Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on April 3, 2016
I've been using it for 6 months now. I didn't eat much fruit before following this diet. It does work - but slow for me. I've lost around 25 lbs. I need to lose some more, but am taking a break of sorts. I basically follow the diet, but not strictly now, and haven't gained anything back. It took 2-3 months where I lost just 1 lb a week before my body got used to eating more carbs and I started losing weight. I followed the Adkins Diet for too many years. Now I enjoy eating pretzels, oatmeal, fruit, etc. It's a much more balanced diet than I was used to. It got me through Christmas with only gaining 3 lbs and eating pretty much what I wanted, did watch the sweets though. Those 3 lbs came off in a week or so. I'm happy with the results and will definitely stick with with maintenance plan, it's simple, I like the foods and ease with cooking.
on May 15, 2014
Ok so I work 2 jobs and have a toddler to chase so doing this diet was a huge sacrifice for me. I have 40 pounds of baby weight to lose and after almost 4 weeks of chopping, cooking, running to the store, planning, freezing, and portioning.....I lost 4 pounds. I even gave up my beloved coffee. I hate cucumbers, pickles, and deli meat infinity now, and I almost peed my pants a few times with the amount of water I had to drink. I can't tell you how many mornings I spent in tears because the scale wouldn't budge. The amount of money, planning, and graphing this diet took literally removed all joy from my life. Phase 2 is horrible.
Sometime around week 3 I started having dizzy and fainting spells.
Some of the recipes are ok but this diet is not for everyone.
55 comments|71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 10, 2015
Seems to work fairly well. My wife finds it a little hard to follow, flipping here and there for lists and menus. If you don't care about the reasoning behind why all this works, just get her cookbook. It breaks down the diet, what you are supposed to eat on what days, and the food lists. My wife has lost 20 pounds so far.
on January 28, 2014
There is a good chance that my overall health may be somewhat better on the FMD, but Haylie Pomroy advertises the FMD as a way to "reset your metabolism and to lose up to 20 lbs in four weeks." A friend of mine lost 12 lbs in 4 weeks, but I lost only 3. I think for anyone who has a significant amount of weight to lose (over 40 lbs) or who takes medication that may interfere with metabolism, this is simply false advertising. Haylie should list these problem issues in her book rather than imply this diet works for everyone.

This was a huge commitment for me. I even stayed on the FMD through Christmas! After poor results during the first four weeks, I decided to commit on a week to week basis to see if my results would improve. I lost only 5 lbs over the next 3 weeks.

I am trying to reach a healthy weight by my birthday in May. I feel like I've wasted 2 months on the FMD toward accomplishing my goal. I'm going back to 1200-1400 calories a day and walking 30-45 minutes 3 or 4 times a week. Doing this I know I can lose at least 10 lbs a month.

Frankly, with the many food restrictions on this diet, it is too expensive and too boring to stay on for more than four weeks, even using the recipes in the book. I felt like my whole day was focused on what to shop for, prepare, how much and when to eat! This is more crazy-making than counting calories! Also, I doubt that the weight stays off unless you continue to use this diet forever.

I really wish the FMD would have worked for me. I was so hopeful that it would and I really committed to the program. I am very disappointed with the FMD. It is just "too good to be true!"
44 comments|75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 28, 2015
This book is awesome. I have done the 28 day plan in this book and even though I could not seem to get it right the first week, it all came together and I have lost the 20 pounds and kept it off. It really is a way of life that is so attainable and I feel the best I have felt in a long time. I am also sleeping better. I am just a happier person now that I do not think constantly about food. I highly recommend this book if your sincere about sticking to it for 28 days. I kept telling myself,"I can do anything for 28 days" and it is one week at a time and before you know it, your done!
on May 24, 2013
The program is well explained and organized. Haylie is intelligent, but her book is easy to read. She does not talk down to her reader, which annoys me with other "diet authorities". I really enjoyed the book. I've been working at loosing weight over the last year. I abandoned the healthy way I had been loosing weight and started her program because I'd stabilized but had more weight to loose. I just finished my 19th day and I've lost 10 pounds. I feel that I have followed her program to the letter. It takes time to organize, shop and prepare for each week. I have never put so much thought and effort into eating before. My refrigerator looks ridiculous with containers of food that we are allowed to eat just 2-3 days at a time. I'm not into crock pot cooking as she is and maybe that would have made a difference.The first week it took me over 2 hours just to plan out the week's menu. There are a lot of little factors to consider and it's best to plan ahead and be organized. Once on it though, I felt good, lost weight at a good pace, though I will fall short of the "up to 20 pounds in 28 days". I wish I was going to be closer to the 20 pound mark. Two days out of the week are a little rough with limited food choices, but it's only 2 days out of 7 and that's not a bad deal either. The theory of this book makes so much sense to me. The program can be used for more than 28 days, though it is really not designed to. I don't think it would be a whole lot of fun to stay on this program month after month. This is a good program to begin like a New Year's resolution diet. Hunker down for 28 days and get your body functioning better. That's a pretty good plan to me. I've talked about the program with quite a few people. I do recommend it, but I do not feel that it is for everyone because of the planning and organization necessary. My husband would not have been able to handle everything involved with this program if he had to fend for himself. He's not the cook of the house though, I am. We do a lot of checking the list of appropriate phase foods throughout the week. I still haven't memorized the entire program.This is not an easy plan to be on if you are the only one doing it in your household.This is a great buddy system program. It is also critical to plan ahead. Since you're eating every 3-4 hours, you have to plan ahead and can't get stuck someplace without food or snacks.I feel like a bag lady, as I'm toting food with me all the time. I have changed a lot of my feelings about food, and that's a good thing. My old thoughts had me carrying too much weight. I've enjoyed the program and have learned from it. I feel that I have made lifelong changes thanks to her and for that I'm both thankful, thinner and healthier.
on July 22, 2013
What an ABSOLUTE WASTE OF MY TIME.

