5.0 out of 5 stars Thoughtful approach to sustainable fashion design, December 17, 2012
Melissa Fifield (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fashion and Sustainability: Design for Change (Paperback)
This is a practical, well-researched and thoughtful guide to making better fashion products -- from the impacts of raw material selection, to the variety of finishing techniques and other inputs, to how we think about product design and its use and eventual disposal. This is a must-read for fashion designers who want to design better product that has less of an impact on the planet, as well as anyone in the apparel sector that has an interest in sustainable apparel and its lifecycle. Kate Fletcher and Lynda Grose have done a masterful job of compiling best practices, words of wisdom and detailed fashion experience in this interesting and useful read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, May 28, 2014
This review is from: Fashion and Sustainability: Design for Change (Paperback)
My daughter used this book to help write her high school paper on sustainable fashion. I read it to and found it very informative and easy to follow. It gave a very balanced view and gave me lots to think about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent source for sustainable fashion methods, December 30, 2013
This review is from: Fashion and Sustainability: Design for Change (Paperback)
Learned so much more from reading this book than my teacher could ever tell me. Will hang onto this for future reference.

4.0 out of 5 stars Insightful Read, November 7, 2013
This review is from: Fashion and Sustainability: Design for Change (Paperback)
Assigned text book for my sustainability class, and this book really does shed a light on how our society has quickly adapted to the "Gotta have it now" phase. This book lays out the cause and effect of the choices we make, the clothing we take advantage off, and how much we consume when laundering our garments.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book!, February 9, 2013
This review is from: Fashion and Sustainability: Design for Change (Paperback)
This book was required for a class, very good read and lots of interesting topics to study. It also shipped to me very fast!

Fashion and Sustainability: Design for Change
Fashion and Sustainability: Design for Change by Kate Fletcher (Paperback - March 21, 2012)
$29.95 $21.76