Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on May 30, 2008
The book itself contains nice layouts, plenty of accompanying text to reflect the designers it features, and nice to impressive photography that also reflects the designers' points of view. Most of the photos' visual impact comes from the (edgy) color and textile combinations used (including make-up affects); however, I wished it would've contained bolder layouts, but I guess this is what's to be expected of a paperback, slightly smaller footprint fashion book as I'm partial to the larger size books that can really wow you with one page full of vibrant color topped with a micro or macro aspect. The models were high fashion, runway model types wearing very creative pieces throughout the book but also expect lots of contextural writing. Note that I didn't actually read the book but scanned through the pics and some representative writings only for a minute because I was buying it as a gift for my high school grad niece who's interested in art school. I was more interested in how the visual impression of the photos would appeal to her. I was excited and thought it'd be good to excellent for her EXCEPT and unfortunately for one darn little but questionable photo! It was a frontal photo of a group of runway models wearing one featured designer's fashion (statement) in which one model was completely nude from the neck down and the other was nude from the waiste down (they were wearing "designer-modified" middle eastern type traditional women's clothing). I'm not a prude, and I probably should've known better via the fashion world perspective on the human body as art, but I certainly don't want my niece's parents to remember me as the aunt who unwittingly gave their daughter a book containing this particular photo. Had it not been a gift and for myself, I probably would've been fine with the book. So I'm returning it and felt the need to FYI other potential buyers. There was another tiny photo of a model's "behind" dressed in ethereal textile but it was done nicely and that I could've lived with.
on March 21, 2009
I love this book and drag it around with me most days. It is full of wonderful photos from imaginative designers that will inspire you to be more creative in any textile venture you may be doing. Get ready to fill your sketchbooks with ideas from this book. Definitely one of my favorite books.
on March 27, 2007
This book shows us how to take a simple fabric and turn it into something more by manipulating or embellishing it into something else. We see the work of skilled designers who specialise in making something more out of a flat piece of material then transform it into something wearable.
0Comment9 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 2, 2015
most unusual designs I like this book very much for my projects
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2014
It's not a "how to" book. Just more of a Look Book.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse