5.0 out of 5 stars Your wrong Bob from NJ
Published on February 9, 2012 by AA from SA

Published on May 24, 2012 by Letsbefrank

5.0 out of 5 stars Your wrong Bob from NJ, February 9, 2012
This review is from: FastMac ACE-7949 U-Socket Standard Duplex Dual Outlet Dual USB, 110V, 15AMP TruePower, Almond (Tools & Home Improvement)
I dont really know who Bob from NJ is but he/she has left some falsified comments about this product on several sites to include the "How to Geek" site and Amazon. This product works wonderfully and it is labeled as Underwriters Listing Certified (UL) on the actually receptacle. If you to the site for [...] you can see that they list the unit as having a 5 star energy design. As for the low voltage and 120 voltage running in the outlet box well if you are really a Master Electrician then from the schematics on the How to Geek website you will see that the outlet itself is being connected to the existing electrical line no low voltage wires are running to it. Please dont add yourself titles your have not earned, and please dont mislead consumer with false information.

2.0 out of 5 stars Purchased from Amazon but poor design made it hard to install, May 24, 2012
I thought this item would clean up some of my USB connection mess and be an easy install since I am a former licensed electrician and have installed more duplex receptacles than I care to count. The shipment arrived as promised and the picture illustrated in the offer appeared to look like a normal duplex receptacle along with the two USB plugins. As soon as I opened the box, however I a was disappointed to see that the device was so bulky that I wondered if I would be able to install it. The design of the device is, in my opinion, very poor and it took me a very long time and a lot of aggravation to attached the hot, neutral, and ground wires.The case appeared to be designed by an accountant not an electrical engineer. Why? there was not sufficient space allowed to put the wires around the screws (to narrow) and the ground connection was especially awful. Finally, after attaching the wires, I couldn't slide the device into the standard box. Oops, the hot wire had to be routed down and back in a channel and the white wire has to be routed in another channel that was recessed along side of the device. It finally fit in the box and I installed the face plate. To add insult to injury the punch out for one of the USB ports was misaligned and misshaped. I was able to move the plate enough to push in the USB plug. The USB plug worked as promised, but I would avoid this product especially if you have no experience in installing receptacles.

PRO: Worked as advertized but needs improvement

CON: Expensive, poorly designed configuration, It is so big it will probably not fit in older box such as home built before 1960. Instructions were printed on nice heavy paper but the illustrations were poor nor adequate suggestions of the best way to route the wires to attache them to the screws. The ground wire was surrounded by metal brackets that made it almost impossible to install correctly. (this should have been a at most a 5-10 minute job, it took 45 minutes)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, February 4, 2012
What I like:

One less external adapter. Conventient. Works as expected.

What I don't:

It's bulky. If you're working in a tight space or are trying to put two dual sockets in one box then there's not much extra space. Also, it (obviously) only comes with the one dual socket wall plate, so if you want the 2 dual socket wall plate you have to make it yourself, like I did. Also, if you have adapters to plug in, you may not have space for the usb plug.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Well, Frees Up Outlets, March 14, 2012
We have 5 idevices in circulation commanding three of six outlets on the kitchen island with power blocks. Adding the U-Socket took five minutes and eliminates the clutter of a pair of power blocks, while freeing up outlets for actual kitchen tasks. It works perfectly on iPhones, Pods, and Pad2 and has not felt warm to the touch. I only wish it came with a stainless steel plate option to match the rest of our outlet plates and would buy a second if it did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install and awesome!, March 13, 2012
Brian P. Roberts "Bri" (Temple Terrace, FL United States) - See all my reviews
The title pretty much says it all. I have to do the harder install (middle outlet) but had no real problems. Charges all my electronics that are usb accessible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, April 2, 2013
Easy to install. Looks and works great! I do have to admit that the price is a little high for a wall outlet. Still a great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool, added convenience, January 21, 2013
This is pretty easy to install (as long as you know how to use a screwdriver and turn off the electrical breaker), and is a nice way to not need a USB outlet adapter - as well as freeing up the outlets for other plugs! It's worked great so far, and I'm very glad we made this purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars U socket, April 16, 2012
I didn't realize how much I'd like this when I ordered it. Fast shipping service AND it works on my Mac stuff (which is always a question if it doesn't come from them)!

5.0 out of 5 stars Coolest thing ever!, June 29, 2012
Jon E. (Sylvania, OH, USA) - See all my reviews
I love this product! It lets me charge two traditional devices and two usb devices at the same time. I did have a slight fit problem at first, where the entry point for the wall plate was set too far from the deep-seated inside socket. But using some washers did the trick, and now the usb ports sit flush against the wall plate. Perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!, February 14, 2013
I bought 2. I was having a new outlet put in and decided to also replace another with one of these while I was at it. I love that I no longer have to go looking for the adapter. All I need is the USB cord. Yes, it may take a little longer, but I honestly did not notice it, but then again, I recharge during the night.