5.0 out of 5 stars Great Poker Chip Set for the Price
The set I received matched the picture but not the description. The two differences were:

Published on February 24, 2008 by Robert Lidral

2.0 out of 5 stars FAT CAT CAN KEEP THESE POKER CHIPS
Published on September 8, 2008 by Norman D. Wong

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Poker Chip Set for the Price, February 24, 2008
This review is from: Fat Cat Fat Cat 11.5g Texas Hold Em Poker Chip Set - 500 Chips (Sports)

(1) The case is not lockable. That is OK with me; I don't plan to lock it and didn't want the hassle of keeping track of the keys. Also, the case has three latches instead of the two on a lot of other sets. The extra latch provides additional protection against accidental opening.

(2) The chip color distribution is:
150 white
150 red
100 blue
50 green
50 black

I prefer this color distribution because I am accustomed to the following values for each color:
white - 1
red - 5
blue - 10
green - 25
black - 100
and it's usually a good idea to have more chips for the smaller denominations than for the larger ones. However, since the chips do not have denominations on them, they can be used for any denominations desired.

These are not true casino-grade chips (and they cost a lot less than casino-grade chips). But they're great for home games. I bought them on sale for less than $35 (less than $.07/chip) which is a really good price. You'd have a hard time finding lightweight plastic chips for that price and these are much the better 39mm 11.5g chips. The price was even better because Amazon had a temporary deal making this eligible for FREE Super Saver shipping so I didn't have to pay shipping charges.

Many of the chips had very slight casting burrs. These were not easily visible and only barely noticeable to the touch -- I had to look for them. I don't consider this a defect at this price and they may wear off during use, but I wanted to mention it to be thorough. Also, two of the chips had defects in the colors but 2 out of 500 is pretty good quality control for this price.

As described, the set included 2 decks of cards and 3 buttons (dealer, small blind, and big blind). The case also included a space for dice (the dice weren't mentioned in the listing and weren't included in the set). I only mention that in case you want to add poker dice (also available from Amazon): there's room in the case for them.

Other reviews complain about shipping damage. My set arrived quickly (less than a week with FREE Super Saver shipping) and in perfect condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as most casual player's chips, October 27, 2012
I was a little skeptical purchasing these chips because I saw all of the negative reviews. I must say now that I have them I am very happy with my choice. Some people will never be satisfied with anything. It is very important to understand that you are paying just about 32 dollars for 500 poker chips that equates to about 6 cents a chip. It is also important to remember that there is no shipping charge for this product (at the time of this review. So when someone says pay the extra 20 dollars and get a nicer set remember that is 20 + almost 20 for shipping.

that said let me get to the chips themselves. they are all the same dimensions. I saw some posts complaining about width and height. Basically if you set down a ten stack and match its height then you don't need to count the chips (you will have ten). I only say this because I know some people were claiming that this was not so.

the chips have blemishes some are scratched others are streaked some have paint run over or a small dimple or are small protrusion on the edge but let's face it... no one is looking at the chips. On the positive the chips have an excellent weight and make a nice sound. It is very satisfying to toss them into the pot or rake them out and stack them. It seems to me that fat cat just took the chips with minor defections from their more expensive set and decided to sell them at an extremely reduced price(i mean why throw the chips away when they can make something on them)

So let me end with this. If you are a reasonable individual (ie. understanding you are not getting casino quality for your money) and are hosting a game with friends and want to save money then this set is excellent. All of my friends were amazed at how great the chips looked and felt for the 32 dollars that I paid, and all of them asked me to forward them the link on amazon so that they could purchase their own. I would say that if I were trying to impress maybe a business partner or wealthy boss then these are probably not the chips for you.

Recap:

Pros: affordable, 500 chips (allows play with up to 10 people), 5 divisions of color, dealer chip, good weight, good sound, all around satisfying, free shipping, comes with case.

Cons: small blemishes, not perfect, not true clay, rather claytec, case handle is flimsy.

Rating: 5 stars (I chose 5 stars and not solely because of the price. yes, the chips are not perfect. I received them with low expectations and was extremely impressed at the quality vs price. That is key here quality and price because yes there are much better chips but they come at much higher price and for me spending 60 dollars when i could spend 30 on this great product was a no brainer)

I hope this helped you decide. I highly recommend the chips to casual players who have smaller buy ins and make it a guys night.

