Other Sellers on Amazon
Fast Five [Blu-ray]
|Additional Multi-Format options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Be sure and stay for the end credits for a unexpected twist.Read more ›
The Extended Cut is slightly over one minute longer than the theatrical cut, most new scenes add just CGI blood, most of the time the blood being barely noticeable.
1) When Zizi's armed thugs attack Toretto's hideout, one of the thugs has his gun turned on himself by Toretto with CGI blood added in.
2) When Hobbs attacks three of Zizi's thugs in the favela shootout, there is re-inserted CGI blood when Hobbs shoots one and knifes the other. The neck breaking of the last thug seems a little more brutal.
3) Hobbs' men fire on Zizi's thugs for a few seconds longer.
4) Slightly extended scene where Tej asks for a duplicate safe.
5) New scene: Discussion by Toretto's crew regarding breaking into the safe and transporting it. They discuss the existence of the bathroom having a ventilation shaft which leads to the garage. This scene then segues to Leo and Santos.
6) Toretto/Hobbs fight scene slightly longer and more brutal.
7) Chato receives a few bloody bullet rounds in the favela ambush scene.
8) Zizi's thugs are gunned down more graphically by Toretto's crew in the favela ambush scene.
So I hadn't seen a single Fast & Furious movie prior to this. But I was browsing through Best Buy for my copies of other titles that came out that day when I saw the BB exclusive SteelBook edition. So for the first time in a while, I made a blind-buy based solely on the aforementioned packaging and the fact that The Rock was in it. I expected the preconceived notion that the other films had established (fast cars and hot girls), but was very surprised at how great of an action-heist-thriller this turned out to be. The story starts with Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel) being sentenced to prison (I'm guessing from F4), and then breaking out. Meanwhile, former federal agent turned fugitive, Brian O'Connor (Paul Walker), and Mia Toretto (Jordana Brewster) are on the run in Rio de Janeiro. They agree to take a job to steal some federally-impounded cars belonging to Brazilian crime boss Hernan Reyes (Joaquim de Almeida). During the robbery a couple of DEA agents are killed, in which the U.S. government then sends DSS agent Luke Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson) to apprehend Dom and O'Connor. Like I said, I've not seen a single film in the series, so whatever character-building there was I don't know about it. I just thought it would be interesting for once to take a movie this far into the lineup, watch it, and see if I'd like it (which I really did). Oddly enough, there wasn't as much street racing as I thought there'd be considering that's what I heard to be the draw. The action in this particular entry, however, is pretty exhilarating. I've been wanting to see The Rock in another action flick since The Rundown and Faster, and it's good to see him back doing what he does best (can't wait to see him in G.I. Joe either).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A lot of fun, though rough on the lingo. I would recommend the movie to be watched in sequence with the others in the series to allow for better understanding of the relationships... Read morePublished 6 days ago by Scott Taylor
Some of the sequences were laughable .. Entirely unbelievable and preposterous .. Vin Deisel using the safe as a bowling ball to demolish an entire squadron of police cars was a... Read morePublished 7 days ago by Amazon Customer
|Topic||From this Discussion|
|Cheaper at Best Buy||
I will be going to Best Buy as well. Amazon is slipping on their prices. This is the second movie in two weeks I'll be buying at Best Buy.
Oct 3, 2011 by doc | See all 16 posts
|Two forms of packaging.||
It's because one of the packs is the 2-disc Blu-ray with the Bonus DVD and the other is the 2-disc DVD with the Bonus Blu-ray.
Sep 24, 2011 by Rick Tierney | See all 7 posts
|Won't play on my Samsung||
This is getting to be a large problem with all new titles, out of the last 10 movies I picked up half won't play.
Nov 19, 2011 by HOMER | See all 3 posts
|I thought fist five was done in 3D||
Nope, no 3D for Fast Five...
Oct 1, 2011 by Charlie Daniels | See all 2 posts
|I thought fist five was done in 3D||
No, only in 2d.
Nov 19, 2011 by HOMER | See all 2 posts
|FYI Digital Copy already expired||Be the first to reply|
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > DTS
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > All Universal Studios Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Drama