I am disappointed, and angry, and sad that I wasted 6 weeks of time and energy and hundreds upon hundreds of dollars on this bs diet. I got the audio book, downloaded the pdf, and followed the diet to the letter (which isn't easy to do based on the sheer amount of ridiculous inconsistencies between the hard copy/audio/app/web forums) and I GAINED WEIGHT. I felt like hell for 28 days, nauseous, exhausted, and unable to partake in social activities both because I was just too dang tired to go and also because I couldn't have any of the food/drink associated with them. Look, I was fine to hunker down for 28 days and excited about the changes and health benefits but all I would up was bloated, sick, tired, and fat.

My labs got worse, not better.

I gained weight, never lost.

I was tired the entire time, where is the energy boost the author so lovingly goes on and on about?

After scouring the forums and online reviews it looks like easily 75% of people lose maybe 5 pounds total at best, 20% are losing nothing or gaining, and 5% are the magical few she must have paid off to post good reviews. The author's reason if your weight loss isn't what you wanted? You're too stressed or didn't approach it right. Um, no. I was calm and happy and ready to do this diet, I hunkered down and went for it, there was no stress, I didn't worry about my weight, I focused on getting healthy, and my reward is being far worse off than I was 28 days ago (more like 50 days ago counting research and prep) and much, much poorer (I have never had grocery bills like this).

Please actually read the 4/5 star reviews, people haven't actually done the diet. I did. I regret it. There isn't one good thing that came out of this and the last thing someone who struggles with weight needs is a sad setback yet again.
77 comments|79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 9, 2014
I turned to this book out of desperation. I had been sick/off colour for a number of years - mostly indefinable things like gastric bouts from time to time and disgestive problems, exhaustion, aching joints, bouts of depression; poor sleeping patterns; and finally a horrible skin rash. I was also having trouble keeping my weight down.

At 62 years of age I guess you resign yourself to the fact that the body starts to rebel a little but my physical and mental health was starting to go into rapid decline

I had more bloods tests than I care to remember - to the pont where my viens finally gave up the ghost. I was also given more courses of antibiotics, arthritic medication and skin creams than a small town would receive in one year.

Within the first week of the diet I started to feel better. By the end of the four weeks the majority of my health issues had cleared up. The diet excluded wheat; dairy; sugar; coffee; alcohol. Corn and peanuts are also a big no-no.....and guess what - it turns out that I have a gluten and dairy intolerance as well as a vitamin B12 deficiency.

The author explains clearly how different foods combine to stimulate the liver, thyriod and your overall metabolism. The meal plans are very easy to follow, the portion sizes are generous and the recipes are uncomplicated and very tasty. I also have a better understanding of how to organise my exercise program - I am doing less exercise and getting better results - that has to be a good thing.

I feel so much better - no random aching joints; my skin is clear and glowing; my grey hair is soft and healthy; my digestion and bloating has improved remarkedly; I am sleeping more soundly; I am more alert; AND I have lost weight.

By default my husband has also lost weight and his overall health has improved.

