Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on June 15, 2010
My son got this game for Christmas right after he turned 4. Our family loves logic puzzles and we were pleased that this game was not only challenging for him (on the lower levels) but also for us on the higher levels. During the cold months, we generally play a family game after supper, before bedtime, and we like this one because we can do the puzzles together or individually.

My son also likes the idea of having to get all the animals across the river. The concept of a matching animal (blue follows blue or hippo follows hippo) having to follow the one in front of it is easy enough, but the task of getting them ALL out that way can be challenging, because you have to think a few moves ahead!

Great game for developing strategic and logical thinkers, or just making an older person's brain work a little harder than normal!
on October 25, 2010
We got this for our son shortly after turning three. He loves playing Rush Hour, so we thought that this might be another good logic game for him. He absolutely loves it and the lower levels aren't too challenging to turn him away. In fact, he loves working through them and then when he gets to a more challenging level, he is engaged and ready to sit and solve it. We were impressed too because the harder levels really took some thinking on DH and I's parts...and having our son watch us think through and try different approaches when it was our turn, only seemed to reassure him that thinking through things on his challenges were okay.

The pieces are very sturdy as is the board. And the flip book, although it could be ripped in the wrong hands (young child), has held up well in our son's hands, and we have had it for almost a year. Overall, we highly recommend this game. It is fun for us parents to play, and has enough difficulty levels that almost any age could join in the fun. And it is a game that our son requests to play over and over.
on February 11, 2011
I purchased this game as a gift for my five-year-old. Turns out the grown ups in the family have had as much (or more!) fun as she is having with this puzzle-solving game! Sixty puzzles are contained in a sturdy spiral-bound book, arranged by levels- with "1" being the easiest (my five-year-old can do these) and level "5" being the most difficult (these take some serious thought and strategic planning). The puzzles in the book tell you how to arrange the animals on the game board to start; the goal is to remove the animals from the game board one at a time, making sure each animal removed is followed by one that is either the same kind of animal (giraffe, camel, lion, hippo) or same color (red, yellow, green, blue). This is more difficult than it sounds! The game can be played over and over- there are plenty of puzzles, and it would be next to impossible to remember the solutions, so no worries about running out of games to solve. It is an ideal "quiet time" game, as it can be played alone (little ones may need some guidance, at least to start) and it requires thoughtful concentration. The game board is a sturdy cardboard that would easily wipe clean, and the animal pawns are made of painted wood. Only complaint I might have is that if you aren't playing in bright light the green and blue animals are a little tricky to tell apart. All in all, this is a great game and I would highly recommend it for any age.
on January 16, 2013
I got this toy and we tried to play it the first time and the instructions even confused me. My 4 year old wasn't too interested at that time so we put it away. A few months later we tried again and she really liked it. After playing a a few times, the instructions made more sense. I have to agree that they didn't write the instruction clearly enough when the rules are very simple.

It says "Only one animal may cross the river at a time" and "An animal may cross the bridge only if there is not another animal in front of it blocking its path". This is confusing because of the way the animals are laid out, but basically, ANY animal in the first column can cross the bridge. Also, an animal is considered OK to cross if there is no animal in front of it. For example, if space 1, 5, and 9 are empty (first 3 spots in the first row) and there's an animal in #13, then that animal may cross the bridge even if there are animal in the 1st rows of rows 2, 3, 4. Hope this makes sense!

It does get tricky to play this game...we're only on #5, but I can see how this will get you and your child thinking!
on March 22, 2011
I got this for my six year old daughter. I like it and think it's fun. And my daughter likes it from time to time. But it really has not come off the shelf very often in the three months since we got it. Usually it takes a fair amount of persuading for me to get it off the shelf and get her to play with it. Then she plays with it for two or three set ups. And that's usually about it.

I think other kids might like this more than my daughter does. She can be quite resistant to trying things sometimes. Another thought is that sequential thinking isn't really a skill in demand in first grade. In school, she is asked to read, write, do some basic math like arithmetic and simple geometry, but sequential thinking isn't something that seems terribly important to her life at home or in school. I suppose the same could be said about playing Go or Chess. They develop a certain kind of thinking, but I don't think that sort of thinking is really in demand in early elementary school.

It's a shame because the game is well constructed. The pieces are made of a durable well-painted wood. It has high replay value with many different setups you can use. But I think I like this game more than my daughter does.
on May 25, 2015
This is not a game. It is a logic puzzle played by one individual at a time. This is important to understand. While my kids like it, and frankly so do I, it is not a multi-person game for the whole family to enjoy together, like a typical board game. This surprised me.

The game itself is interesting, and the various levels and multiple games make it challenges for a wide variety of ages, including adults. However, like any logic puzzle, it can get frustrating if you can't find the solution. My six year old generally needs my help to keep it moving, and for her it is as much about our interaction as it is the game. My nine year old likes to play it in short spurts.

There is something like 50 or so different puzzles to solve, that are supposed to get progressively more difficult. Some reviewers have indicated there is a flaw in one of the early puzzles - I think it was #3. The puzzle is actually solvable, without a flaw, but there is one spot that is very confusing and makes it far more difficult than it should be that early in the progression.

It is a fun and intriguing concept, and a good way to keep a child occupied for 30 minutes or so without TV. I would recommend it for the price.
on February 22, 2012
This is a fun little puzzle game for kids and adults. If you like to "figure stuff out" then this is the game for you. Without going into too much detail, the premise is that you have to remove all the animals from a grid in a certain order based on the type and color of the animal. It's easy to learn kids and adults alike. The "easy" courses are easy enough for kids to work, while the "hard" courses will give trouble to adults.

I got this for my 5 year old daughter for Christmas and she was all over it. It's a one player game, and she sat there for several hours advancing through the different "courses" that come with the game. This is a great game for an adult to play WITH their child, as you can talk together about the different options and scenarios available.

If you like logic games, this one would be a logical choice.
on August 16, 2011
My son (6) love this! He started out at the first level and has worked his way up through all of the puzzles. I must admit that the ones near the end are even a challenge to his parents. A great toy that exercises logical thinking skills and problem solving. It's true that it can be for the young all the way through adult because of the progressing levels of difficulty.
on May 18, 2015
This a fantastic game it really has challenges from ages from 5 and up and it is not easy but is very challenging and helps to
develop your thinking process it is a fantastic game and I am so glad that I bought this for my grandchild who is 5 yrs old
and going on 20. A game like this is perfect for him and for all ages 4 and up.
If you purchase this game you will never regret it.
on January 26, 2016
This is an excellent game for everyone. I wasn't sure how my five-year-old would do with it, but so far he does great and hasn't hit a puzzle he couldn't figure out with a little help yet. It's a really fun way to exercise analytical skills without knowing you're doing that. I love that it's tactile and the little blocks are nice to hold. I'm very pleased and feel like we'll be paying this for years.