcover)
I love KRAD and Rockne's expansion of the Farscape universe! This was a wonderful series that ended way too soon. This particular comic, set during Season 3, was a fun romp that even made Jool seem interesting. D'Argo is such a great character, and it's nice to see him featured. Thanks, Keith and Rockne, and keep 'em coming!

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, July 30, 2014
Ronnie Lajoie (National Space Society) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Farscape Uncharted Tales: D'Argo's Lament (Hardcover)
I was not expecting the humor in the story; but otherwise it was okay.

Farscape Uncharted Tales: D'Argo's Lament
Farscape Uncharted Tales: D'Argo's Lament by Rockne S. O'Bannon (Hardcover - December 1, 2009)
Used & New from: $9.19