I now have a 3 monthly Vitamin B12 injection and steer clear of gluten and dairy - I am now off all other medication. I had my annual physical and mental assessment last month and apparently I have the athletic and mental ability of a 40 year old!

on June 2, 2015
This is a very effective eating plan to follow. I'm sure using the word "Diet" in the title helps to sell books, but I would describe this as more of an eating plan than a diet, and even the author is not fond of the word.

I spent a few weeks reading the book and understanding the program before starting it, and also preparing myself mentally. I felt overwhelmed by the amount of information that Haylie provides about how our bodies work and about how this eating plan works. I have re-read many sections since starting, just to refresh myself.

I am now in the 4th week of the program and I can say that it does work, but I believe many will find it difficult to follow without complete dedication. I found week 1 very confusing and overwhelming but the subsequent weeks have been much easier. Haylie has chapters on "what to expect" in each of the 4 weeks and I have to say that she is spot-on with her advice. It's obvious that she has a lot of experience and insights to share.

I was already following a fairly healthy diet, but I certainly had room for improvement and even with being pretty healthy, there were some difficult adjustments such as no dairy, no caffeine, and no alcohol. For someone who has unhealthy eating habits and is used to a lot of snack foods, greasy foods, candy, etc., this plan would be a major adjustment.

That being said, I have been following the plan very strictly and I have to say that I feel really good. I have been caffeine-free for several weeks now (I started that before I started the actual plan). I do not have food cravings, which is great. I work for a major chocolate/candy manufacturer and there are literally bowls of candy all over my office. I haven't touched a thing in weeks. I rarely ever feel hungry and if I do it's only because I've gone a little longer than I should without eating so planning is the key. Sometimes I feel like I'm eating too much! But I understand that it's all part of the plan.

So far I have lost about 9 pounds going into week 4. I'm a bit disappointed with that, but on the other hand healthy weight loss is slow and that amount is on point for healthy weight loss. I lost more the 1st week than any other. I have had a couple of occasions where I went off-plan a little bit, but that has been rare and I have used Haylie's tips for coping with those situations. Let's face it...no one can realistically follow a plan like this 100% of the time for 28 days. Life happens!

My advice to anyone starting this plan is to plan ahead. There are 3 phases in every week and they are all slightly different in what you can eat. I felt like I was constantly buying food my first week to meet the requirements. She mitigates that issue by recommending that you make food ahead and freeze it. I think that's a good idea but I haven't taken the time to do that and I'm still managing just fine. I also think that a lot of the recipes in the book are overly-complicated and require way too many ingredients, but I think that many people like having the recipes available. I've mainly just created my own dishes based on the food allowances for any given phase.

I am planning to complete this 4-week cycle and then take a break while on vacation later this month. I will come back to the plan when I return from vacation and keep with it for a while. I know that I'm eating much healthier than I have ever eaten in my life (more veggies in the past 3 weeks than probably my whole life!) and I'm eating "clean" more than I ever have. I feel good, my skin and hair look great, I'm sleeping well, and I'm losing weight in a healthy way eating highly nutritious and nutrient-dense food.

If you feel that you are ready to be truly committed to getting your metabolism back on track and making healthy changes in your life, I highly recommend this program. As an added resource, there is also a lot of great information on Haylie's website. I found the FAQs particularly helpful.
on September 16, 2015
Even though I did not lose more than 7 pounds during my initial 28 day diet plan, I cannot stress how much BETTER I felt afterwards! I could definitely tell a huge difference in the way my body had changed inside. Acid Reflux - gone. Tiredness - gone. Gas, bloating, and irregular bowel movements - gone. Even my hair and skin showed significant improvement! Since I felt soooo good, I decided to repeat the diet immediately after the first go-around. For me, that was a good decision because I needed to perform the necessary annual HRA (Health Risk Assessment - blood draw). All of my numbers came back excellent except for two (but even they were better than before as well)! That was an eye-opener for me to realize how important diet really is. Another unexpected aspect of this diet was how my taste buds no longer desired certain foods that I loved, especially sweets. At parties/gatherings I noticed that I was migrating towards the fruits and vegetables more so than the dessert table. As a matter of fact, I was craving the healthy foods. Also, when I did eat former unhealthy foods, my body responded negatively towards them. I would experience the tiredness, acid reflux, and intestinal issues (mentioned above) real quick. I would definitely encourage everyone to try the diet. The first two weeks are the hardest because you are trying to shop for and prepare foods that you need to eat 5 times a day. Afterwards, the routine becomes habitual. Nonetheless, the diet is well worth your time if you just want to improve your overall health. I haven't felt this good in years, so there is no going back for me.