2.0 out of 5 stars FAT CAT CAN KEEP THESE POKER CHIPS, September 8, 2008
A poker chip set with a four star rating and free shipping, good deal right?. Its not,they are poorly made plastic chips with colors that bled into each other or have blurred print. The manufacturer also forgot the last step in making the poker chips; which was smoothing the rough edges. I had bought this chip set to play with my friends and was more disappointed than they were.
There are better chips on Amazon, you might worry that you will have to pay twenty dollars on shipping. I say, spend the extra twenty dollars and get a good chip set you can be proud of.

4.0 out of 5 stars My deployment vice, October 5, 2011
Sean T. Smith (Powell, TN United States) - See all my reviews
Looked at >20 options for poker chips prior to purchasing these for our deployment. After reading beaucoup reviews, settled on this one b/c of the comments about the sturdier case. They arrived and are just as advertised. More than enough chips for 7-9 players. Every one in the platoon likes the heavier feel to the chips. Of course there is no fancy design and the 'painting' is sometimes a little rough, but these were under $50! I think the cost was very good for the quality/quantity of the chips. The case is not samsonite but has taken some beatings quite well and the inner layers keep stuff from moving around. Took off one star because of the dealer/blind buttons as they seem to have been an afterthought. This might seem kind of nitpicky but I couldn't take off just a half-star. For the price, you should not be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set, April 30, 2008
Got the case within a week of ordering the set from pokergoods. The chips were good except the case was messed up on the right corner. I emailed Poker Goods customer service and they sent me a reply the same night saying they would send me a new case free of charge.

1.0 out of 5 stars Uneven chip height and messy painting. Disgusting cheap knockoff., December 16, 2008
I'm a reasonable man and a poker enthusiast. I've had a number of poker chip sets but this one by far is the worst one I have owned or touched.

Two major unforgivable problems:

1) The chips do not have equal height. Compare the height of one stack of 20 chips to another stack of 20 chips, and you will notice a visible difference in total height. Wow. How did they accomplish this?

2) The painting on a lot of the chips isn't even finished or is very messy. I'm just totally appalled that there is a business out there selling this product. It's a bigger scam than John Beck the real estate guy.

I'm not sure how this product has such a high overall rating. Perhaps I'm a very unlucky guy and received one defective product out of a million good ones. But this product obviously consists of individual parts whose integrity must be accounted for independently. So for the poor quality of my product to be a random event, I think I must be unlucky in the order of, conservatively speaking, one out of 10^10^10. So yes, I believe the company is a scam that sells disgusting knockoffs mostly to people who aren't even remotely familiar with chips.

4.0 out of 5 stars broken case, replaced, now happy!, June 22, 2008
like some of the other posts, i too received a defective case. the problem i think is the case comes in a tightly fitted box from the manufacturer, but is shipped in an Amazon box which is much larger in size. there were a couple of airpads to help cushion the inner box from moving around, but this is HEAVY so i am sure it slammed around inside the outer box which in turn broke the inside of the case. anyway, i emailed the manufacturer, received a response in 24 hrs, and they shipped a brand new case directly to me at no cost. the replacement was perfect. i am happy now. the quality on this set is not great, but for occasional use with friends you will be VERY happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, December 13, 2007
I bought this set for my father for Christmas, and I was a little worried that it would not have the big blind and little blind chips, but it did and it is PERFECT! I think it's very high quality, it has heavy chips and a heavy case, and exactly what I/he wanted! I was so pleased with my purchase! I got it from Fogdog, I received it in less than a week. I could not be happier with this set or the service! Thank you!

1.0 out of 5 stars Fragile damaged case, January 2, 2009
The case is very fragile, very cheap, chip holders inside are paper-like and not firm, the case came damaged both inside and outside, Amazon offered only 25% refund to compensate for the damage or to return for full refund, I had to spend time returning.

4.0 out of 5 stars great poker chip set, August 13, 2008
A. Feinberg (Saugerties, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This 500 chip set it ideal for home games of up to 10 players.

The chip weight is great and quality is good. Some chips have a small nub remaining from the manufacturing process, but if they bother you, they're easy to remove. The edge striping is a nice feature not found in similar discounted sets, but the white chips with blue stripes are easy to mix up with the blue chips with white stripes when they are stacked.

The playing cards that come with the set are not of very high quality and get creased quite easily. I bought new cards after only one night of playing with them.

The overall weight of the set is shocking, which is why shipping charges for comparable sets is typically more than the cost of the set itself. Amazon super saver shipping was the key factor in my decision to get this set over similar sets from other discount poker Web sites.

Fat Cat Hold'em Dealer Poker Chip Set (500 Chips)
$79.99 $30.99