5.0 out of 5 stars Great, April 9, 2000
This review is from: Fashion Then and Now (Costumes for Coloring) (Paperback)
I chose this book because I love to color and because I love clothes. I loved this book. The drawings were intricate and elabrote but not impossible to color. An added bonus was that with each drawing came a discription talking about when this style was popular and more about the dress. My favorite drawings were the ones from the Civil War Era but they have drawings all they way from acient times to now. I highly reccomend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for Any Age, November 13, 2001
Jane E. Rockley (Santa Ana, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fashion Then and Now (Costumes for Coloring) (Paperback)
I have a hundred colored pencils, a nice electric sharpener, the TV in front of me, and I'm as happy as a clam. If you like costume and coloring, and just being pleasantly entertained, you'll love this little book. Such pretty fashions, each with their own little story telling about the period in time, and you're never too old to enjoy a little coloring (well at least I'm not) *smile* have fun!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Fun, Fun!, March 27, 2005
This review is from: Fashion Then and Now (Costumes for Coloring) (Paperback)
This book is so great. It takes you through centuries and decades of fashion. Pictures are fantastic. Personally, I thought the paper a little grainy for good coloring, but still worth purchasing, and even re-purchasing! Since I use only colored pencils, the surface of the paper may not be an issue for you if you use different medium. Since there is only one picture per sheet of paper, it's easy to use paint, markers or watercolors as well. One other thing I don't like is that the explanatory note for each picture is on the back of that sheet--it would be nice if it were on the same page, or at least the facing page. Regardless of that trifling detail, this is a fun and exciting book to color. Buy it without hesitation!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous for the fashionista in you!, June 10, 2008
This review is from: Fashion Then and Now (Costumes for Coloring) (Paperback)
Here's a really "fierce" book of pictures to color that are educational and beautiful. Fashion Then and Now will take you through many eras to give you a wonderful experience of entertainment and relaxation.

This book is mega-fun for teens and adults. I have a long train trip coming up, and this book is coming with me to pass the time -- beautifully!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good purchase, August 22, 2010
This review is from: Fashion Then and Now (Costumes for Coloring) (Paperback)
I'm not disappointed in this book. I'm glad I ordered it especially for the price. The drawings are done very well. However, the details are intricate. The eyes are too small even with sharp colored pencils. For someone like me who does not like to draw and would rather paint, this book came in handy. Not a big deal I know, for some, but it is to me. The other thing I didn't like is that there are no backgrounds drawn into each page with the women. Also, there is wasted space above the written description of the fashion and some more details could have been drawn there as well to go along with that particular fashion. Even with that said, I recommend this coloring book and the product link I have inserted here. Godey's Fashions is still my favorite so far. Godey's Fashions Coloring Book (Dover Pictorial Archives)

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST COLORING BOOK EVER!!!!!!!!, January 17, 2011
This review is from: Fashion Then and Now (Costumes for Coloring) (Paperback)
The clothes are such fun to color, and believe me, you wouldn't ever regret getting this book! You'll love it! The dresses are extremely well drawn and the civil war era clothes are duh best! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Relaxing...., September 2, 2012
This review is from: Fashion Then and Now (Costumes for Coloring) (Paperback)
I love love love these coloring books! My favorite thing about these books is that are good enough to frame when you done with the picture!

Colored pencils work best on these books!!

Relaxing coloring book for adults!!! I'm a mom of 2 and at the end of the day this is my escape...

Recommend to all adults ...men and women!

Please let me know if my review helped you in your purchase !

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable book to color, July 4, 2007
This review is from: Fashion Then and Now (Costumes for Coloring) (Paperback)
While the artwork may not be the best I've ever seen, it is fairly good. I enjoyed coloring the pictures.

There is a wide range of clothing represented as well as types of young women wearing it.

There is text on the back of each picture, and I liked this factor, since at the time I had not yet gotten acquainted with opaque/gel markers and with regular markers there was bleed through without ruining the next picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, August 7, 2007
This review is from: Fashion Then and Now (Costumes for Coloring) (Paperback)
This book is everthing and more of what I enjoy about coloring as a avid adult coloring person. Every print has a lot to offer your imagination plus it offers on the back of each page the information about each style of the year it was wore. You can spend hours enjoying this book. Teen to adults would enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars So many cool dresses to color, August 19, 2010
M. Tempel (Atlanta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fashion Then and Now (Costumes for Coloring) (Paperback)
My daughter and I are enjoying this book. The dress designs are very nice and my daughter is learning about dresses from different periods. Pages are thick and study. Not like cheap coloring books.

Fashion Then and Now (Costumes for Coloring)
Fashion Then and Now (Costumes for Coloring) by Kate Braungart (Paperback - October 15, 1996)
Used & New from: $1.61